Necromancer - Core Condition
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
A sturdy open world condition build for core necromancer. Since condition damage gear is not easy to acquire while levelling, we don't recommed this as a levelling build.
Condi necromancer drowns its enemies in Bleeding, Torment, and Burning, turning even more resilient as they afflict their enemies. They are also adept at removing or even corrupting boons on enemies, and feature a very unique playstyle of inflicting conditions on themselves only to immediatly transfer those conditions to their enemies.
This build can also be played with minions, though that greatly reduces its damage.
Compared to Build:Scourge - Condi Scourge, this build inflicts much less damage but has more upfront tankyness with core necromancer shroud and extra toughness from Death Magic Death's Carapace. It can either be played while working on unlocking scourge, or should the player prefer core necromancer.
Scepter is absolutely mandatory, and Dagger works great with it. For the other weapon set, you can use Staff for more utility, Warhorn for more Crowd Control, or (rarely) Focus if more boon removal is required.
The choice of heal skill is quite open. is good in this build, but if the self-inflicted Blinded from is too annoying you can consider other options:
- - good heal if you can stay inside the well
- - good heal but the passive effect can be annoying and keep you in combat for longer.
is absolutely fantastic and should never be replaced. is amazing to improve your AoE damage, but useless in single target situations, adapt accordingly. is a stun break but also removes conditions which is great. You can consider other alternatives:
- - mediocre damage but it destroys projectiles.
- - to pull enemies together to kill them easier. Also amazing at breaking defiance bars.
- - very situational, good against enemies that inflicts lots of conditions.
- - single target damage with the active skill.
- - mediocre damage but good life force generation with its active skill .
deals amazing damage, but you have to keep the enemy inside it.
- - low damage but good crowd control with its active skill
This build can also be played with minions, though doing so is a massive damage loss. We recommend to never go full minions and always keep
- for damage. Don't go full minions.
- / whichever you prefer, they are both equally bad. Minions for life force, or Fiend for very minor crowd control.
- - large loss of damage in exchange for a little healing.
- - good option when fighting trash mobs, though the minions might keep you in combat for longer.
If playing with minions, adjust your Death Magic traits accordingly.
- against bosses where is mostly useless.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required. This build uses gear similar to Build:Scourge_-_Condi_Scourge, making it ideal for general PVE.
- You can start with a cheaper attribute combination such as Rabid while working on acquiring the better but more expensive Viper gear. Likewise, you can use while working on crafting the runes.
- If you need more defense you can use Trailblazer.
- Players with access to Weaponmaster Training with the Secrets of the Obscure expansion should instead use Scepter+Torch and Pistol+Dagger, plus which can be activated with , , or .
Generally speaking, you want to use and off cooldown. Players with Weaponmaster Training will also want to use these skills off cooldown: , , , and . In you want to use , , and .
Note that only inflicts Torment if the enemy is already suffering from conditions, so delay the skill if necessary.
Use everytime you can transfer the self-inflicted conditions with , or , or .
Your sources of life force are nearby deaths and . Finish off enemies outside of shroud, since you don't gain life force from nearby deaths while inside shroud. Players with Weaponmaster Training also gain life force from , and .
Agains bosses and other durable enemies, it's a good idea to start the fight with this opener:
- Weapon swap
- Shroud autos until Tainted Shackles ends.
You want to enter and leave periodically to trigger . Death Shroud is mostly for defense so don't stay inside for long.
- Weaponmaster Training opener:
- (triggers )
- Weapon Swap
- (triggers )
- until Tainted Shackles ends.
- You're a fully ranged build, use that to your advantange. Never stop moving, sidestep and walk or dodge out of enemy attacks.
- You have a lot of toughness thanks to many traits in the Death Magic specialization.
- You have permanent Protection from and protection is improved to also reduce incoming condition damage thanks to .
- In extremely rare situations you can use to negate a oneshot or very high damage attack.
- can blind trash mobs.
- You take 33% reduced damage inside , consider it as a second health bar.
- Remove boons from your enemies to make them less dangerous. You can use or use if you need even more.
- If you desperately need sustain you can use at a damage loss.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium