Reaper - Power Greatsword
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- The standard power reaper build for open world. This is a versatile build which excels in both solo play and event farming. It deals moderate damage has a great deal of innate survivability from .
- The Minion Variant uses Minions to provide additional survivability at the cost of raw damage and utility.
- Skillbar: , , , , ,
- When using the Minion Variant, be sure to consult the Traits below.
- Use main hand Dagger for a small heal from .
- Use offhand Dagger for more condition cleanse.
- Use Focus if you need to remove enemy boons.
- You can carry a Staff for tagging mobs in open world farming.
- Healing Skills
- - if you don’t need condition cleanse.
- - if running Blood Magic.
- Utility Skills
- - more condition cleanse.
- - a minion that distracts enemies, deals decent damage, blinds, and chills.
- - pulls enemies, chills, and generates life force.
- - if having trouble surviving.
- - destroys projectiles.
- - if not running shouts.
- When using the Minion Variant above, you should swap Soul Reaping for Death Magic.
Blood Magic Variant
- If there are nearby allies, you can run Blood Magic instead of Soul Reaping. This is a damage loss but makes you quite good at healing and reviving allies. If you do this, run .
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- Marauder gear is ideal for power reaper.
- You can use for more upfront burst at the cost of overall DPS.
- Berserker's gear offers a slight damage boost at a huge cost in survivability.
- provides insane sustain for Events, but is terrible for solo play.
- is a powerful defensive option, but you will lose a significant amount of damage.
- Standard - or+ Can't find such utility "Tin of Fruit Cake"! Please refer to our utility index.
- Budget - + Can't find such utility "Tin of Fruit Cake"! Please refer to our utility index.
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain (requires crit chance)
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- ,,- general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- is an insane damage boost. Go into it any time you have life force for permanent Quickness and extremely high AoE damage.
- Never interrupt your shroud autoattack chain.
- , , and are your highest damage skills. Fight in melee and use these skills to rack up dead bodies.
- Once your burst damage skills are exhausted, you should fall back on , your bread and butter damage skill. Use it as often as possible, and look for opportunities to reset it by hitting enemies under 50% health.
- When , and are all unavailable, just camp in greatsword and press all your buttons.
- Axe/warhorn deals poor sustained damage but provides and , two high-damage skills. You can open with these skills before swapping to greatsword. You can also swap to axe/warhorn and use these skills before and after .
- If you don't need a stun break, you can use off cooldown for might.
- Remember that you can always sidestep and walk or dodge out of enemy attacks. Not taking damage is always the better option because it lets you conserve life force (and maintain your bonus if applicable).
- You can stack blind, chill, and weakness on enemies to mitigate most of their damage.
- If you're taking a lot of damage you can use as a second health bar. in shroud helps with damage mitigation.
- Use to cleanse conditions. If you need more condition cleanse run or bring a dagger offhand for .
- If you go down just use to get back up.
- Your minions typically draw threat from most enemies and do a good job of tanking for you.
- is a strong defensive skill.
- provides significant sustained healing.
- offers condition cleanse.