Mesmer - Core Shatter
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Focused on: Strike damage
Designed for: PvP Conquest
A glass cannon core Mesmer burst build for PvP, meant to roam from teamfight to teamfight and +1 them by bursting down targets.
Usable by F2P players as well, but be warned that power shatter builds are generally unforgiving to play - although they are rewarding and satisfying to pull off.
- over - instant ranged interrupt that can slot into your burst combos. on Domination becomes a viable option with this, increasing the skillcap of this build by allowing you to lock people out of important CDs like healing skills while the Weakness improves your survivability by decreasing the damage they deal to your team.
- or - if you're willing to give up mobility for more damage.
- - access to fury and might on CC. Pairs well with .
- Playstyle: roam the map looking for a fight to +1, don't try to 1v1 unless absolutely necessary. Leave fights as soon as your cds are going down and you become a target.
- is a very long duration AoE stealth, get creative! Couple of applications include stealthing yourself or the entire team in order to get to open on the enemy team, or cloaking downed allies to prevent a stomp.
- Your condition cleanses are , and .
- Poke with and in teamfights if you don't see an opening.
- reflects projectiles while the skills is being channeled. This can be abused to an extent. If you stow your weapon before the channeling finishes, you get to reflect projectiles while only sending your healing skill on a 4 second CD. Of course if you do this you won't be healed. It's a niche things but worth knowing.
- The build is all about pulling off a major burst combo and getting a kill with it. There's a downtime between bursts where you should primarily just focus on personal survival and rotations.
- 's true value lies in trait synergy with , this shatter is mostly for softening up targets and removing their boons. Could also work as a filler burst skill when is on CD.
- and gain a new purpose when playing with . Not only will you be able to instantly send skills on a 15s CD, but applying Weakness on interrupt could help you mitigate incoming damage.
- What the build lacks in sustained damage, it makes up for in bursts.
- There are upt to two important damage modifiers to note depending on the version of the build, (when not using ) and (only with the Dueling variant). In a way both are tied to your opponent being inactive. The best way to ensure that both of these traits are going to take effect is to CC the target with or right before bursting them. Diversion itself may proc various traits on Domination for Vulnerability which translates to even more damage modifiers, but it does consume your clones so might lose some damage.
- The burst combo is best done in melee range for various reasons. One, to get the most out of the bounces and two, to make yourself act as an extra clone for shatters.
- Despite what the tooltip says, can be activated by your F2-4 shatter skills (nut only in melee range of an enemy).
- in melee range.
- Optional before the blade connects to the target.
- once the clone appears from Mirror Blade.
- as soon as you can.
Extended burst combo example:
- Optional - start from stealth to make the burst less predictable. If you're using you could time your burst in a way that the stealth runs out in the middle of the combo as The Prestige does AoE damage after it runs out. Breaking the stealth doesn't cause the damage to go off any sooner.
- Optional - if you start from Sword/Torch you could try rooting the target with .
- Optional - right before the combo, boosting your damage through various Grandmaster traits. It's a rather short window however, the best scenario would be bursting a target that's already CC'd by one of your teammates and saving Diversion for later.
- Optional - if you can afford to discard a strong defensive CD, using right before the burst spawns another clone that can be shattered by for extra damage. Just keep in mind that Decoy interrupts skill casting so don't try to squeeze it in in the middle of casting Mirror Blade.
- in melee range.
- before the first bounce of Mirror Blade.
- as the clone from Mirror Blade appears.
- as soon as you can.
- If the opponent is still alive, you can use / / , whatever extra damage is available. If they try to heal follow up with or .
- Twitch: RIP
- Twitch: Shorts
- Core Shatter Roamer - the WvW Roaming version of the build.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium