Renegade - Condi Renegade
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Skill Bar
- 3 Specializations
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Consumables
- 6 Usage
- 7 Video Examples
Condition Renegade is arguably the most powerful solo build in the game, boasting the highest sustain in the game alongside extremely high DPS, defense, and a jack-of-all-trades toolkit that allows for a level of versatility only a handful of other builds can mimic.
- Absurd levels of sustain
- Fairly easy to play
- Reliable ranged damage options
- Rediculously versatile
- Gear is expensive
- Lacks any real way to deal with conditions thanks to the Resistance changes
- Mace - our primary DPS weapon, also provides us with considerable sustain when running
- Axe - a great offhand with CC and Torment application
- Mainhand Sword - primarily a power weapon, but has high Vulnerability application so is sometimes useful for the Viper's and Celestial variants; should be avoided in the Trailblazer's variant.
- Offhand Sword - a power weapon but offers an extremely powerful skill in
- Shortbow - our best ranged option and offers very high DPS
- Staff - only useful as a reliable CC and block weapon
- Hammer - avoid
Revenant in general is a class with a large toolkit. Part of learning the class is learning which tools to use for which situation. Review the options below:
- - Provides very high sustain when combined with ; also the highest condi DPS option
- - provides very high vuln application, sustain, and CC; our bread and butter on Renegade
- - Provides condi clear, projectile hate, and very high healing.
- - Strike-based legend that can be useful when using Viper's or Celestial gear.
- - Provide large amounts of defense and CC.
- - condi clear
- - works well if using mainhand sword in the Viper's / Celestial variants
- - nice DPS boost for allies
Invocation provides very high might and fury uptime which is very strong when running Viper's and Celstial gear.
- offers smoother energy management, which can result in higher DPS depending on your playstyle.
- - condi clear
- - provides a number of valuable abilities that trigger when you change legends; especially valuable if using Shiro or Jalis.
- - additional boons
- - a small increase to sustain
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- Viper Equipment is better for the vast majority of open world farming due to its higher burst. Due to Renegade's extremely high sustain, Viper is often the best option.
Cele gear offers a good midpoint between Trailblazer and Viper. It has higher sustain than viper, good defense, and maintains relatively high DPS and damage.
- Trailblazer gear offers much higher defense at the cost of burst and DPS. This variant is more useful for soloing extremely difficult content, such as legendary bounties.
Due to the frequency of our interrupts when using , Renegade can make excellent use of interrupt sigils, such as . This can be very powerful against groups of trash mobs, though it loses effectiveness against anything with a defiance bar. We're listing the interrupt sigils here, separate from the normal sigils, because in situations where you aren't frequently fighting defiant foes they are typically stronger than what's listed above.
- - for condition builds, this is the strongest of the Interrupt sigils to use by far and offers higher DPS and sustain against groups of enemies than any other sigil, provided the enemies are not Defiant.
- Viper's - the highest DPS option
- Trailblazer's - the highest defense option; keeps most of your damage compared to Viper's
- Celestial - a good middle ground option that has similar burst to Viper's with slightly lower DPS and more defense
- Budget Options - if looking for a budget version of this build, it is recommended to use the power renegade variant instead.
- - highest DPS option
- - the highest sustain rune by far; combine with Mallyx to become basically unkillable
- - very strong DPS rune
- , - hybrid DPS runes; higher burst in exchange for lower DPS
- - viable rune for the Celestial variant
- , Can't find such rune "Superior Rune of the Sanctuary"! Please refer to our rune index. - more defense if needed
- - highest dps
- , - defensive options
- - can use on mainhand sword if using the Viper's or Celestial variants to tilt the build more towards power damage, which helps with burst against trash
- , - high DPS sigils
- - very high area damage, but expensive.
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain (requires crit chance)
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- , , - general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- - high sustain
- - higher damage
- - Dodges, might
- - damage utility
Legend Breakdown: Damage & General Use
Two big pieces of general advice here:
- Swap legends often, typically off cooldown.
