Renegade - Diviner Renegade
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A power based Renegade build for WvW, centered around alacrity share, group support and direct damage. Offers permanent access to 10-man Alacrity and great group utility through Jalis and Mallyx while still retains all physical damage stats at the cost of lower effective power (damage) and harder energy management than Hammer Backline.
- if not running short bow.
- feast option with additional damage reduction.
- Keep in mind this setup gives ~78% Boon Duration, enough for permanent Alacrity uptime as long as you press off cooldown, assuming the boon doesn't get stripped/removed.
- This setup relies on Fury and full endurance (2 dodge bars) to crit cap.
- 48% (baseline) crit chance from gear
- 20% crit chance from Fury
- 33% crit chance by having 2 dodges available, thanks to
- Total: 102% crit chance
- A gear combination (along with runes and sigils change) between Marauder , Berserker's , Assassin's and Diviner can be done to achieve different purposes like more damage, survivability and/or group support.
- or if you wish.
- trades damage for more self sustain
- Always try to swap legends when off cooldown to buff Fury, Might and Vigor and to reset your energy.
- Cast on cooldown to buff you and your allies with Alacrity. Position yourself to maximize the number of affected allies.
- provides decent AoE damage if the projectiles hit. Not recommended to use, unless there's an energy abundance.
- Cast on cooldown for Might if your group can't maintain 25 stacks.
- will be used after all your other Hammer skills are unavailable for single target damage.
- is your bread and butter damage skill, land it as often as possible.
- Try to not have anyone targeted if casting this skill, as it can bug out and put on a 4s cooldown. Rather, cast it based on where your character is facing, and where the enemy stack is going to be
- It only hits a maximum of 5 targets across all three pulses, and the pulses often dissappear in non flat terrain, so keep that in mind if fighting inside structures.
- deals a ton of damage and evades for its duration, be careful not to get caught behind your group while casting this skill.
- Functions well for ranged cleave, and to hard pressure the enemy group when coordinated.
- You can through traps and marks to activate them without taking any damage.
- has a long cast time, so try to predict where the enemies will go or use it on stationary targets like downed players that the enemy will move on to.
- Hammer usage
- While pushing: ⇒ ⇒ .
- Ranged spike: ⇒ .
- Add in the mix if it's convenient.
Jalis (Legendary Dwarf Stance)
- will be used as panic condi clear, as the healing itself isn't that great.
- reduces incoming damage and brings a powerful DPS potential on melee.
- Try to time to mitigate damage, don't simply use it as soon as you enter Dwarf stance, as it will drain almost all of your energy.
- Can be used both preemptively, before the fight really starts, or reactively, once it's already going on.
- Try to have the buff up as engages begin, when an enemy player is being cleaved or a friendly player is being rezzed.
- does solid damage and gives pulsing Stability on a large range, try to place it in areas where allies and enemies will be clashing to maximize utility from the road.
- should always be used on the enemy stack not on isolated targets, along with winds and ground pressure, to lock down foes.
Mallyx (Legendary Demon Stance)
- breaks stuns and pays the energy cost at the start of the cast but only gives Resistance and pulls conditions at the end of the cast. Be careful to avoid interrupts.
- Keep an eye on your parties conditions using Party View as opposed to Squad View. Save your energy until allies have conditions that need removal, rather than casting preemptively.
- Increase the healing of by first using to pull conditions to yourself.
- will be used to repositioning and for the wide CC on melee range.
- Skill usage is reliant on energy management.
- Potential to be locked into the wrong stance at the wrong time.