Reaper - Power Greatsword
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Skill Bar
- 3 Specializations
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Consumables
- 6 Usage
This is a high-damage, bursty build with high self sufficiency and cleave damage. It is an excellent pick for farming open world and is relatively simple to play.
- Easy to play
- Very high damage
- Perfect Edgy Aesthetics
- Spinning increases DPS
This build's biggest weaknesses are poor sustain and reliance on life force. Due to the Shroud mechanic, this is an inherent flaw with the class itself and something players will have to work around when attempting harder content.
- Staff - ranged cleave
- Focus - defense and life force generation
- Dagger (offhand) - condition cleanse
- Dagger (mainhand) - poor DPS but increases life force generation
- - condi cleanse
- - DPS option to replace if taking
- - more condition cleanse & chill
- - destroys projectiles.
- - pulls in mobs
- - more life force generation
- - might and stunbreak
- - minion with decent DPS
- - tanky CC buddy
Minions can provide extra bodies for defense, though their damage is very low.
- - combine with Can't find such skill "Vampirism Signet"! Please refer to our skill index., , and for a strong signet build
- Can't find such trait "Decimate Defense"! Please refer to our trait index - useful with certain gear combos, see gear variants below
- - better Vulnerability uptime
When zerging, this variant can replace Soul Reaping to provide extra sustain to allies, downstate control, and defense.
- if running or if healers are nearby.
If using several minions, Death Magic can replace Spite for a boost to defense, though this will drastically lower DPS. If using this, it is best to also take in Reaper.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; exotic gear with the same stats is fine.
This set uses gear similar to that of Reaper - Power DPS. This makes it a good option for general PVE.
This set trades 6-7% DPS for a +30% boost to health. This provides higher uptime in .
This variant provides enough crit chance to hit exactly 100% while in shroud with and , then fills the rest with defensive gear. This boosts defense and provides more life force.
- - provides extra Fury uptime and slightly higher burst damage than
- - if at 100% crit chance without runes, these provide the highest DPS of any rune set
- - similar to but provide extra crit chance and lower burst
- , , , - defensive options
- - budget dps
- , - defensive options
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- , , - general farming
- This food assists with more difficult content, such as bosses or bounties. Ascended versions of these are available and should be used when possible.
- - permanent Fury when farming trash or with a zerg
- - extreme sustain when farming trash or with a zerg
- - a huge boost to damage whenf arming trash or in a zerg
- , - DPS food
- , - Defense and Might
- - Lifesteal
- , , - Damage Reduction Food
- , - Damage
This build's damage focuses on to get a powerful modifier against chilled foes. To do this, chill must be applied frequently. If taking , any chill will also apply Vulnerability. The following skills apply chill:
- - one of the primary sources of chill; use this any time its available
- , - if running them, these skills apply chill in a large area.
- - this skill is usually used as an opener due to its pull, but it also applies chill to anything it hits!
- - the final hit of the greatsword auto-chain, this skill is essential to the build during shroud downtime
- - applies chill in a large area and places an ice field.
- , - if used in an ice field, these can create Chilling Bolts, which apply chill when they hit a target; if used inside a target's hitbox, this can apply a considerable amount of chill very quickly.
- - applies chill to any enemy feared, with no cooldown; this means will apply chill!
- If running Focus: - applies some chill
This build has many powerful damage skills in its kit. In general, the aim is to apply chill and then immediately follow it up with damage. This build applies considerable chill during its damage rotation as well. A general opening rotation is as follows:
- if more life force is needed
- x3 while waiting for to disappear
- make sure to spin in a chill field; dark fields are acceptable but a slight DPS loss
- Fill with shroud autos; do not interrupt shroud auto-chain for any reason.
From there, just use greatsword skills off cooldown until shroud is back up and life force is above 50%. If running axe on swap, swap to axe if life force has empty space and hit just before entering shroud for a quick boost to life force.
- As a general rule of thumb, always try to use inside the chill field created by . Remember that the game prioritizes the oldest field, not the newest, in the event of overlaps. If needed, use in a Dark or Fire field instead; this will be a small DPS loss.
- Against bosses with a breakbar, it is generally worth holding onto big damage skills like and until the enemy bar breaks. Since the build applies so much chill and has considerable CC, it frequently breaks bars on its own. Once the bar is broken and the boss has the Exposed debuff, unload big-hitters for a large damage increase.
- * - When dealing with groups of mobs, spam against them once one gets to 50% HP to deal some decent area damage.
- Remember that players can always sidestep and walk or dodge out of enemy attacks. Not taking damage is always the better option because it conserves life force.
- Stack blind, chill, and weakness on enemies to mitigate most of their damage.
- If taking a lot of damage, it is possibel to use as a second health bar. in shroud helps with damage mitigation.
- Use to cleanse conditions. If more is needed, run or bring a dagger offhand for .
- If downed, just use to get back up.