Mirage - Celestial Signet Roamer
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Designed for: WvW Roaming
An easy to play, hybrid Mirage build for WvW roaming that focuses on spamming dodges and s for both defensive and offensive purposes.
Skill Bar Variants
- over - Blink is a staple Mesmer skill in almost any roaming/PvP build and replacing it is generally not recommended. SoM however has great synergy with many things in the build and adds an instant source of Distortion/Stealth/mass cleanse on top of breaking stuns. Your mobility and chase potential will be much lower however.
- causes to cleanse 2 conditions, which also applies to all of your Signets thanks to . The price of this is lower condition damage and longer CDs on Staff skills.
- lowers your burst damage in exchange for even more cleansing.
- - passive mobility and increase to boon/condition durations, minor overall stat boost.
- over Cleansing - if you feel like you can get away with giving up some defense against conditions for more pressure, condition diversity, and some healing reduction on enemies.
- is a cheaper version of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew and sufficient enough in most cases.
- Optimal: or , whichever is cheaper (the difference beween them is negligible, a grand total of 2 condition damage stat in favor of Tuning Icicle).
- Budget: either from Canned Food Crates found in WvW s or purchased from the Permanent Portable Provisioner.
Elite specialization basics
- Dodge rolling is replaced by Mirage Cloak, which is more or less the same thing but allows you to cast skills and grants access to ambush attacks over its duration: for Staff and for Axe. Ambush skills replace the autoattack of the weapons for 1.5 seconds.
- You can dodge while casting skills or stomping/rezing, but you can't dodge while CC'd.
- Always do your boon stacking rotation on CD!
- Rotation: ⇒ Shatter ⇒ ⇒ . Consider using your shatter in the middle of channeling the signet, as shatters are instant but the signet has a cast time. Just make sure to shatter before the signet goes off.
- This combo is important for both damage and sustain, playing a key role in achieving a high uptime of Vigor, Regeneration and Might. All of these are very important for the build.
- Any shatter will do, as the main goal is to prolong the Vigor granted by . Each shatter however also grants a unique boon from which you could capitalize on with the signet.
- Try to send your Phantasms on CD before using as your healing skill partially recharges them.
- Aim to either have no endurance, or low endurance right before swapping weapons. Both sets have a which refills your entire endurance bar, so let's not waste it.
- Signets give you which allows you to use Ambush attacks while it lasts.
- This however has no synergy with as these Ambushes don't come from Mirage Cloak.
- Using has a chance to drop a at your location via the trait . Both sets can take adventage of the combo field created by Chaos Storm and combo :
- on Staff.
- on Axe/Torch.
- There are several condition management tools in the build:
- (If taken) Weapon swapping to Staff removes 3 conditions via .
- is your mass cleanse, removing a total of 5 conditions with .
- Due to Phantasms take 1 condition from you when summoned.
- removes another one when you use your healing skill.
- cleanses when activated.
- Every signet grants .
- is an excellent panic button and mobility tool that instantly yeets you across the battlefield whilst breaking stuns.
- Your strongest option against damage in general is , granting you immunity to any form of pressure including CC and conditions that are already on you.
- Use for mobility while roaming or chasing after targets. PR teleports you in the opposite direction of where you're facing, so in order to teleport "forward" simply turn around and use it then turn back. We recommend that you set up a bind for about face to do this in a fluid manner (Options ⇒ Control Options ⇒ Movement).
- About face ⇒ ⇒ about face is the rotation.
- Make sure that you don't have an enemy targeted when doing this!
- is the strongest shatter skill here when it comes to damage, followed by . These 2 will help you burst.
- Staff is for sustained damage and survival while Axe is where your burst damage comes from.
- spam puts out decent pressure from a safe distance whilst stacking important boons.
- There are 3 ways to gain access to Ambush attacks:
- Picking up a Mirage Mirror created by the empowered . Each shattered clone will place one on the ground.
- Gaining Distortion, which you can do by using your F4 ability or activating any of your signets.
- Don't be afraid to use if you need to keep the pressure up but you're all out of shatters. This signet also lets you be a bit more wasteful of your shatters, knowing that you can recharge them anytime.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium