Reaper - Greatsword Roamer
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Focused on: Strike damage
Designed for: WvW Roaming
A bursty Power Reaper build for WvW roaming. Its sustain is rather low, but sometimes the best defense is a good offense.
For the optional slot:
- - better LF generation plus a stun break and defense against strike damage.
- - ranged CC which stops enemies from escaping, and even helps with LF management.
- - condition transfer with good range that could also snare enemies on a low CD.
- - protects against projectiles, significantly reduces the damage dealt by melee enemies and even has poison for healing reduction.
- Taking Staff over Greatsword is also a viable option, offering better ranger and more condition removal.
Swapping Curses with Soul Reaping is also a viable option. This version of the build has lower sustain, lower crit chance, but higher burst potential and better mobility (also makes passive movement speed runes somewhat unnecessary):
- - good offensive stats and passive mobility boost
- - passive mobility, offers a middleground between Surging and Durability.
- - improved mobility with but this synergy is very easily disrupted by boon removal. This relic works much better with the Soul Reaping variant which has .
- over - trades some defense against conditions for Quickness to make it easier to pull off either a or . Has synergy with Relic of Speed (if taken).
- - passive damage mitigation and great stats.
- - cheap precision bump with armor-ignoring damage procs that heal you.
- - active damage mitigation.
- - budget version
- or .
- Spectral skills are going to be the main Life Force (LF) builders
- Even at maximum LF you can consider using before entering . Both the Protection and the extra LF from incoming attacks are going to increase the time you'll be able to spend in shroud.
- Build Life Force by killing critters or any PvE mob before fighting players.
- There's more to (SW) than just being a stun breaker with a bit of LF management, this skill allows for quite a bit of creativity. For example:
- Activate SW ⇒ jump off a cliff while being chased ⇒ when your enemies jump after you.
- Activate SW ⇒ break line of sight ⇒ cast ⇒ teleport back at the very end of the channeling (this makes it harder to avoid and reduces the chance of getting interrupted, although the outcome is going to be a bit luck based).
- Activate SW ⇒ (if using Flesh Wurm) ⇒ teleport back when they catch up to you.
- has a very distinct animation which makes it easy to avoid, if you feel like that's going to happen then stow your weapon to cancel the channeling. This is also great for fake casting - you can use the skill, cancel it immediately with weapon stow (the whole animation will still play, potentially baiting out dodges or other defensive CDs), and send it only on a CD of 5 seconds.
- and are some of the best burst skills in the build, try to use them while the proc is active.
- Entering shroud acts as an instant defensive measure:
- Transfers conditions to enemies on your next attack via .
- Procs Lesser Enfeeble for Weakness from which strikes foes after a small delay. If Lesser Enfeeble connects it'll immediately transfer conditions with Plague Sending. This is a really powerful interaction that could save your life even if you're stunned, as shroud can be activated while sitting in a CC.
- Leaving shroud cleanses conditions through .
- Most of your burst comes from , where your damage is further increased by .
- Opening with is very common, as it helps getting your damage off uninterrupted while the damage reduction helps you stay in shroud longer.
- is the chain skill of this slot. This should only be used when either A) you need an emergency CC, or B) Infusing Terror is about to expire.
- should be used in the field created by for the Frost Aura whenever possible.
- should primarily be used on CC'd or downed targets (as Poison reduces the resurrection healing coming from their allies), but thanks to the permanent Quickness while in shroud this skill is now much easier to land without any real setup.
- 's a single target skill for the most part, as it only stuns one target. can Fear targets long enough to prevent enemies from dodging this skill.
- Use autoattacks when eveything else is on CD.
- is the only thing that justifies taking Greatsword, its strength is arguably on par with Well skills. Nightfall is fairly versatile and useful in many situations, especially when it comes to surviving vs melee players.
- The autoattack chain is just way too slow and will barely (if ever) be used.
- suffers from the same problem as the auto chain, but at least it hits way harder. This will mostly be used as a downed cleave skill when Shroud is on CD, but if you're feeling lucky you can try to use it for bursting in regular combat especially against bunkers. Much easier to land with some lingering Quickness from .
- is excellent for stacking some vulnerability/life force.
- is a decent CC but can be hard to land against moving targets.
- After unloading skills 3-5 spend most of your time in Reaper's Shroud waiting for weapon swap to come off CD.
Spectral Onslaught - the Conquest PvP version of this WvW roaming build.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium