Mirage - Chaotic Condition
Designed for: PvP Conquest
An easy to play duelist Mirage spec for sPvP focusing on clone generation and ambush attacks.
- or over
- - better defense against conditions.
If you don't need the passive mobility boost of Lynx, there are other viable options too:
- - better sustain against condition builds.
- - higher damage and HP.
- - adds more condition removal to , worth considering when you're only playing with 1 Cleansing sigil (less Antitoxin value).
- over - helps you out a lot in condition matchups but makes your Scepter bursts slightly worse. Also has Antitoxin synergy.
Elite specialization basics
- Dodge rolling is replaced by Mirage Cloak, which is more or less the same thing but allows you to cast skills and grants access to ambush attacks for its duration: for staff and for scepter. Ambush skills replace the autoattack of the weapons for 1.5 seconds.
- Pressing dodge grants Superspeed and Regeneration (which reduces incoming condition duration while it lasts thanks to ). makes it so that whenever you gain Mirage Cloak, your clones are also going to receive it with all benefits including access to ambush attacks - it can even make your clones evade skills such as or , denying your opponent various bonuses.
- Playstyle: the basic gameplan is simple, dodging spawns clones via while also granting you and your clones Mirage Cloak for ambush skill access.
- The spawned clone will immediately do its ambush attack.
- Creating 1-2 clones before dodging increases your burst damage on both sets and improves Alacrity acces when using Staff.
- Dodging with 3 active clones is a bit of a waste because one of your fresh clones will just override an old one, but it's still worth doing because a 3 clone ambush is quite strong. You could also use in this situation, not wasting any dodges while still making all of your clones do their ambush attack.
- The build has very poor access to condition cleansing, limited only to , and . Try to play it safe against condition specs: outrange them with staff, chain block / evade frames in melee, use your interupts to prevent them from casting while there are gaps in your defense, etc.
- Use to prevent conditions from overwhelming you if other sources no longer suffice. You may even consider using just to get a second Distortion if things are looking grim.
- The Scepter auto attack chain progresses if you keep attacking even while out of combat with no target selected. By using the first 2 skills of the chain you can start combat with for a free clone.
- Besides cleansing conditions while at the same time pressuring your opponent with them, is also useful for boon removal/stacking in general, for example getting rid of their Resistance or stealing Vigor for synergy.
- Staff is what you use for sustain, ranged poking, mobility, boon stacking and sustained damage.
- is a great defensive tool against direct damage, mainly because of Weakness and Protection.
- Note: this skill can be used while stunned!
- is the strongest skill on this weapon. Standing in it supplies allies with defensive boons including Aegis while inflicting several conditions that can mitigate damage like Weakness or Chill (Chill makes it harder to reach you while slowing down their skill recharge rate). It even interrupts enemies with Daze when first placed. Excellent skill to use when you need area denial for downed cleave, sustain and other such scenarios.
- is good for building some distance between you and your target, and can even be used while stunned, potentially allowing you to save dodges for later.
- When used in PR grants . Keep in mind that this doesn't stack in duration, so try not to overlap Chaos Armors from different sources.
- summons a Phantasm that's stacking Vulnerability on your target, which is useful for setting up bursts. After the attack it'll turn into a clone, potentially fueling shatters and ambush attacks.
- Use for mobility while traveling between capture points. Phase Retreat teleports you in the opposite direction of where you're facing, so to teleport "forward" turn around to use it and then turn back. We recommend that you set up a bind for about face to do this in a fluid manner (Options ⇒ Control Options ⇒ Movement).
- Make sure that you don't have an enemy targeted when doing this!
- The build heavily relies on keeping pressure up constantly by spawning clones through and making them unload ambush attacks via .
- As for burst damage a multi-clone is your best skill.
- should be used as often as possible, it's excellent for setting up burst or even avoiding attacks. Not only does dodging after a successful block immediately generate a total of 2 clones, but also makes them all (including you) unload their ambush attacks.
- If you have 2-3 active clones before using you should probably shatter them before the new ones spawn, as otherwise some of the previous clones will just go to waste.
- Note: there's a small evade frame after the block which can proc too.
- synergy plays a big part in this build and significant part of the build's pressure comes from this trait.
- With a little luck could stack nearly ~15 stacks of bleeding on its own.
Example #1 of a scepter/pistol burst
Example #2 of a scepter/pistol burst
- Dodge + ambush
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium