Renegade - Condi Renegade
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Focused on: Condition damage
Condition Renegade combines high sustained DPS, defense, and a jack-of-all-trades toolkit that allows for a level of versatility only a handful of other builds can mimic.
- Offhand Sword - a power weapon but offers an extremely powerful skill in
- Staff - only useful as a reliable CC and block weapon
Revenant in general is a class with a large toolkit. Part of learning the class is learning which tools to use for which situation. Review the options below:
- - highest condi DPS option
- - provides very high vuln application, sustain, and CC; our bread and butter on Renegade
- - Provides condi clear, projectile hate, and very high healing.
- - Strike-based legend that can be useful when using Viper or Celestial gear.
- - Provide large amounts of defense and CC.
- - condi clear
Invocation provides more utility over Devastation or Corruption but sacrifices both damage and sustain; for this reason it is only recommended when running variants that focus on providing Alacrity or Might to allies via and .
- - condi clear
- - provides a number of valuable abilities that trigger when you change legends; especially valuable if using Shiro or Jalis.
- - additional boons
- - a small increase to sustain
Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats. This set uses gear that is very similar to Build:Renegade_-_Condi_DPS, making it excellent for general PVE
- Trailblazer - strong defense option
- Celestial - ally support; good for defensive trinkets
- / + 1 black diamond - alternative DPS runes
- - defensive sigil
Due to the frequency of interrupts when using , Renegade can make excellent use of interrupt sigils, such as . This can be very powerful against groups of trash mobs, though it loses effectiveness against anything with a defiance bar. We're listing the interrupt sigils here, separate from the normal sigils, because in situations where you aren't frequently fighting defiant foes they are typically stronger than what's listed above.
- - for condition builds, this is the strongest of the Interrupt sigils to use by far and offers higher DPS and sustain against groups of enemies than any other sigil, provided the enemies are not Defiant.
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions. Budget versions of these foods exist and are acceptable.
- - farming
- - DPS
- - defense
- (and variants) - farming
- , - dps
- - dps if using gear with high toughness
Legend Breakdown: Damage & General Use
Two big pieces of general advice here:
- Swap legends often, typically off cooldown.
- Try not to interrupt your auto-attack chain if possible.
Other than that, you can spam weapon skills and use your utilities appropriately as outlined below:
- is a massive AOE heal. Abuse it.
- provides very high CC and is a great stunbreak. Can also provide sustain/damage via if equipped.
- - we'll mostly be ignoring this skill but if you can hit allies with it, it's decent for DPS.
- - we don't talk about this.
- - This is it. Our bread and butter. Iceyboy here applies a ton of Vulnerability for us very quickly. This is already great, as Vuln increases our damage, but with the traits we picked above it will trigger and rapidly stack Battle Scars for us. We can then spend these by landing a hit, which steals some health from our target and gives it to us.
This both increases our damage and makes us nearly immortal so long as we don't get CC'd. Your goal in Kalla is to use off cooldown while assessing the need for other skills.
- Shiro is our power DPS legend and is incredibly simple to use. Turn on until you run out of energy. Hit things.
- At first blush Jalis may not seem like much, but he's likely the most powerful legend in Rev's kit for most solo play. A few big things to note:
- is a huge amount of CC
- and provide a LOT of damage reduction.
- deal decent damage and provide some healing
- is a good stability source.
Generally with Jalis, you want to assess if the threat warrants a . If not, wear the target down with and (if it has a breakbar).
While in Mallyx, it's often best to simply activate and let it run out. You can use to break stun or give yourself a break from conditions, and is a short-range leap which can group enemies up for you to burst down.
- Our old friend Ventari is the worst of the legends for general play but you'll be happy he's there when you really need him. Ventari has two major components to remember:
- is a long-duration, low-upkeep dome of projectile hate. This skill trivializes content that relies heavily on projectiles, such as Carin in Bastion of the Penitent or the Champion Commander Razorwing. It does eventually expire, but it lasts quite a long time. Try to conserve energy while its up so you don't run out too fast.
- is a spammable condition cleanse in an AOE. This is fantastic for random open world zergs.
This build relies on fast application of Vulnerability, Torment, and quick consumption of your Battlescars for damage and sustain. Because of energy management, there is no set rotation which you should follow, but rather a priority of skills. This also varies based on your current Legend and Weapon.
- - our highest DPS skill which also doubles as our primary source of sustain
- - in Mallyx, keep this up at all times
- - in Shiro, keep this skill up at all times; activate just before this skill for massive damage.
- - this skill does a small amount of damage but will stun enemies; this helps to very quickly eat through breakbars and keep enemies in place to ensure higher Torment damage.
- - while energy intensive, against groups or Large-hitbox enemies, this skill is our highest DPS ability; avoid using it if using the Tormenting variant with Mallyx.
- - one of our highest DPS skills
- - takes this place with a shortbow; applies significant torment
- - use this in your fire fields for might; applies considerable torment
- - spammable bleeds
- - applies a large amount of torment and some CC
- - strong AOE
- - expensive to use, but provides good CC.
- Your Battle Scars from Devastation provide you with incredibly high sustain.
- Swapping legends transfers conditions if using
- / - useful for difficult solos where condition pressure is low.
- grants Resistance and breaks stun
- is a long-duration projectile block
- removes conditions
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade