Reaper - Power Greatsword
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Focused on: Strike damage
Power reaper is a high damage build with great burst and AoE. It is resilient, and very self-reliant. It maintains a lot of Might, and is one of the most reliable open world builds.
- Staff - ranged AoE damage for tagging in groups.
- - works great when hitting multiple targets.
- - condi cleanse.
- - DPS option to replace when there's no need to pull mobs.
- - transfers conditions and chills.
- - destroys projectiles.
- - defense and life force generation.
- - might and stunbreak
- - minion with decent DPS
- - excellent mix of damage and defense.
- - tanky CC pet.
- - burst damage. Use skill 4 and end it.
Minions can provide extra bodies for defense, though their damage is very low. This should be run with the Death Magic // Minion variant below.
- - it is usually better to run instead.
- - combine with , , and to sacrifice strong area damage for a low intensity playstyle. You can spam Locus and Vampirism as they will recharge quickly while in Shroud.
- - when running multiple shouts.
Death Magic / Minions
If using several minions, Death Magic can replace Spite for a boost to defense, though this will drastically lower DPS. If using this, it is best to also take in Reaper.
Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; exotic gear with the same stats is fine.
This set uses gear similar to that of Build:Reaper_-_Power_DPS. This makes it a good option for general PVE.
- Knight - defensive trinkets for increased defense
- Valkyrie - use with for a build with extremely high HP (and thus shroud uptime) while maintaining moderate DPS
- - budget DPS
- - budget dps
- - offers higher Chill uptime and an AOE damage proc
- - defensive options
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions. Budget versions of these foods exist and are acceptable.
- - farming
- , - DPS
- - defense
- (and variants) - farming
- , - dps
This build's damage focuses on to get a powerful modifier against chilled foes. The following skills apply chill:
- - one of the primary sources of chill, used at the start of the combo.
- , - if running them, these skills apply chill in a large area.
- - this skill is usually used as an opener due to its pull, and it also chills.
- - the final hit of the greatsword auto-chain, this skill is essential to the build during shroud downtime.
- - applies chill in a large area and places an ice field.
- , - if used in an ice field, these can create Chilling Bolts, which apply chill when they hit a target; if used inside a target's hitbox, this can apply a considerable amount of chill very quickly.
- - applies chill to any enemy feared, with no cooldown; this means will apply chill.
Most of the damage comes from Reaper's Shroud thanks to and together with the aforementioned . As such, the general idea is to chill your enemy and have your pulsing skills dealing damage while you are in Shroud. A general rotation goes as follows:
- has a long casting animation, you can enter Reaper's Shroud inmediatly after casting to skip it.
- (consider casting for Stablity to ensure you do not get interrupted during your high damage Reaper's Shroud).
- inside your wells to make use of the whirl finisher.
- x5. Do not interrupt Shroud autos to benefit from .
If the enemy is below 50% HP, keep spamming Gravedigger. Otherwise, cast greatsword autos. When your wells come off cooldown, start again from step 1.
If your life force is low, use after step 4 to generate some life force, use it again after exiting Shroud on step 8, then continue with greatsword.
- Make sure your target is chilled before unleashing your high damage and Shroud autos. If following the rotation, your will cover that, otherwise use before spinning.
- Against bosses with a Defiance Bar or breakbar, it is generally worth delaying the rotation until the bar breaks. Consider opening with then . When the bar is almost broken, cast your wells and Nightfall and enter Shroud. If needed, finish off the bar with . Then do your Shroud rotation.
- When dealing with groups of mobs, remember will reset if at least one of them is below 50% HP. Cleave them all.
- You do not gain life force from nearby deaths while inside Shroud. Try to finish off your enemies outside of Reaper's Shroud to replenish your life force.
- Sidestep and walk or dodge out of enemy attacks.
- Stack blind, chill, and weakness on trash mobs to negate their damage.
- is as a second health bar and has a natural 33% damage redution. further reduces damage taken.
- Use to cleanse conditions. If more is needed, run or bring a dagger offhand for .
- If downed, just use to get back up.
- - pull.
- - 2 seconds daze.
- - 1 second knockdown but can hit big enemies multiple times.
- ⇒ - 1 second fear.
- - 1,5 seconds stun.
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade