Mesmer - Core Shatter Roamer
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Focused on: Direct damage
Designed for: WvW Roaming
A Power Core Mesmer WvW roamer that's all about pulling off massive bursts and pressuring targets through interrupts and smaller combos inbetween or just surviving until the main combo comes off CD. Usable by F2P players as well.
Skill Bar Variants
can be replaced by either the following skills:
- - Decoy-lite, lower stealth duration but more frequently available. You do lose an extra source of clone generation though which could potentially lower burst damage. Another big reason for picking this one is that, unlike , the signet doesn't interrupt your own casts and therefore could be used even in the middle of casting .
- - makes it easier to reap the benefits of several damage modifiers on Domination/Dueling by CCing the target right before the burst.
- is the more conventional trait for the Master tier slot and remains viable, but lowers your burst potential unless it removes Protection.
- Beginners can mix in a few additional Marauder pieces for more sustain (don't overdo it though), while more experienced players could even consider going full Berserker for higher burst potential.
- - better mobility.
- - good stats and passive damage mitigation.
- - cheap crit chance bump with armor ignoring damage procs which also heal.
- or .
- is a very long duration AoE stealth, get creative! Couple of applications include stealthing yourself or the entire team in order to get to open on the enemy team, or cloaking downed allies to prevent a stomp.
- Your manipulation skills , and have shorter cooldown and they give Superspeed.
- Your condition cleanses are , and .
- Poke with and in teamfights if you don't see an opening.
- reflects projectiles while the skills is being channeled. To an extent, this can be abused. If you stow your weapon before the channeling finishes, you get to reflect projectiles while only sending your healing skill on a 4 second CD. Of course if you do this, you won't be healed. It's a niche use but might be worth knowing.
- The build is all about pulling off a major burst combo and getting a kill with it. There's a downtime between bursts where you should primarily just focus on personal survival and rotations.
- What the build lacks in sustained damage, it makes up for in bursts.
- There are two important damage modifiers to note, and . In a way both are tied to your opponent being inactive. The best way to ensure that both of these traits are going to take effect is to CC the target with right before bursting them. Diversion itself may procs various traits on Domination for Vulnerability which translates to even more damage.
- The burst combo is best done in melee range for various reasons. One, to get the most out of the bounces and two, to make yourself act as an extra clone for shatters.
- in melee range.
- immediately after the first bounce of Mirror Blade.
- a split second after Power Spike.
- as soon as you can.
Extended burst combo:
- Optional - start from stealth to make the burst less predictable. If you're using you could time your burst in a way that the stealth runs out in the middle of the combo as The Prestige does AoE damage after it runs out. Breaking the stealth doesn't cause the damage to go off any sooner.
- Optional - if you start from Sword/Torch you could try rooting the target with .
- Optional - if you can afford to discard a strong defensive CD, using right before the burst spawns another clone that can be shattered by for extra damage.
- in melee range.
- the same time as Mirror Blade.
- once the clone from Mirror Blade has spawned.
- as soon as you can.
- If the opponent is still alive, you can use / / .
Core Shatter (sPvP) - the Conquest PvP version of the build.
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade