Specter - Condition Scepter
A highly versatile Carrion Scepter Specter condition build for PvP that's viable anywhere from duels to teamfights.
Condi Specter's part of the Automated Tournament metagame, it's much less popular in ranked.
- - bit more mobility, trait synergy and group utility in general.
Viable choices for the optional slot:
- - passive mobility boost and lots of cover conditions on active that could instantly be used during burst combos or defensively for the Blind and Weakness.
- - great AoE condition burst (and a chance to contribute to fights you're not even present in, due to its range).
- - great area denial tool for securing kills and isolating enemy team members.
- Taking , and results in a more roaming/+1 focused build with higher damage, but it's going to make you worse at 1v1ing and supporting allies. The build also becomes harder to play in general due to the loss of several defensive traits.
- - trades healing reduction for better burst and more condition variety.
- - adds AoE burst damage to your elite.
- - worth considering when playing with a lot of Well skills, the Quickness could speed up your burst combos.
- - better mobility when not running .
- - good stats and could help you survive against other condi specs.
- - makes the build more tanky.
- over - if you can afford to give up some cleansing more endurance.
Elite specialization basics
- Specters gain access to their own version of called . Mechanically they are the same, replacing your skill bar while active. Damage taken while in Shroud drains Shadow Force instead of HP.
- Using (Specter's version of ) and spending Initiative builds Shadow Force.
- Most of your Specters skills double as support skills. While your role is to kill targets, a good Specter also keeps an eye on allies and helps them in critical moments by granting them Barrier. Versatility is one of the build's key strengths - you're equally good at camping enemy supports in teamfights and stabilizing low HP allies with support skills.
- Because of Shroud you can be a bit more reckless with spending Initiative as Shroud skills are free and by the time you've rotated through Shroud CDs your Initiative should be back to full.
- removes boons when used on enemies and Dazes them right after, allowing it to interrupt targets even through Stability.
- Most of the weapon damage comes from spamming skill #3 on Scepter: + .
- Scepter is the main weapon set of the build, the other one fills more of a utility/situational purpose. Sword/Dagger has good defensive skills, chase potential and damage.
- 's range can be extended by using in the middle of the cast, the Well will spawn on Shadowstep's target location.
- The main sources of condition cleansing are , , your on-swap Sword sigils and (Sword #2's chain skill).
- Offhand pistol's main purpose is to combo stealth with and to provide a quick interrupt via .
- Stealth stacking rotation:
- (Shroud 2)
- (Shroud 3)
- Twitch: Sindrener
- Twitch: Azzardome
- Twitch: Pain
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium