Mirage - Power Shatter
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A PvP Mirage shatter build with exceptional burst and mobility.
- - makes it easier to set up burst, also has synergy with several traits.
- - adds stealth and a stun break that help deal with being focused.
- - similar to Decoy, but with shorter CD and stealth duration.
- is also a viable option especially against teams with a lot of Stability.
Taking Illusions instead of Dueling also works:
- Dodge rolling is replaced by Mirage Cloak, which is more or less the same thing but allows you to cast skills and grants access to ambush attacks for its duration: for Sword andfor Greatsword. Ambush skills replace the autoattack of the weapons for 1.5 seconds and can only be used once per Mirage Cloak activated.
- Pressing dodge grants Superspeed, breaks stun, and removes a condition thanks to the trait .
- Dodging out of a CC effect will however completely halt your endurance regeneration for 3 seconds, so sometimes it's beneficial to just wait out the short duration, less dangerous ones instead of breaking out.
- turns a Daze into a Stun (this effect has a 15 second cooldown). Stunning targets makes it much easier to burst them. Note: a daze can override a stun. If you shatter multiple clones usingand your first clone stuns the target, the second clone will override the stun with a daze, giving your opponent a better chance to react to your burst.
- can be used to strip Stability off of targets before dazing them. Stability will prevent both the CC and the vulnerability from being applied.
- can be used as a substitute forwhen that's on cooldown. CoF deals much less damage than MW does, but it's better than nothing especially for finishing low HP enemies or stripping boons.
- Channeling (if taken) will reduce the cooldown ofby 15 seconds.
- Thanks to the trait bothandcan each create an additional clone as long as you have at least 1 active clone.
- Because of Interrupting a skill deals damage and disables it for 15 seconds.
- There are several tools for stomping downed enemies including Blind on shatter or just mirage cloak in general, but there's also a rather fancy option: portal stomp.
- Portal stomp: Open your portal, start finishing off the target immediately, take the portal, then take the portal again near the end of the animation. Gfycat: Portal Stomp
- Portal stomp: Open your portal, start finishing off the target immediately, take the portal, then take the portal again near the end of the animation. Gfycat:
- A defensive set that can be used for mobility both out of and in combat.
- Use the Sword ambush skill, for mobility. Wait for the Superspeed to fall off before executing the ambush skill in order to maximize distance traveled. You can also use this skill for a minor burst combo:⇒⇒ shatter.
- deals heavy damage against targets without boons. Auto attacking is the best source of cleave on this set.
- is mainly used as a defensive skill with a Distortion-like effect, but also offers decent cleave damage if the targetd is stunned/has enough Vulnerability stacks.
- is the only source of Stealth in the build and a minor condition cleanse.
Optimal burst combo
- Keep in mind that this is pretty much the perfect scenario, you'll often have to resort to shorter versions of this combo based on which parts are not on CD and whether the target has Stability or not.
- Try do do it as fast as you can, ideally in ~1 second. May take some practice to get it right.
- Optional - get into combat on Sword/Torch and swap to Greatsword to proc Superior Sigil of ExposureYour next attack after you swap to this weapon while in combat inflicts 5 stacks of vulnerability for 5 seconds. (Cooldown: 9s)can also be used for the Stealth and a bit of added damage - if you do this, then wait until the Stealth almost runs out before proceeding with the rest of the burst.
- Optional - dodge while doing your burst combo to avoid getting interrupted.
- Pre-cast , preferably in melee range in order to reduce the travel distance of the projectile and make the bounces go off faster and with better accuracy. Also to gain some extra Might stacks. This skill spawns a clone on the first hit.
- Daze your target with (Mantra skill) if possible, shortly beforehits the target. If it's not available then other sources of daze will do just fine, such asand. With Mirage Thrust you can't pre-cast MB, but the Quickness from the Greatsword weapon swap sigils should make up for it. This step is to make it easier to land the burst in general and to make it benefit from the damage modifiers of(if taken) and.
- at your target right after the clone fromhas spawned, this will deal some extra damage and get you a 2nd clone from.
- to shatter the clones. More damage in melee range because the caster too counts as a clone for shatter skills.
- for some extra damage.
- Optional - can be used right before or after the burst.
- Optional - Use a CC after the burst such as if the target isn't dead and tries to heal up.