Mirage - Chaotic Condition Roamer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A WvW Roaming Mirage build focusing on condition pressure, mobility, and survival.
For the optional slot:
- - very versatile skill with target break, mobility, and extra damage from the ambush attacks.
- - adds stealth to the build and has a nice passive.
- - if you're having trouble dealing with incoming conditions.
- - more shatter spam and the passive has some nice synergy with the build.
- over - if you can afford to give up some condition removal for a stacking damage buff.
- - a cheaper and well-rounded alternative.
- - while the Power on it is kind of wasted, it does have a really useful 6th bonus and relevant secondary stats.
- Budget: (found in Canned Food Crates looted from WvW Skirmish Chests)
Note: the budget options are perfectly fine, not going for the optimal consumables won't really make too much of a difference.
Elite specialization basics
- Dodge rolling is replaced by Mirage Cloak, which is more or less the same thing but allows you to cast skills and grants access to ambush attacks for the duration: for staff and for axe. Ambush skills replace the autoattack of the weapons for 1.5 seconds.
- Pressing dodge grants Superspeed and Regeneration (which reduces incoming condition duration while it lasts thanks to ). makes it so that whenever you gain Mirage Cloak, your clones are also going to receive it with all benefits including access to ambush attacks - it can even make your clones evade skills such as , denying your opponent various bonuses.
- You can dodge while CC'd.
- Besides cleansing conditions while at the same time pressuring your opponent with them, is also useful for boon removal/stacking in general, for example getting rid of their Resistance or stealing Vigor for synergy.
- Staff is your defensive set used for ranged poking, mobility, and sustained damage while Axe/Pistol is there for burst damage.
- Staff is your primary defensive weapon.
- may not look that amazing at first glance, but it's an instant cast skill which applies Protection to the caster and AoE Weakness to nearby foes, effectively filtering their damage through two layers of mitigation. It's an excellent skill for surviving direct damage burst and it's usable even while CC'd.
- is the strongest skill on this weapon. Standing in it supplies allies with defensive boons including Aegis while inflicting several conditions that can mitigate damage like Weakness or Chill (Chill makes it harder to reach you while slowing down their skill recharge rate). The first hit of Chaos Storm always Dazes enemies, making it a reliable AoE interrupt.
- is good for building some distance between you and your target, and can even be used while stunned, potentially allowing you to save dodges for later.
- If used in PR grants . Keep in mind that this doesn't stack in duration, so try not to overlap Chaos Armors.
- The build has rather poor access to condition cleansing by default, limited only to and . Try to play it safe against condition specs: outrange them with staff, chain block / evade frames in melee, etc. Your strongest option against damage in general is , granting you immunity to any form of pressure including CC and conditions that are already on you.
- Use for mobility while roaming or chasing after targets. Phase Retreat teleports you in the opposite direction of where you're facing, so to teleport "forward" turn around to use it and then turn back. We recommend that you set up a bind for about face to do this in a fluid manner (Options ⇒ Control Options ⇒ Movement).
- Make sure that you don't have an enemy targeted when doing this!
- The build heavily relies on keeping pressure up constantly by spawning clones through and making them unload ambush attacks via .
- summons 2 Phantasms, each periodically stacking Vulnerability on your target, which is useful for setting up burst. After the attack they'll turn into cones, potentially fueling shatters.
Example of an Axe/Pistol burst combo:
- , dodge in the middle of it