Scrapper - Superspeed Grenadier Roamer
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Designed for: WvW Roaming
A Power-based WvW Scrapper roaming build that focuses on CC and massive burst damage with to get kills while having permanent Superspeed.
- over - better burst damage and AoE pressure, but you have to give up an unblockable CC and a stun break on toolbelt for it which makes the build significantly more unforgiving to play.
- - while the Stealth duration on this is extremely low, currently we recommend it because it's still a valuable escape tool. Without stealth you'll have a much harder time surviving outnumbered situations.
- - ranged CC, combo field for stealth, bit of extra damage.
- - does decent damage but it's primarily a defensive pick because of the Blind and the extra healing, plus it has some useful combo fields for aura combos and even more healing with .
- improves survivability and has synergy with as it gives you more endurance.
- - bit higher cleansing.
- - similar to Fireworks, this one could provide higher uptime on your damage boost but you have less control over when it's going to be active.
- - better Quickness uptime especially when running 2 utility gyros.
- - better burst damage, lower boon duration.
- - defensive rune that helps against both condition and power builds.
- - general tankiness in case you're feeling too squishy.
- over Celerity - lower Quickness uptime, higher sustain.
- - passive strike damage mitigation and strong offensive stats.
- - same stats as the Peppercorn-Crusted version but offers defense against conditions instead of Power-based damage.
- - cheap crit chance increase plus armor-ignoring damage procs that heal you.
- - defensive option with synergy due to more frequent dodging.
- - budget version.
- While Hammer is a very strong offensive option, it can be just as defensive. The build is rather squishy so CD management is very important. Try to pressure targets mostly with if you want to play it safe and keep Hammer ready for situations where you'd be forced into melee or have to defend yourself.
- If you want to get the most out of set up a keybind for About Face.
- Go to Options ⇒ Control Options ⇒ Movement, About Face should be at the bottom.
- Grenades can be thrown at targets behind your character. You can kind of abuse this with About Face by quickly turning around to move away from your target while targeting them with grenade attacks:
- Keep moving forward then hold left click briefly while pressing about face - you should now be moving in the opposite direction as long as you're holding down the movement key.
- Hold the same movement key (W for most players) and right click once to turn back to where you were originally facing once you've built enough distance.
- Repeat these steps to stay at the edge of 900 range while throwing grenades.
- (F5) has massive utility value as a skill that can stomp enemies and revive allies from range.
- This toolbelt Gyro grants Superspeed like any other Gyro while also cleansing 1 condition. In desperate sitations you could use this for personal survival instead of as a group utility tool.
- You can stealth the Function Gyro with .
- Most of the damage comes from and its toolbelt skill , the latter being the best burst skill in the build.
- and do the most damage, followed by the autoattack which is a solid filler skill.
- 's Chill is ideal for snaring enemies while pressuring them from range.
- doesn't hit very hard but the Poison's good for pressuring bunkers and delaying rez attempts as it reduces healing received by enemies.
- is something of a defensive skill, low damage but the Blind could enable you to keep throwing grenades at your target without getting counterpressured.
- and proc the damage bonus from .
- Using Leap and Blast finisher in combo fields is how you maintain Fury from . Always try to use inside a combo field as you can't afford to let a double Leap finisher go to waste.
- is a quick and effective skill for obtaining Fury as it's both a combo field and finisher.
- Try to make sure that your burst lands by using CC and Stealth beforehand:
- Sneak up on your target with .
- Stun them with or .
- Knock them down with (if taken).
- takes a few seconds to charge up, use Superspeed and to stay on top of your target.
- and on Hammer both do great damage in melee.
- Superspeed is your best friend, use your superior mobility to leave enemies behind and get away from danger. Also provides a steady stream of healing via along with Swiftness.
- is often a life-saver because of the AoE stealth.
- The only stunbreaks in the build are found on toolbelt skills: Blast Gyro's and Slick Shoes' (not to be confused with the effect of the same name).
- Both and are Water fields, use and in these to combo extra healing whenever you can.
- is both a combo field and a finisher, it has to be used after the creation of a Water field if you want extra healing. Therefore this only works with Medic Gyro as Reconstruction Field's field doesn't last long enough to fit an entire Blast Gyro cast into it. Rocket Charge works with both fields and it's a double finisher.
- Condition cleansing is limited only to toolbelt skills via synergy and from . Be very careful against condition specs - try to stay in range, use CC as much as possible and avoid their attacks with Hammer. Bail out with Superspeed and Stealth at the first sign of trouble.
- Every Hammer skill except the autoattack could be used defensively.
- does great damage in melee while reflecting projectiles, has a lengthy evade frame on top of being a double combo finisher and having high damage, stuns enemies while leaving behind a pulsing damage field.
- is the most defensive thing on Hammer, being a block skill with barrier. While the damage is mediocre it's still worth using it in melee as you gain barrier whenever the skill strikes an enemy, but even if you don't do that the block is still very useful.
- If taken is great at turning things around. The instant unblockable AoE CC could stop most burst attempts made by enemies without Stability while also creating the perfect opening for counterpressuring targets. Really good at immediately punishing teleport skills like or too.
- When it comes to this build the best defense is a good offense. Your survivability isn't great but your damage is, so try to keep enemies on the backfoot with constant pressure.
- Scrapper - Burst Gyro Scrapper - Conquest PvP version.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium