Mechanist - Power Mechanist
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Focused on: Strike damage
Power Mechanist is a very simple and straight forward build. Armed with the sturdy CJ-1 mech that will tank almost everything for you, power mechanist is a very safe and reliable open world build, and has good crowd control and damage.
The build has one annoying downside named , which requires you to always be near your mech or your mech command skills (F1, F2, F3) will have their cooldown increased by 50%, these skills also replace your toolbelt skills.
- Rifle can be used to sacrifice a large amount of damage in exchage for range.
is great because it also heals your mech. Other alternatives can be considered:
- provides very high healing and cleanses 2 conditions when first deployed, while creating a water field where you can detonate the turret to provide even more healing (See: Guide:What are Combo Fields). Always pick up the turret or detonate it, as it will provide more healing over time than the super weak regeneration that leaving the turret deployed provides.
- - helpful to negate a big attack or a oneshot. This skill requires a bit more skill to use, as it only provides large healing if you were to take lethal damage.
has great damage and crowd control, never replace it. shares your boons with your mech, and can be used to stun break and teleport while cleansing two conditions, it's a really good skill. is a basic damage increase and can be activated for crowd control. You can consider other alternatives:
- - quickness and stunbreak.
- - if you need to block dangerous projectiles.
- - if you need extra mobility.
is the best elite for this build. It can be used for damage, or to resummon your mech if it dies.
- - DPS increase when playing in groups providing you with Fury.
- - can be used when playing rifle to sacrifice a minor amount of damage for some extra AoE.
- - for underwater combat with its passive skill, but we recommend you don't play mechanist underwater.
Ascended gear is not required.
- and are interchangeable.
- Other relics include , , .
- For defense, equip the highest tier Jade Core you can afford. Use defensive food, traits, or skills if required. If necessary, use Knight trinkets.
Budget consumables are acceptable for use in open world.
- Prioritize Steak Ascended food.
- Prioritize Steak Ascended food.
- (and variants)
This build is extremely easy to play so this section is going to be very short.
- Spam , , and . You can also use to command your mech to use , this doesn't interrupt any action the Mech is doing.
- If using rifle, spam and . You can also use to command your mech to use , this doesn't interrupt any action the Mech is doing. You can save for CC or to cleanse yourself of movement-impeding conditions, or otherwise spammed for damage.
- Stay near your mech to avoid the cooldown penalty of .
- Spam your mech F1 skill off cooldown. You can set it to auto-cast if you want by pressing control+mouse 2 on the skill.
- F2 and F3 can be spammed for damage, or saved if you need CC. If you need to save them for CC, do not set them to auto-cast.
- In fights where your mech is not at risk of dying, you can use for extra damage.
- Stay close to your target to benefit from and .
- The best defense is always to dodge or sidestep attacks
- Your mech will tank most enemies for you. Hide behind it when fighting enemies that fire projectiles.
- If your mech is standing in a damaging AoE, you can recall it to your location with F7 Return to Me.
- You can block attacks with .
- You can teleport out of danger with . This skill also cleanses 2 conditions from yourself and your mech.
- If your mech dies, wait a second for the skill to go on cooldown, then use to resummon it immediatly.
- You have minor healing over time from both and .
- If your enemy gives itself boons, save to remove up to 3 of them.
- (Mech's F2)
- (Mech's F3)
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium