Mirage - Celestial Signet Roamer
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Focused on: Hybrid damage
Designed for: WvW Roaming
A hybrid Mirage build for WvW roaming with extremely high sustain and moderate damage/CC.
Skill Bar Variants
- over - Blink is a staple Mesmer skill in almost any roaming/PvP build and replacing it is generally not recommended. SoM however has great synergy with many things in the build and adds an instant source of Distortion/Stealth/mass cleanse on top of breaking stuns. Your mobility and chase potential will be much lower however.
- Take if you need more damage and can afford to trade cleansing for it.
- - much improved cleansing without sacrificing too much damage.
- - passive mobility and increase to boon/condition durations, minor overall stat boost.
doesn't make or break the build and can be replaced. Currently we recommend this because the build benefits a lot from Might stacking and with the boon duration it has, the 5 stacks from this sigil have near permanent uptime. Other viable options include:
- - better cleansing.
- - at 16 stacks and above this is a bigger boost to condition damage than the current sigil, but requires setup and your power damage will still be lower.
- is a cheaper version of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew and sufficient enough in most cases.
Elite specialization basics
- Dodge rolling is replaced by Mirage Cloak, which is more or less the same thing but allows you to cast skills and grants access to ambush attacks over its duration: for Staff and for Axe. Ambush skills replace the autoattack of the weapons for 1.5 seconds.
- You can dodge while casting skills or CC'd, but only have one dodge bar.
- Always do your boon stacking rotation on CD!
- Rotation: ⇒ Shatter ⇒ ⇒ . Consider using your shatter in the middle of channeling the signet, as shatters are instant but the signet has a cast time. Just make sure to shatter before the signet goes off.
- This combo is important for both damage and sustain, playing a key role in achieving a high uptime of Alacrity, Vigor, Regeneration and Might. All of these are very important for the build.
- Any shatter will do, as the main goal is to prolong the Vigor granted by . Each shatter however also grants a unique boon from which you could capitalize on with the signet.
- Try to send your Phantasms on CD before using as your healing skill partially recharges them.
- Aim to either have no endurance, or low endurance right before swapping weapons. Both sets have a which refills your entire endurance bar, so let's not waste it.
- Using has a chance to drop a at your location via the trait . Both sets can take adventage of the combo field created by Chaos Storm and combo :
- on Staff.
- on Axe/Torch.
- Conditions shouldn't pose a threat to this build:
- (If taken) Weapon swapping to Staff removes 3 conditions via .
- (If taken) is your mass cleanse, removing a total of 5 conditions with .
- Dodge rolling removes 2 conditions thanks to .
- Due to Phantasms take 1 condition from you when summoned.
- removes another one when you use your healing skill.
- cleanses whenever you shatter.
- Last but not least, is another source of cleansing.
- Every signet grants .
- is an excellent panic button and mobility tool that instantly yeets you across the battlefield whilst breaking stuns.
- Your strongest option against damage in general is , granting you immunity to any form of pressure including CC and conditions that are already on you.
- Use for mobility while roaming or chasing after targets. PR teleports you in the opposite direction of where you're facing, so in order to teleport "forward" simply turn around and use it then turn back. We recommend that you set up a bind for about face to do this in a fluid manner (Options ⇒ Control Options ⇒ Movement).
- About face ⇒ ⇒ about face is the rotation.
- Make sure that you don't have an enemy targeted when doing this!
- is the strongest shatter skill here when it comes to damage, followed by . These 2 will help you burst.
- Staff is for sustained damage and survival while Axe is where your burst damage comes from.
- spam puts out decent pressure from a safe distance whilst stacking important boons.
- There are 3 ways to gain access to Ambush attacks:
- Picking up a Mirage Mirror created by the empowered . Each shattered clone will place one on the ground.
- Gaining Distortion, which you can do by using your F4 ability or activating any of your signets.
- Don't be afraid to use if you need to keep the pressure up but you're all out of shatters. This signet also lets you be a bit more wasteful of your shatters, knowing that you can recharge them anytime.
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade