Mirage - Shatter Mirage
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A Power Mirage WvW roamer that's all about pulling off massive bursts and pressuring targets through interrupts inbetween.
For the optional slot:
- Beginners can mix in a few additional Marauder pieces for more sustain (don't overdo it though), while more experienced players could even consider going full Berserker's for higher burst potential.
- - movement speed for solo roaming.
- over - makes it so that your burst takes a bit longer to land, but all the hits will be critical ones.
- - more cleansing.
- - stacking damage boost.
- Dodge rolling is replaced by Mirage Cloak, which is more or less the same thing but allows you to cast skills and grants access to ambush attacks for its duration: for Sword and for Greatsword. Ambush skills replace the autoattack of the weapons for 1.5 seconds and can only be used once per Mirage Cloak activated.
- Pressing dodge grants Superspeed, breaks stun, and removes a condition thanks to the trait .
- Dodging out of a CC effect will however completely halt your endurance regeneration for 3 seconds, so sometimes it's beneficial to just wait out the short duration, less dangerous ones instead of breaking out.
- can be used to strip important boons such as Stability or Protection off targets before or during bursts. will primarily be used for this, but also works as a substitute for in your burst rotation when that's on cooldown. CoF deals much less damage than MW does, but it's better than nothing especially for finishing low HP enemies.
- Channeling will reduce the cooldown of by 15 seconds.
- being an instant ranged CC, this mantra is easily the best CC in the build - if another CC can get the job done, use that and don't waste mantra charges.
- There are several tools for stomping downed enemies including mirage cloak, stealth, and distortion.
- Ambush attacks on the two weapons fill different roles:
- provides excellent mobility both in and out of combat, but what truly makes it powerful are the trait synergies. The daze works with a bunch of traits on Domination, most notably which increases its damage significantly. Aside from doing damage or denying them healing for 15 seconds upon a successful interrupt of a healing skill, Mirage Thrust can also be used defensively. An example: if you're stunned and choose to dodge, not only will you avoid incoming damage, but also summon a clone via , make that clone do its ambush attack through , and now this clone can interrupt your enemy whilst triggering for the Weakness potentially ruining their entire burst.
- is more of a filler. Good for ranged poking and setting up burst through Vulnerability and Might stacking.
- A defensive set that can be used for mobility both out of and in combat.
- Use the Sword ambush skill, for mobility. Wait for the Superspeed to fall off before executing the ambush skill in order to maximize distance traveled. You can also use this skill for a minor burst combo: ⇒ ⇒ shatter.
- is mainly used as a defensive skill with a Distortion-like effect, but also offers decent cleave damage if the target has enough Vulnerability stacks.
- is a relatively powerful defensive skills because of the stealth and condition cleanse.
Optimal burst combo
Keep in mind that this is pretty much the perfect scenario, you'll often have to resort to shorter versions of this combo based on which parts are not on CD and whether the target has Stability or not.
Try to execute it as fast as you can, ideally in ~1 second. May take some practice to get it right.
- can be used for the Stealth and a bit of added damage - if you do this, then wait until the Stealth almost runs out before proceeding with the rest of the burst.
- Optional - dodge while doing your burst combo to avoid getting interrupted.
- Pre-cast , preferably in melee range in order to reduce the travel distance of the projectile and make the bounces go off faster and with better accuracy. Also to gain some extra Might stacks. This skill spawns a clone on the first hit.
- Daze your target with (Mantra skill) if possible, shortly before hits the target. If it's not available then other sources of daze such as will do just fine. With it's your clone who's going to do the dazing - just dodge on sword and swap to GS for the right after.
- Optional - at your target right for a bit of extra damage, or to get rid of Aegis if the target has it.
- to shatter the clones. More damage in melee range because the caster too counts as a clone for shatter skills.
- for some extra damage.
- Optional - can be used right before or after the burst.
- Optional - Use a CC after the burst such as if the target isn't dead and tries to heal up.
Without any of the optional steps, just for clarity:
- (technically "before" Mirror Blade, as you need to use it before the projectile hits)