Reaper - Spectral Onslaught
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A high damage PvP Power Reaper built around the recently buffed Reaper's Onslaught trait, augmented by spectral skills for proper Life Force management to decimate team fights.
For the optional slot:
- Summon Flesh Wurm - better kiting and vertical mobility.
- "Suffer!" - sustain vs conditions.
- Spectral Grasp - CC and Life Force management.
- Corrupt Boon - boon corruption.
- - if you'd like more Quickness uptime.
- - pure damage, zero utility.
- Spectral skills and Focus 4 are going to be the main Life Force (LF) builders, especially Spectral Armor.
- There's more to Spectral Walk (SW) than just being a stun breaker with a bit of LF management, this skill allows for quite a bit of creativity. For example:
- Activate SW ⇒ jump off a cliff while being chased ⇒ Spectral Recall when your enemies jump after you.
- Activate SW ⇒ break line of sight ⇒ cast "Chilled to the Bone!" ⇒ teleport back at the very end of the channeling (this makes it harder to avoid and reduces the chance of getting interrupted, although the outcome is going to be a bit luck based).
- Activate SW ⇒ Necrotic Traversal (if using Flesh Wurm) ⇒ teleport back when they catch up to you. This works for stomping downed enemies as well, the channeling isn't interrupted by either of these teleports!
- For mobility use the following sequence:
- "Chilled to the Bone!" has a very distinct animation which makes it easy to avoid, if you feel like that's going to happen then stow your weapon to cancel the channeling. This is also great for fake casting - you can use the skill, cancel it immediately with weapon stow (the whole animation will still play, potentially baiting out dodges or other defensive CDs), and send it only on a CD of 5 seconds.
- Ghastly Claws is one of the best burst skills in the build. Try to use it when you have a fair amount of Might stacks, Quickness, and peferably Vulnerability on the target.
- Most of your burst comes from Reaper's Shroud, where your damage is further increased by Death Perception and Reaper's Onslaught.
- Opening with Infusing Terror is very common, as it helps getting your damage off uninterrupted while the damage reduction helps you stay in shroud longer.
- Terrify is the chain skill of this slot. This should only be used when either A) you need an emergency CC, or B) Infusing Terror is about to expire.
- Death's Charge should be used in the field created by Executioner's Scythe for the
- Soul Spiral should primarily be used on CC'd or downed targets (as Poison reduces the resurrection healing coming from their allies), but thanks to the permanent Quickness while in shroud this skill is now much easier to land without any real setup.
- Executioner's Scythe's a single target skill for the most part, and one that's best used on low-HP targets. Terrify can Fear targets long enough to prevent enemies from dodging this skill.
- Use auto attacks when eveything else is on CD.
- Burst combo example: Death's Charge (gap closer with good impact damage) ⇒ Terrify ⇒ Executioner's Scythe ⇒ Soul Spiral
- Nightfall is the only thing that justifies taking Greatsword, its strength is arguably on par with Well skills. Nightfall is fairly versatile and useful in many sutations, especially when it comes to surviving vs melee players or 1v1ing on point (but that's not your main role).
- The auto attack chain is just way too slow and will barely (if ever) be used.
- Gravedigger suffers from the same problem as the auto chain, but at least it hits way harder. This will mostly be used as a downed cleave skill when Shroud is on CD, but if you're feeling lucky you can try to use it for bursting in regular combat especially against bunkers. Much easier to land with some lingering Quickness from Reaper's Onslaught.
- Death Spiral is excellent for stacking some vulnerability/life force.
- Grasping Darkness is a decent CC but can be hard to land against moving targets.
- After unloading skills 3-5 spend most of your time in Reaper's Shroud waiting for weapon swap to come off CD.