Necromancer - Core Condi Roamer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A condition based core Necromancer build for WvW roaming with proper sustain and decent pressure.
- sacrifices some damage and condition variety in general for better anti-CC.
Spite can replace Blood Magic for more pressure but lower sustain:
- trades a significant portion of your condition duration for more sustain and slightly higher burst damage.
- All of your marks are unblockable and generate Life Force.
- Both weapon sets have one unblockable hard-CC skill: on Scepter/Warhorn and on Staff. Use them to interrupt skills such as a Warrior's .
- Tip: enemy players who block Staff skills can work against themselves. Long duration blocks such as Shield Stance give you more than enough time to land crucial staff skills like with little to no risk of being avoided as blocking players normally don't dodge.
- Entering Shroud triggers . If you're CC'd and Blinded you can enter shroud, the Blind will make this trait miss, but will allow you to safely land a . If the target has Stability you can do this the other way around, cast Doom while Blinded to get rid of it and land Weakening Shroud, applying Weakness and potentially turning the Stability into Fear.
- - the frequent damage pulses are great for consuming Blind you may have.
- is one of your strongest skills, especially with . To make sure it lands you can try using on the target right before impact to deny them the chance of dodging.
- Most of the pressure comes from various sources of boon corruption and condition applications over time, this build isn't really about burst rotations (bar 1-2 combos).
- is one of the most important skills in the build - boon corruption, condition pressure, and resource management all rolled into one. Tr to use it with at least ~4 different conditions already on your target.
- is not only a great spike skill, but also a defensive one - thanks to the low cast time CB can be used to counterpressure targets. Someone's chasing you with Stability and Might stacks? Turn their boons against them, right into Fear and Weakness! It's also unblockable.
- Even just a two skill chain of ⇒ is alredy a decent burst combo, inflicting up to 6 different conditions and stripping at least 5 boons (potentially more with sigils).
- is potent, but hard to land as anyone could just walk right out of it. Your goal here is to make your enemy overcommit to staying inside the range of this AoE - drop it on downed enemies when their team is coming to revive them, or under yourself on low HP essentially acting as a bait.
Shroud burst rotation (in melee range this doubles as a defensive rotation):
- to proc
- just before Dark Path reaches the target
- The build has above average condition cleansing by Necromancer standards.
- Both entering and exiting shroud removes conditions thanks to and .
- (SW) is great for preventing condition pressure from ramping up on you. Activating its chain skill which "ends" Spectral Walk does not stop the cleansing. This skill has many uses, for example:
- Activate SW ⇒ jump off a cliff while being chased ⇒ when your enemies jump after you.
- Activate SW ⇒ (if using Flesh Wurm) ⇒ teleport back when they catch up to you. This works for stomping downed enemies as well, the channeling isn't interrupted by either of these teleports!
- Even at maximum health you may consider activating either Spectral skills before entering shroud. The added LF generation and sustain can prolong its duration significantly.
- is more of a last resort option that should only be used at or below ~50% HP and when other forms of cleansing/healing won't suffice.