- Try not to interrupt your auto-attack chain if possible.
Other than that, you can spam weapon skills and use your utilities appropriately as outlined below:
- Kalla is angry, and now with the power of believing you can be angry too. Kalla is what makes this build work, she's like a sticky glue made out of charr bits and rage. There's a lot to unpack here, so follow along:
- is a massive AOE heal. Abuse it.
- provides very high CC and is a great stunbreak.
- - we'll mostly be ignoring this skill but if you can hit allies with it, it's decent for DPS.
- - we don't talk about this.
- - This is it. Our bread and butter. Iceyboy here applies a ton of Vulnerability for us very quickly. This is already great, as Vuln increases our damage, but with the traits we picked above it will trigger and rapidly stack Battle Scars for us. We can then spend these by landing a hit, which steals some health from our target and gives it to us.
This both increases our damage and makes us nearly immortal so long as we don't get CC'd. Your goal in Kalla is to use off cooldown while assessing the need for other skills.
- Shiro is our power DPS legend and is incredibly simple to use. Turn on until you run out of energy. Hit things.
- At first blush Jalis may not seem like much, but he's likely the most powerful legend in Rev's kit for most solo play. A few big things to note:
- is a huge amount of CC
- and provide a LOT of damage reduction.
- deal decent damage and provide some healing
- is a good stability source.
Generally with Jalis, you want to assess if the threat warrants a . If not, wear the target down with and (if it has a breakbar).
- Mallyx is our edgy spec and is the best option for heavy condition pressure, both in and out. As a bonus, it gets a phenomenal combo we'll talk about later that provides some of the highest sustain in the game.
While in Mallyx, it's often best to simply activate and let it run out. You can use to break stun or give yourself a break from conditions, and is a short-range leap which can group enemies up for you to burst down.
If running , your will heal you for absolutely absurd amounts of health. Seriously. No, like really. Just try it. Its hilarious, we promise.
- Our old friend Ventari is the worst of the legends for general play but you'll be happy he's there when you really need him. Ventari has two major components to remember:
- is a long-duration, low-upkeep dome of projectile hate. This skill trivializes content that relies heavily on projectiles, such as Carin in Bastion of the Penitent or the Champion Commander Razorwing. It does eventually expire, but it lasts quite a long time. Try to conserve energy while its up so you don't run out too fast.
- is a spammable condition cleanse in an AOE. This is fantastic for random open world zergs.
That's about it with Ventari. He's pretty straightforward.
This build relies on fast application of Vulnerability, Torment, and quick consumption of your Battlescars for damage and sustain. Because of energy management, there is no set rotation which you should follow, but rather a priority of skills. This also varies based on your current Legend and Weapon.
- - our highest DPS skill which also doubles as our primary source of sustain
- - in Mallyx, keep this up at all times
- - in Shiro, keep this skill up at all times; activate just before this skill for massive damage.
- - this skill does a small amount of damage but will stun enemies; this helps to very quickly eat through breakbars and keep enemies in place to ensure higher Torment damage.
- - while energy intensive, against groups or Large-hitbox enemies, this skill is our highest DPS ability; avoid using it if using the Tormenting variant with Mallyx.
- - one of our highest DPS skills
- - takes this place with a shortbow; applies significant torment
- - use this in your fire fields for might; applies considerable torment
- - spammable bleeds
- - applies a large amount of torment and some CC
- - strong AOE
- - expensive to use, but provides good CC.
- Your Battle Scars from Devastation provide you with incredibly high sustain.
- Swapping legends transfers conditions if using Can't find such skill "Cleansing Channel"! Please refer to our skill index. or
- / - useful for difficult solos where condition pressure is low.
- grants Resistance and breaks stun
- is a long-duration projectile block
- removes conditions
- A good example of just how lenient this build can be. Jupiter messes up three separate times when she gets CC'd by the lobber, but because of Battle Scars and Tormenting Runes she's able to easily recover from something that would kill most builds.