Scourge - Utility Condi DPS
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A condition DPS and utility build for Scourge. While not the highest DPS build, this build provides decent sustained DPS and ridiculously strong AoE cleave with Epidemic. It also provides strong incidental support for its subgroup by generating Might, cleansing conditions, and overhealing allies with barriers.
- Scourge is mainly a utility class and excels in encounters where it can play to its strengths, namely Epidemic and defensive support. It also deals relatively high ranged damage and isn't reliant on Might or healing, which makes it good for roles such as flak kiting at Sabetha.
- This guide is focused on raids. For the fractal version see Scourge - Utility Condi DPS (Fractal).
- Summon Shadow Fiend if you don't need Epidemic, or replacing Trail of Anguish when you have to kite at range.
- Corrosive Poison Cloud if projectile absorb is needed.
- Sand Swell - 900 range portal, useful for mobility on certain fights.
- Summon Flesh Golem for more CC.
- Use Parasitic Contagion for strong self heal at a ~15% DPS loss.
Blood Magic Variant
- Taking Blood Magic instead of Soul Reaping is a loss of ~1000 DPS, but provides more support through minor healing and Transfusion. Usually not worth running, but can be helpful in training runs or struggling groups.
- Use Quickening Thirst for extra run speed when on Scepter/Dagger.
- Manifest Sand Shade if you have less than 2 shades.
- Desert Shroud ⇒ Blood Is Power
- Feast of Corruption
- Harrowing Wave
- Grasping Dead
- 24px Oppressive Collapse
- Scepter autoattack chain
- If using Epidemic, use it whenever there are enemies near the main target.
- Feel free to use 24px Nefarious Favor, 24px Sand Cascade, or Garish Pillar if life force is over capping, or to support your teammates with cleanses, barriers, and CC.
- 24px Oppressive Collapse
- Your best option without losing DPS are soft CCs such as cripple, blindness, and fear from Garish Pillar.
- Summon Flesh Golem is one of the strongest crowd control skills the necromancer has, but you give up Plaguelands by taking it.
- In emergencies, you can swap to warhorn for Wail of Doom.
- Abuse the Adrenaline Mushrooms as much as possible.
- You can use Sand Swell to allow fast traveling for you and your group.
- Epidemic can be pretty useful here.
Stronghold of the Faithful
- Your shades are perfect or terrible for the limited area on the towers.
- Your barrier can support the healers.
Bastion of the Peninent
- You can use Sand Swell to get into greens, especially on challenge mote.
- Use Epidemic to slow down statues.
- Your old Sand Shades can break spears.
- Use Epidemic to break additional spears.