Mirage - Power Shatter
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A Mirage shatter build with exceptional burst and mobility.
- - makes it easier to set up burst, also has synergy with several traits.
- - adds stealth and a stun break that help deal with being focused.
- is a utility option that works well with
- can be used to help secure stomps and dodge important melee abilities
- can add more damage when bursting withand provides more access to Blur
Illusions over Dueling for more access to stealth and additional utility from shatters at the cost of damage
- Superior Rune of the Lynx(1): +25 Power (2): +35 Condition Damage (3): +50 Power (4): +65 Condition Damage (5): +100 Power (6): +25% Movement Speed
- inflicts a stun on daze once every five seconds. Triggering the stun is key to reliably connecting aburst combo.
- should be used to strip Stability off of targets before dazing them. Stability will prevent both the CC and the vulnerability from being applied.
- can be used instead offor boon stripping as long asis on cooldown.
- can be used as a burst shatter whenis on cooldown.
- Recharging will reduce the cooldown ofby 15 seconds. This allows you to useto interrupt heals and important skills due to the reduced cooldown.
- andcan create 1 clone on cast due to. Try to cast these abilities with an illusion out to maximize clone generation.
Using Mirage Cloak
- Mirage Cloak allows dodging under the effect of disabling control effects, while using abilities, and while stomping downed targets
- Dodging can now be used to protect important lengthy casts such as andin addition to enabling Ambush abilities
- makes dodges stun break and cleanse 1 condition.
- Ambush abilities overwrite the auto-attack abilities after a dodge roll. If you have recently executed an ambush ability this will lock out the first weapon ability until the 1 second cooldown has expired.
- It is important to stack Vulnerability before executing a burst combo. andapply vulnerability on daze or interrupt.gives significant damage amplification of vulnerability.
- chains can be used with 3 illusions out to stack up to 25 stacks of Vulnerability. Spacing out illusions can also result in daze chains that interrupt your target and stop skills for up to 4 seconds.
- Pairing andwill instantly grant 10 stacks of vulnerability ifwas taken.
- will apply up to 6 stacks of vulnerability on up to 3 targets, and grant 2 stacks of might per target hit (each target can be hit 3 times). Usingbefore a burst combo can significantly increase the damage dealt by granting up to 18 stacks of might and 6 stacks of vulnerability.
- currently can miss moving targets, and is not a consistent way to apply daze. It can still be used during dodge rolls in an attempt to interrupt targets or amplify damage.
Setting up Burst
- ,, andare the three ways to lock down a target
- Opening with requires you to be in melee range, but keepsoff cooldown, allowing you to interrupt heal abilities at range if your target survives
- Opening with allows you to set up achain afterwards to strip protective boons and stack more vulnerability
- is not a reliable way to start a burst combo and should be used sparingly for stuns.
- A defensive set that can be used for mobility both out of and in combat
- can be used for burst damage under a daze, cleave on downed targets, or as a backupto survive focus
- deals heavy damage against targets without boons. Auto attacking can finish off weakened foes or downed targets quickly
Using Illusionary Leap:
- 1. Optional: Enter 's stealth for the delayed damage
- 2. Pre-cast
- 3. Cast
- 4. Begin casting as the skill deals no damage during the 1/2 second cast time
- 5. Cast to Immobilize the target and appear on top of them
- 6. Use or
- 7. Use ifwas taken
- 7. on top of the target and immediately use a shatter
- 1. Make sure 1 illusion is active and be within 450 units of the target
- 2. Pre-cast
- 4. if taken
- 5. on top of the target and shatter
- The above option is not as telegraphed as leading with but will place theclone farther away from the target, creating more time to stun break and dodge the shatter damage.
Using Mirage Thrust:
- 1. Land a on the target
- 4. if taken
- 5. on top of the target and shatter
- Note that the stun from lasts 1 and 1/4 seconds. It is possible to squeeze in an extra usage ofandduring the burst with fast enough execution. This should only be done on targets with no stun breaks.
- 1. Begin Casting andin front of your target towards the end of the cast if necessary
- 2. Use orbeforefinishes casting
- 3. beforefinishes casting if this utility was taken
- 4. Cast andon top of the target while casting. Shatter as soon as the clone fromappears
- can be used before the burst combo. Remember to usein step 2. to avoid shattering the phantasm early. You will have to stun the target earlier to lock them in to all of your damage.
- can interrupt important abilities immediately after the burst and secure a kill
Interactions with Daze
- If a target is stunned by your and dazed during the stun duration, the new daze will strip off the stun effect and allow them to dodge roll. It is important not to chain daze effects while bursting to avoid this interaction.
- Although this build excels at burst damage and finishing off weakened targets, it is bad at contesting points and fighting for extended periods of time
- Use your mobility to disengage outnumbered fights and escape ganks. Try to blink up ledges or hide behind terrain to protect your mantra recharges
- Prioritize decapping empty enemy points, engaging in side point fights, and taking map objectives. This build is not suited towards holding mid
- When moving around the map with , wait for the Superspeed to fall off before executing the ambush skill in order to maximize distance traveled
Tips and Tricks
- Proper use of Desert Distortion is critical as is the only major defensive cooldown in the build
- Always try to create 3 illusions before shattering to create the maximum amount of
- s will activate Ambush abilities when picked up, try to wait out the cooldown before picking up your next mirror
- Pick up mirrors with greatsword when preparing for a burst or when maintaining distance is important
- Pick up mirrors with sword when attempting to shatter for boon strips or when fighting on point as will be cut short if the target walks through you
Dealing with Stability and Invulnerability
- Traits such as that pulse stability over an interval present a unique challenge to this build
- Boon stripping with shatters is generally not an effective way to deal with these types of traits as more stability will be reapplied shortly after
- Traits such as andoften are also taken on classes with access to pulsing stability
- Automatic and manual invulnerability effects will prevent you from downing your target with the initial burst combo
- When assisting teammates with burst, trigger the traits and abilities that provide stability or invulnerability then look for different objectives or targets
- Continue to pressure the same target if they can quickly be downed even under these traits
- When contesting points against these abilities, and Desert Distortion should be used to wait out stability
- Remember to take