Reaper - Spectral Onslaught
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A high damage PvP Power Reaper built around the recently buffed Reaper's Onslaught trait, augmented by spectral skills for proper Life Force management to decimate teamfights.
- Some people prefer playing with Greatsword instead of Staff, giving up some utility for more burst and some protection vs melee via . Take on Soul Reaping.
For the optional slot:
- - stun break, defense against direct damage, and great Life Force generation.
- - area denial that can save your life and has nice synergy with (if taken).
- - sustain vs direct damage.
- - sustain vs conditions.
- - CC and Life Force management.
- - easy access to boon corruption.
- - a decent elite skill if you feel like you wouldn't be getting value out of your Lich due to things like AoE projectile denial being prevalent on the enemy team.
- is also a viable option, and highly recommended when playing with the shout heal or even just one utility shout.
- Spectral skills and Focus 4 are going to be the main Life Force (LF) builders, especially .
- Even at maximum LF you can consider using before entering . Both the Protection and the extra LF from incoming attacks are going to increase the time you'll be able to spend in shroud.
- Spam as much as you can if you're not at the Life Force cap.
- There's more to (SW) than just being a stun breaker with a bit of LF management, this skill allows for quite a bit of creativity. For example:
- Activate SW ⇒ jump off a cliff while being chased ⇒ when your enemies jump after you.
- Activate SW ⇒ break line of sight ⇒ cast ⇒ teleport back at the very end of the channeling (this makes it harder to avoid and reduces the chance of getting interrupted, although the outcome is going to be a bit luck based).
- Activate SW ⇒ (if using Flesh Wurm) ⇒ teleport back when they catch up to you. This works for stomping downed enemies as well, the channeling isn't interrupted by either of these teleports!
- For mobility use the following sequence:
- applies Swiftness from
- just before Death's Charge finishes (the ending of DC brings your character to a halt, which can be cancelled by dropping out of shroud early)
- has a very distinct animation which makes it easy to avoid, if you feel like that's going to happen then stow your weapon to cancel the channeling. This is also great for fake casting - you can use the skill, cancel it immediately with weapon stow (the whole animation will still play, potentially baiting out dodges or other defensive CDs), and send it only on a CD of 5 seconds.
- is one of the best burst skills in the build. Try to use it when you have a fair amount of Might stacks, Quickness, and peferably Vulnerability on the target.
- Most of your burst comes from , where your damage is further increased by and .
- Opening with is very common, as it helps getting your damage off uninterrupted while the damage reduction helps you stay in shroud longer.
- is the chain skill of this slot. This should only be used when either A) you need an emergency CC, or B) Infusing Terror is about to expire.
- should be used in the field created by for the
- should primarily be used on CC'd or downed targets (as Poison reduces the resurrection healing coming from their allies), but thanks to the permanent Quickness while in shroud this skill is now much easier to land without any real setup.
- 's a single target skill for the most part, and one that's best used on low-HP targets. can Fear targets long enough to prevent enemies from dodging this skill.
- Use auto attacks when eveything else is on CD.
- Burst combo example: Death's Charge (gap closer with good impact damage) ⇒ Terrify ⇒ Executioner's Scythe ⇒ Soul Spiral
- is the only thing that justifies taking Greatsword, its strength is arguably on par with Well skills. Nightfall is fairly versatile and useful in many sutations, especially when it comes to surviving vs melee players or 1v1ing on point (but that's not your main role).
- The auto attack chain is just way too slow and will barely (if ever) be used.
- suffers from the same problem as the auto chain, but at least it hits way harder. This will mostly be used as a downed cleave skill when Shroud is on CD, but if you're feeling lucky you can try to use it for bursting in regular combat especially against bunkers. Much easier to land with some lingering Quickness from .
- is excellent for stacking some vulnerability/life force.
- is a decent CC but can be hard to land against moving targets.
- After unloading skills 3-5 spend most of your time in Reaper's Shroud waiting for weapon swap to come off CD.