Scourge - Condi Scourge
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Focused on: Condition damage
Condition Scourge is a slow and steady build that deals damage mainly through Torment and Bleeding. It is very sturdy thanks to its barriers and condition cleanses, and is extremely easy to play. The build can also have high sustain.
- Staff - low damage but can be taken instead of Warhorn to sacrifice CC for its utility.
- - strong group support if running Blood Magic, but less barriers.
- - even after several nerfs, it remains a really good option to do AoE damage.
- - destroys projectiles.
- - can replace Trail of Anguish to give up the Stability for life force generation.
- - boonstrip and damage
- - amazing condi transfer but beware of its passive when playing in groups.
- - great CC or pull to cleave trash mobs.
- - tanky CC buddy.
Minions provide extra bodies for defense but will drastically lower DPS. If taking minions, it is advised to keep and .
This still provides 3 minions, one of which has extremely high health and is good for CC.
- - trades a bit of damage for superb life force generation.
- - greatly nerfed with End of Dragons, but still provides decent sustain.
Death Magic can be taken if using the minion variant to trade a large amount of damage for an increase to minion health and personal defense.
Ascended gear is not required. You can use Exotic gear with the same stats.
This set uses gear that is similar to Build:Scourge_-_Utility_Condi_DPS, which makes it a great option for general PVE
- Superior Rune of the Nightmare offers the highest dps but has to be paired with , or you can use a instead of Torment.
- If you can afford the luxury of a gear set tailored for open world, use full Trailblazer. This trades 10-15% DPS for a massive increase to health and defense. You can also consider for even more defense at a slight damage loss.
- Celestial - lower damage than Viper's and Trailblazer's, less defense than Trailblazer's, but in exchange the healing power makes your barriers bigger. Generally not recommended as the points into ferocity are completely wasted, and the points into boon duration won't be doing much either since this build has very little access to boons, only a bit of fury and might. This set is also not useful for most content outside of open world.
- - use 5 of these + 1 black diamond to very closely mimic while you work on getting Nightmare runes.
- - less damage but more defense plus a pet.
- - slightly less DPS than Nighmare runes but permanent Regeneration.
- - defense
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions. Budget versions of these foods exist and are acceptable.
- - farming
- - budget DPS
- - defense
- (and variants) - farming
- , - dps
- - dps if using gear with high toughness
This build is extremely easy to deal damage with. Simply follow this priority list.
- Maintain 3 Sand Shades. They deal damage when cast with F1, and that same damage anytime you cast any F2-F5. Try to spread them around. You also gain
concentration and expertise from and defense from . F1 doesn't reset your auto attack chain.
- Use anytime you can transfer the self-inflicted conditions. The easiest way to do this is to cast Blood is Power and during its cast, to trigger , but any condi transfer will work.
- Use and off cooldown; try to use them together as they have the same cooldown. Interrupt your auto attack chain to cast them.
- Cast and any time they're off CD. Preferably, use Harrowing Wave when not at full life force for more value.
- Cast off-cooldown. This is your highest damage skill, so position it carefully. Don't overlap it with the Blood is Power and Desert Shroud combo, because Plague Sending only transfers 2 conditions.
A simple opener is as follows:
- (triggers to transfer the self-inflicted conditions from the 2 Blood is Power.)
From there, just use all your skills off cooldown following the priority. When using , liberally cast your F1-F5 skills for more damage (1 second cooldown).
- cleanses conditions, and can be used to transfer them in emergencies.
- If you have trouble surviving, you can trait .
- If you go down just use to get back up.
- - 1 second of Fear
- - 2 seconds of knockdown
- - 1 second of knockdown, but hits multiple times against big enemies.
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade