Soulbeast - Condition Skirmisher
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Skill Bar
- 3 Specializations
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Consumables
- 6 Usage
- 7 Video Examples
A strong build which can swap from DPS to defensive variants. This build can do well in almost all areas of open world and can even solo group events or strong bosses.
- Very versatile
- High DPS even with defensive gear
- Ping sensitive
- Juvenile Warthog - +condition damage, provides crowd control
- Juvenile Smokescale - the strongest power option; comes with a strong evade
- Juvenile Bristleback - best condi pet for ranged DPS
- Juvenile Murellow - great defensive option
- Juvenile Jacaranda - the strongest defensive pet when unmerged, provides significant healing when merged
- Juvenile Eagle - provides excellent mobility
Generally, it is recommended to only replace Set 2, and keep Dagger/Torch.
- Offhand Dagger - Provides additional poison damage and a low-cooldown evade.
- Shortbow - A strong ranged option that deals good hybrid damaged.
, , and are core to this build, replace them only if absolutely necessary.
- - condi clear
- - stability spam
- - powerful defensive skill
- - low cooldown, high damage trap
- - strong single-target strike damage buff; use only with the Viper's variant
- - provides a significant DPS boost to nearby condition-based allies.
- - provides high protection uptime; use to buff nearby allies or for extra defense in hard, static fights
- - significant strike-based DPS buff for allies
- - massive DPS increase in static fights when lacking reliable sources of Vulnerability
- - 6 seconds of invulnerability; can be used with other i-frame sources for a ~13 second invuln period
- - extends stance durations and shares stance effects; use if taking multiple stances or if playing with a group
Wilderness Survival can replace either Beastmastery or Skimishing depending on the need and offers higher defenses and more poison damage. This variant should be taken over Beastmastery if using Trailblazer's gear.
- - useful in high pressure situations where 75%+ hp is hard to maintain.
Highest DPS variant
For harder content, Trailblazer provides additional defense without losing much DPS. Use this with Wilderness Survival.
This gear is relatively cheap and mimics the above variants to a small extent. It is highly recommended to upgrade as soon as possible.
- Note that only one shortbow is needed. The display of two shortbows is a visual glitch.
- Axe offhand is not used in this variant due to a lack of burn duration; it is not recommended to invest in burn duration with this variant.
- Celestial - can be used in place of Viper's for a boost to sustain and defense at the cost of damage
- - highest DPS option
- - highest burst option
- - budget defense option
- - budget option for Trailblazer's
- - cheap DPS sigil for variants with crit chance
- - good replacement for on a Shortbow if using Trailblazer.
- - more dodges
- - more condi cleanse if you need it for some reason
These consumables provide a boost to gold per hour. Food:
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- , , - general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
These consumables provide a boost to damage or defense.
- , - DPS
- - Budget DPS
- , - Dodges + Might
- , - Gives sustain for the Viper's , Sinister's , and Grieving variants
- - +Dmg, +Karma
- This build's damage relies heavily on Bleeding application.
- Try not to interrupt the autoattack chain.
- If using Shortbow: Flanking enemies is important with this build, as shortbow skills deal significantly more damage when hitting from the back or the side. Dodge through enemies before unloading burst to proc Can't find such trait "Fleet of Foot"! Please refer to our trait index
- Use traps and stances off cooldown.
- If crowd control isn't important, use for a damage increase.
With dagger mainhand, use often to proc Quickness. Do not interrupt AA chains and use off cooldown.
Spam and off cooldown while auto-attacking. Use to proc .
This offhand is more geared towards defense. Use off cooldown, but save for the evade.
Use to proc , then use .
- It should be noted that is a whirl finisher. As such, it will produce significant amounts of Bolts when performed in a combo field. The easiest way to do this is to combo it with or , but feel free to get creative here.
Use everything off cooldown, unless saving 's cooldown to match that of .
- This build has an enormous amount of endurance regeneration and a wide number of evades.
- There is a significant amount of passive healing from and .
- Be sure to take utilities that match the situation. Stances like can change the nature of an encounter.
- Dire Variant vs Chak Lobber
- This is a good example of just how effective the build can be even with very cheap gear. While the kill wasn't fast by any means, the Dire variant of the build had plenty of damage and sustain to take on one of the stronger champion mobs.
- Cele Soulbeast vs Razorwing
- Cele Soulbeast vs Bristlebacks