Scrapper - Burst Gyro Scrapper
A high risk, high reward PvP Scrapper burst build that's just as deadly in melee as it is in range. Scrapper relies a lot on tools like Superspeed, CC and Stealth to avoid taking damage while pressuring targets with from range and Hammer/Gyros in melee.
Viable choices for the optional slot:
- - great CC and a stun break on toolbelt, it's both a defensive and offensive pick.
- - higher burst damage and a CC on toolbelt.
- makes you slightly worse against conditions but significantly reduces the CD of .
- increases your burst damage.
- trades sustain for higher damage.
- over - lower damage, better defense against conditions.
- - a more defensive pick.
- - more damage, lower sustain.
- - improves your condition cleansing, something the build usually struggles with.
- - higher burst potential, could also be activated by skills and .
- Role: roam the map and +1 fights, aim to overwhelm enemies with your burst damage before moving on.
- While Hammer is a very strong offensive option, it can be just as defensive. The build is rather squishy so CD management is very important. Try to pressure targets mostly with if you want to play it safe and keep Hammer ready for situations where you'd be forced into melee or have to defend yourself.
- If you want to get the most out of set up a keybind for About Face.
- Go to Options ⇒ Control Options ⇒ Movement, About Face should be at the bottom.
- Grenades can be thrown at targets behind your character. You can kind of abuse this with About Face by quickly turning around to move away from your target while targeting them with grenade attacks:
- Keep moving forward then hold left click briefly while pressing about face - you should now be moving in the opposite direction as long as you're holding down the movement key.
- Hold the same movement key (W for most players) and right click once to turn back to where you were originally facing once you've built enough distance.
- Repeat these steps to stay at the edge of 900 range while throwing grenades.
- (F5) has massive utility value as a skill that can stomp enemies and revive allies from range.
- This toolbelt Gyro grants Superspeed like any other Gyro while also cleansing 1 condition. In desperate sitations you could use this for personal survival instead of as a group utility tool.
- You can stealth the Function Gyro with .
- Feel free to use while roaming between capture points for easy Swiftness access.
- Most of the damage comes from and its toolbelt skill , the latter being the best burst skill in the build.
- and do the most damage, followed by the autoattack which is a solid filler skill.
- 's Chill is ideal for snaring enemies while pressuring them from range.
- doesn't hit very hard but the Poison's good for pressuring bunkers and delaying rez attempts as it reduces healing received by enemies. It's also unblockable.
- is something of a defensive skill, low damage but the Blind could enable you to keep throwing grenades at your target without getting counterpressured.
- Using Leap and Blast finisher in combo fields is how you maintain Fury from . Always try to use inside a combo field as you can't afford to let a double Leap finisher go to waste.
- Using is a quick and effective way of obtaining Fury as it's both a combo field and finisher.
- Try to make sure that your burst lands by using CC and Stealth beforehand:
- Sneak up on your target with .
- Stun them with or .
- Knock them down with (if taken).
- takes a few seconds to charge up, use Superspeed and to stay on top of your target.
- and on Hammer both do great damage in melee.
- Superspeed is your best friend, use your superior mobility to leave enemies behind and get away from danger. Also provides a steady stream of healing via along with Swiftness.
- is often a life-saver because of the AoE stealth. could extend the duration of stealth but it's also a skill that does damage so be careful not to reveal yourself.
- could extend stealth duration for allies too but because of its huge radius this can't be used for that when enemies are near, otherwise you'd only break stealth by accidentally hitting someone.
- The only stunbreaks in the build are found on toolbelt skills: Blast Gyro's and Slick Shoes' (not to be confused with the effect of the same name).
- Both and are Water fields, use and in these to combo extra healing whenever you can.
- is both a combo field and a finisher, it has to be used after the creation of a Water field if you want extra healing. Therefore this only works with Medic Gyro as Reconstruction Field's field doesn't last long enough to fit an entire Blast Gyro cast into it. Rocket Charge works with both fields and it's a double finisher.
- Condition cleansing is limited only to toolbelt skills via synergy and from . Be very careful against condition specs - try to stay in range, use CC as much as possible and avoid their attacks with Hammer. Bail out with Superspeed and Stealth at the first sign of trouble.
- Every Hammer skill except the autoattack could be used defensively.
- does great damage in melee while reflecting projectiles, has a lengthy evade frame on top of being a double combo finisher and having high damage, stuns enemies while leaving behind a pulsing damage field.
- is the most defensive thing on Hammer, being a block skill with barrier. While the damage is mediocre it's still worth using it in melee as you gain barrier whenever the skill strikes an enemy, but even if you don't do that the block is still very useful.
- If taken is great at turning things around. The instant unblockable AoE CC could stop most burst attempts made by enemies without Stability while also creating the perfect opening for counterpressuring targets. Really good at immediately punishing teleport skills like or too.
- When it comes to this build the best defense is a good offense. Your survivability isn't great but your damage is, so try to keep enemies on the backfoot with constant pressure.
Stack Swiftness for your team before the game starts!
- Drop on the spawn exit gate.
- Immediately follow up with a .
- Allies may contribute to this too by throwing their own blast finishers into the mix as well.
- Twitch: Floody
- Twitch Drazeh
- Twitch: Grimjacke
- Twitch: CarolinDnB
- Scrapper - Superspeed Grenadier Roamer - WvW Roaming version of the build.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium