Reaper - Power Greatsword
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Skill Bar
- 3 Specializations
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Consumables
- 6 Usage
Power Reaper is an easy build with very high burst that excels at defeating groups of mobs. It is strong in low-pressure open world situations such as solo farming, meta events, and story instances. It lacks adequate sustain to be considered a solo build, and in high-pressure situations it performs poorly due to poor shroud uptime. Overall, it is a reliable build with very high damage that is easy to pick up, even for new players.
- Easy to play
- Very high damage
- Perfect Edgy Aesthetics
- Spinning increases DPS
- Poor sustain, since it can't be healed in shroud
- Gets demolished by high-damage bosses due to shroud uptime being cut.
- Greatsword - The primary DPS weapon; stick to this most of the time
- Staff - A ranged weapon with decent area damage
- Axe - A ranged weapon with decent single-target damage but poor cleave
- Focus - A moderately defensive offhand
- Warhorn - An offhand with good CC
- Offhand Dagger - Provides condi cleanse
- Mainhand Dagger - A generally poor melee weapon that provides some life force generation but deals minimal DPS
- Healing Skills
- - strong heal that siphons life and grants extra life force
- - if condi cleanse is needed
- Utility Skills
- - provides high vuln uptime for when chill uptime is low; ideal for zerging with a staff
- - provides high vuln and chill uptime
- - more condition cleanse & chill
- - destroys projectiles.
- - pulls in mobs
- - more life force generation
- - might and stunbreak
- - minion with decent DPS
- Elite Skills
- - Strong alternative to flesh golem for maintaining chill uptime.
- - tanky CC buddy
- - helps provide quickness uptime after exiting shroud; if taking this, use just before exiting shroud
- - provides extremely high crit chance; consult the Decimation variant below
When zerging, this variant can replace Soul Reaping to provide extra sustain to allies, downstate control, and defense.
- if running or if healers are nearby.
If looking to play the Minion variant of this build, consult Reaper - Power Minion Master
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; exotic gear with the same stats is fine.
This variant deals the highest damage compared to other variants, but provides no additional defense. It hits 100% crit chance while in shroud with this gear.
This variant deals slightly less damage than the Standard, but provides a 30% increase to hit points, which also grants a larger lifepool in shroud.
This variant provides enough crit chance to hit exactly 100% while in shroud with and , then fills the rest with defensive gear. This boosts defense and provides more life force.
Notes on Crit Chance
Fine-tuning crit chance is a big deal with power reaper. For this reason, if even slightly different gear is used, it's recommended to check crit chance and ensure overcapping does not occur. The goal should always be to reach 100% crit chance while boosting power and ferocity, though boosting power very high in lieu of crit chance (such as with Berserker's gear) is also acceptable.
- Berserker's - glass cannon DPS with high power
- Assassin's - glass cannon gear; use for fine-tuning crit chance
- Valkyrie - provides extra HP; use for fine-tuning crit cchance
- Marauder - slightly less DPS than Berserker's but with a much larger health pool
- Soldier , Knight's - defensive gear options; not typically needed but can help slow the game down if needed
Note that two of the variants above use runes to reach their desired precision breakpoints; if swapping runes, re-calculate these breakpoints.
- - provides extra Fury uptime and slightly higher burst damage than
- - if at 100% crit chance without runes, these provide the highest DPS of any rune set
- - similar to but provide extra crit chance and lower burst
- , - moderately effective budget runes; generally not recommended
- , , , - defensive options
- - highest DPS increase
- - extra burst and provides higher Chill uptime
- , - higher burst
- - more consistent Might while targets are above 50% HP
- , - defensive options
- This food assists with more difficult content, such as bosses or bounties.
- , - Defense/Damage
- , - Damage
- - Damage
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - general farming
- - maxing magic find
- - more sustain (requires crit chance)
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- , , - general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
This build's damage focuses aroudn proc'ing the trait to get a powerful modifier against chilled foes. To do this, we need to apply chill frequently. Additionally, any time we apply chill we also apply Vulnerability. The following skills apply chill:
- - one of the primary sources of chill; use this any time its available
- , - if running them, these skills apply chill in a large area.
- - this skill is usually used as an opener due to its pull, but it also applies chill to anything it hits!
- - the final hit of the greatsword auto-chain, this skill is essential to the build during shroud downtime
- - applies chill in a large area and places an ice field.
- , - if used in an ice field, these can create Chilling Bolts, which apply chill when they hit a target; if used inside a target's hitbox, this can apply a considerable amount of chill very quickly.
- - applies chill to any enemy feared, with no cooldown; this means will apply chill!
- If running Focus: - applies some chill
This build has many powerful damage skills in its kit. In general, the aim is to apply chill and then immediately follow it up with damage. This build applies considerable chill during its damage rotation as well. A general opening rotation is as follows:
- if more life force is needed
- x3 while waiting for to disappear
- make sure to spin in a chill field; dark fields are acceptable but a slight DPS loss
- Fill with shroud autos; do not interrupt shroud auto-chain for any reason.
From there, just use greatsword skills off cooldown until shroud is back up and life force is above 50%. If running axe on swap, swap to axe if life force has empty space and hit just before entering shroud for a quick boost to life force.
- As a general rule of thumb, always try to use inside the chill field created by . Remember that the game prioritizes the oldest field, not the newest, in the event of overlaps. If needed, use in a Dark or Fire field instead; this will be a small DPS loss.
- Against bosses with a breakbar, it is generally worth holding onto big damage skills like and until the enemy bar breaks. Since the build applies so much chill and has considerable CC, it frequently breaks bars on its own. Once the bar is broken and the boss has the Exposed debuff, unload big-hitters for a large damage increase.
- * - When dealing with groups of mobs, spam against them once one gets to 50% HP to deal some decent area damage.
- Remember that players can always sidestep and walk or dodge out of enemy attacks. Not taking damage is always the better option because it conserves life force.
- Stack blind, chill, and weakness on enemies to mitigate most of their damage.
- If taking a lot of damage, it is possibel to use as a second health bar. in shroud helps with damage mitigation.
- Use to cleanse conditions. If more is needed, run or bring a dagger offhand for .
- If downed, just use to get back up.