Soulbeast - Condi DPS
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Focused on: Condition damage
Designed for: Raids and Fractals
A condition DPS Soulbeast build for raids and fractals. The build is very straightforward to play and presses its skills off cooldown to deal high Bleeding and Poison damage. It is rather bursty for a condition build, so can work well even on bosses with short phases.
For an even simpler version without reliance on melee, see Soulbeast - Condi Shortbow DPS.
- Use Warthog instead of Lynx for Brutal Charge for more CC at a small DPS loss.
- Fanged Iboga can be taken instead of Lynx on bosses that attack frequently. See Gear Variants for the changes needed for this.
- If you have enough time to precast, you can use Bristleback and precast Sharpen Spines before the fight, then switch back to Lynx for a small DPS increase.
Condi soulbeast has a lot of viable weapon options, but you want to keep the shortbow regardless.
- Mainhand Axe could be used if you need to be at range for long periods, or if you struggle with counting auto chains.
- Torch is a more notable dps loss, but isn't too significant if you really dislike the animation lock from .
- over in condition-heavy fights to clear conditions from yourself and your allies.
- This setup assumes you have a tier-10 Jade Bot core. If you don't have one, you would want to switch in an extra 4 Spiteful infusions, but the core is cheaper so this isn't recommended.
If you find to be prohibitively difficult to acquire, you can instead use the following:
On bosses that attack frequently, Iboga may be higher damage than Lynx. In this case use:
- (or alternatives)
- (or similar ascended food) if you want to benefit from ascended buffs.
- or for a cheaper alternative
If you can, precast , and dodge twice and use to stack up some .
- and during the cast of Viper's Nest
- Weapon Swap
The Dagger section should be opened with in order to get three uses without delaying your rotation.
- Autoattack and use , and as they come off cooldown
- - the third time you use this, weapon swap should be available
- if available - this will only be the case if you started the Dagger section at two charges
- Weapon Swap
You want to open and close each Shortbow section with
- Autoattack and use and when they come off cooldown
- just before the third use of Poison Volley
- Weapon Swap
- Return to start of Dagger section
- Try to finish your auto chains on Dagger, but if another skill comes off cooldown before you use the second skill in the chain, you should interrupt it
- and off cooldown - both are instant cast
- Fill in gaps between weapon skills with , and
- If will come off cooldown while on Dagger, you can delay so that you can combo it with the poison field
If using mainhand Axe, the rotation is structurally very similar to Dagger:
- Open with ⇒
- Autoattack and use all weapon skills as they come off cooldown
- Weapon Swap after the third
- is a priority skill, and will interrupt the cast of other skills if you use it too soon
If using offhand torch, use in place of . Use as you reach the end of the Dagger, as and the autoattacks on Shortbow have a chance to combo with it.
- Dodging or using gives you for four seconds. It isn't worth dodging solely for the buff, but if you have to dodge anyway then it mitigates the DPS loss.
- is slightly more efficient than dodging, if you can get used to it.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium