Mirage - Shatter Mirage
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Designed for: WvW Roaming
A Power Mirage WvW roaming build that's all about pulling off massive bursts and pressuring targets through interrupts and smaller combos inbetween or just surviving until the main combo comes off CD.
- increases your sustain a little especially against conditions, but makes it harder to build clones for burst combos.
- increases both your damage and CC capabilities. This trait is especially useful on Sword where clones can interrupt targets/eat through multiple stacks of Stability and even proc .
- improves ambush skills. This more more relevant on Sword, the boon removal is quite good at softening up targets and the trait scales in value with . The tradeoff is less access to ambush attacks and slightly lower survivability.
The build has a more interrupt-heavy version where we replace Illusions with Dueling and take , but we have to give up some defense against conditions to do this. The idea is to use the combination of and to crank out more s and proc more often:
- Beginners can mix in a few additional Marauder stats pieces for more sustain (don't overdo it though), while more experienced players could even consider going full Berserker stats for higher burst potential.
- - a damage bonus that's easily maintained in most cases, but can be hard to get value out of when the enemy is playing defensively. Could offer higher damage modifier uptime than Fireowrks in exchange for less control over when it's going to be active.
- - bit better defense against conditions.
- - defensive relic with Mirage Cloak synergy.
- - ensures that your entire burst combo's going to crit.
- - the bit of quickness makes it harder to dodge your burst.
- - strong damage proc for extra burst.
- - stacking damage boost at the expense of sustain. Could replace either one of the sigils.
- - extra endurance is never bad on a spec that only has 1 dodge and the core mechanic is centered around it.
- or .
Elite specialization basics
- Dodge rolling is replaced by Mirage Cloak, which is more or less the same thing but allows you to cast skills and grants access to ambush attacks for its duration: for Sword and for Greatsword. Ambush skills replace the autoattack of the weapons for 1.5 seconds and can only be used once per Mirage Cloak activated.
- Pressing dodge removes conditions thanks to the trait .
- You can dodge while casting skills or stomping/rezing, but you can't dodge while CC'd.
- can be used to strip important boons such as Stability or Protection off targets before or during bursts. will primarily be used for this, but also works as a substitute for in your burst rotation when that's on cooldown. CoF deals much less damage than MW does, but it's better than nothing especially for finishing low HP enemies.
- There are several tools for stomping downed enemies including mirage cloak, stealth, and distortion.
- Ambush attacks on the two weapons fill different roles:
- provides excellent mobility both in and out of combat, but what truly makes it powerful are the trait synergies. The daze works with a bunch of traits on Domination, most notably which increases its damage significantly. Aside from doing damage or denying them healing for 15 seconds upon a successful interrupt of a healing skill, Mirage Thrust can also be used defensively for the Weakness. <
- is more of a filler. Good for ranged poking and setting up burst through Vulnerability and Might stacking.
- A defensive set that can be used for mobility both out of and in combat.
- Use the Sword ambush skill, for mobility. You can also use this skill for a minor burst combo: ⇒ ⇒ shatter.
- is mainly used as a defensive skill with a Distortion-like effect, but also offers decent cleave damage if the target has enough Vulnerability stacks.
- is a relatively powerful defensive skills because of the stealth and condition cleanse.
Optimal burst combo
Keep in mind that this is pretty much the perfect scenario, you'll often have to resort to shorter versions of this combo based on which parts are not on CD and whether the target has Stability or not.
Try to execute it as fast as you can, ideally in ~1 second. May take some practice to get it right.
- can be used for the Stealth and a bit of added damage - if you do this, then wait until the Stealth almost runs out before proceeding with the rest of the burst.
- Optional - dodge while doing your burst combo to avoid getting interrupted.
- Pre-cast , preferably in melee range in order to reduce the travel distance of the projectile and make the bounces go off faster and with better accuracy. Also to gain some extra Might stacks. This skill spawns a clone on the first hit.
- Daze your target with if possible, shortly before hits the target. If it's not available then other sources of daze such as will do just fine. When playing with and the Dueling variant it's your clone who's going to do the dazing - just dodge on sword and swap to GS for the right after.
- Optional - at your target right for a bit of extra damage, or to get rid of Aegis if the target has it.
- to shatter the clones. More damage in melee range because the caster too counts as a clone for shatter skills.
- for some extra damage.
- Optional - can be used right before or after the burst.
- Optional - Use a CC after the burst such as if the target isn't dead and tries to heal up.
Without any of the optional steps, just for clarity:
- (technically "before" Mirror Blade, as you need to use it before the projectile hits)
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium