Reaper - Greatsword Roamer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A high pressure Reaper WvW roamer.
For the optional slot:
- - ranged teleport and stun breaking, useful for disengaging or chasing down targets.
- - unblockable boon corruption.
- - ranged CC which stops enemies from escaping, and even helps with LF management.
- trades some vulnerability stacking for slightly higher sustain.
If you wish to be more tanky, drop Spite for Blood Magic:
- - if you're willing to sacrifice sustain for higher damage.
- - retains some of Durability's sustain and offers better mobility in combat.
- - budget version
- Spectral skills are going to be the main Life Force (LF) builders
- Even at maximum LF you can consider using before entering . Both the Protection and the extra LF from incoming attacks are going to increase the time you'll be able to spend in shroud.
- Build Life Force by killing critters or any other PvE mob while roaming.
- There's more to (SW) than just being a stun breaker with a bit of LF management, this skill allows for quite a bit of creativity. For example:
- Activate SW ⇒ jump off a cliff while being chased ⇒ when your enemies jump after you.
- Activate SW ⇒ break line of sight ⇒ cast ⇒ teleport back at the very end of the channeling (this makes it harder to avoid and reduces the chance of getting interrupted, although the outcome is going to be a bit luck based).
- Activate SW ⇒ (if using Flesh Wurm) ⇒ teleport back when they catch up to you.
- For mobility use the following sequence: (this also applies Swiftness from ) ⇒ just before Death's Charge finishes.
- has a very distinct animation which makes it easy to avoid, if you feel like that's going to happen then stow your weapon to cancel the channeling. This is also great for fake casting - you can use the skill, cancel it immediately with weapon stow (the whole animation will still play, potentially baiting out dodges or other defensive CDs), and send it only on a CD of 5 seconds.
- is one of the best burst skills in the build. Try to use it when you have a fair amount of Might stacks, Quickness, and peferably Vulnerability on the target. This is also the best skill to go with .
- Most of your burst comes from , where your damage is further increased by and .
- Opening with is very common, as it helps getting your damage off uninterrupted while the damage reduction helps you stay in shroud longer.
- is the chain skill of this slot. This should only be used when either A) you need an emergency CC, or B) Infusing Terror is about to expire.
- should be used in the field created by for the
- should primarily be used on CC'd or downed targets (as Poison reduces the resurrection healing coming from their allies), but thanks to the permanent Quickness while in shroud this skill is now much easier to land without any real setup.
- 's a single target skill for the most part, and one that's best used on low-HP targets. can Fear targets long enough to prevent enemies from dodging this skill.
- Use autoattacks when eveything else is on CD.
- is the only thing that justifies taking Greatsword, its strength is arguably on par with Well skills. Nightfall is fairly versatile and useful in many situations, especially when it comes to surviving vs melee players.
- The autoattack chain is just way too slow and will barely (if ever) be used.
- suffers from the same problem as the auto chain, but at least it hits way harder. This will mostly be used as a downed cleave skill when Shroud is on CD, but if you're feeling lucky you can try to use it for bursting in regular combat especially against bunkers. Much easier to land with some lingering Quickness from .
- is excellent for stacking some vulnerability/life force.
- is a decent CC but can be hard to land against moving targets.
- After unloading skills 3-5 spend most of your time in Reaper's Shroud waiting for weapon swap to come off CD.