Mesmer - Core Shatter
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A glass cannon core Mesmer burst build for PvP. Usable by F2P players as well.
can be replaced by either the following skills:
- - longer stealth duration but also on a longer cooldown. Generates a clone so it could even be used offensively on rare occasions. Unlike the signet, this skill does interrupt your skill casting which is a major downside.
- - on-demand CC that has synergy with various traits.
- or - if you're willing to give up mobility for more damage.
- Playstyle: roam the map looking for a fight to +1, don't try to 1v1 unless absolutely necessary.
- is a very long duration AoE stealth, get creative! Couple of applications include stealthing yourself or the entire team in order to get to open on the enemy team, or cloaking downed allies to prevent a stomp.
- Your manipulation skills , and have shorter cooldown and they give Superspeed.
- Your condition cleanses are , and .
- Poke with and in teamfights if you don't see an opening.
- reflects projectiles while the skills is being channeled. To an extent, this can be abused. If you stow your weapon before the channeling finishes, you get to reflect projectiles while only sending your healing skill on a 4 second CD. Of course if you do this, you won't be healed. It's a niche use but might be worth knowing.
- The build is all about pulling off a major burst combo and getting a kill with it. There's a downtime between bursts where you should primarily just focus on personal survival and rotations.
- 's true value lies in trait synergy. blinds targets it strikes, so in melee this could be used preemptively to avoid getting hit by something dangerous. It also removes boons via which is great at softening up targets shortly before a burst or just stripping Stability and opening up the target for interrupts.
- What the build lacks in sustained damage, it makes up for in bursts.
- There are two important damage modifiers to note, and . In a way both are tied to your opponent being inactive. The best way to ensure that both of these traits are going to take effect is to CC the target with or right before bursting them. Diversion itself may proc various traits on Domination for Vulnerability which translates to even more damage modifiers, but it does consume your clones so loses some damage.
- The burst combo is best done in melee range for various reasons. One, to get the most out of the bounces and two, to make yourself act as an extra clone for shatters.
- in melee range.
- or before the blade connects to the target.
- once the clone appears from Mirror Blade.
- as soon as you can.
Extended burst combo:
- Optional - start from stealth to make the burst less predictable. If you're using you could time your burst in a way that the stealth runs out in the middle of the combo as The Prestige does AoE damage after it runs out. Breaking the stealth doesn't cause the damage to go off any sooner.
- Optional - if you start from Sword/Torch you could try rooting the target with .
- Optional - right before the combo, boosting your damage through various Grandmaster traits. It's a rather short window however, the best scenario would be bursting a target that's already CC'd by one of your teammates and saving Diversion for later.
- Optional - if you can afford to discard a strong defensive CD, using right before the burst spawns another clone that can be shattered by for extra damage. Just keep in mind that Decoy interrupts skill casting so don't try to squeeze it in in the middle of casting Mirror Blade.
- in melee range.
- or before the first bounce of Mirror Blade.
- as the clone from Mirror Blade appears.
- as soon as you can.
- If the opponent is still alive, you can use / / , whatever extra damage is available. If they try to heal follow up with or .
- High condition pressure
- Core Shatter Roamer - the WvW Roaming version of the build.