Soulbeast - Condi Shortbow DPS
This is a placeholder build that was useful in the past. Click here to view current builds.
Focused on: Condition damage
Designed for: Raids
Variant of Soulbeast - Condi DPS. This build has an extremely simple rotation which consists of spamming shortbow skills and utilities. While it deals less DPS than the dagger/torch variant, the difference is minor and it can pull ahead in fights where you may find yourself outside of melee range for extended periods of time or you mess up your rotation.
Like its cousin, it has a high ramp up time and works best on bosses without phases.
- Fanged Iboga inflicts a large amount of confusion. While your build is not optimized for this it is still a significant damage boost on Cairn, Soulless Horror, and the Twin Largos. Do not attempt to apply the build optimizations of other Iboga Soulbeast variants to this one.
- Bristleback can be used to abuse the behavior of , when used inside the hitbox of a boss with adds present, you can strike the boss with up to nine projectiles intead of the intended three. It can also be used to provide yourself with Sharpen Spines before swapping to another pet and starting the fight.
- While Warthog provides additional breakbar damage with , bringing it is a DPS loss compared to Lynx as you already have permanent uptime.
- over in condition-heavy fights to clear conditions from yourself and your allies.
- is an alternative to if you don't be in melee often enough to use it off cooldown.
- If you need the extra immobilize for a slight DPS loss, useful for encounters such as Gorseval, Escort (Wargs), and Deimos.
Any of the adept beastmastery traits are useful
- is good in encounters with lots of adds
- for when your group's Might uptime is bad
- lowers the recharge on your heal, and should always be taken if using
- , or
- or for a cheaper alternative
- and during the cast of
- as is about to expire
- After this, there isn't any real rotation to follow. Simply cast the skills listed above when they come off cooldown. Be sure to flank the boss as much as possible for the bonus damage from , , and .
- Despite most of your kit being ranged skills, stay stacked in melee as often as possible to recieve healing and boons from the group.
- You can also measure the initial delay of by looking at 's remaining cooldown, use it when has 9-10 seconds remaining.
- While is useful, it is a DPS loss to dodge instead of autoattacking. You can prestack dodges at the start of phases, but should always prioritize using your dodges to avoid damage.
- is a DPS increase thanks to the trait , however it may be saved in situations where you are anticipating a breakbar to occur. Be warned that this will desync your procs.
- If your procs become desynced from using or too early, use the first one to come off cooldown immediatly then use the second when the from the first is about to expire.
- If your procs become desynced from using one of these skills too late, then delay casting the other skill until the proc is about to expire.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium