Spellbreaker - Condibreaker Roamer
Welcome to the Builds Archive. See the ones that gathered dust, were orphaned by their original writers, or became obsolete by balance patches. We keep the orphan builds together and salute the veteran builds that held a position in the good, great, or meta categories. Click here to view current builds.
Designed for: WvW Roaming
A condition focused Spellbreaker build for WvW Roaming. Condibreaker is a build with great sustain against any form of damage and plenty of customization options for tailoring it to your playstyle.
Elite skills don't make or break the build here and there are plenty of options:
- - if you are roaming in a group this could come in clutch for rezing allies or finishing enemies quick.
- - good CC and mobility but the damage is a bit mediocre on Cele builds. Might want to consider picking up on Discipline to make it harder for enemies to shut down Rampage.
- turns into a great defensive skill by adding an proc on activation.
- trades some tankiness for more CC.
- - offers much better defense against conditions, but the build already has plenty.
- - more tanky option.
- - great offensive stats + Might duration and some synergy.
There are many strong options for the Dagger/Sword set when it comes to sigils:
- - adds a new condition to the build while also delivering instant damage around you on weapon swap and snaring enemies.
- - extra dodge on weapon swap for more sustain.
- - causes and to remove additional boons from enemies and give them to you.
- - helps with condition management while putting pressure on your target.
- - great stats that fit Celestial builds perfectly while also providing 10% damage reduction.
- - a very strong defensive option which improves your endurance regen.
- Budget version: - cheaper and more than fine.
Elite specialization basics
- (FC) recharges your Burst skills and . Always try to use it when you can refresh their duration, except if you're under heavy pressure in which case you can use FC purely for defensive means.
- Always try to make sure Full Counter goes off: briefly move into hostile AoE spells, tank Mesmer clones or Ranger pets, etc.
- FC is both one of the best defensive and offensive skill in the build as it blocks, evades, grants Stability, and performs an unblockable AoE CC attack when triggered.
- Full Counter costs adrenaline just like any other Burst skill.
- Usually it's best to swap weapons every ~5s or so to get the most out of . That should be enough time to rotate through most if not all of the skills.
- and are leap finishers, always try to use them in some kind of combo field.
- Using Burst skills grants passive health regen via .
- Spam and whenever they're available.
- is a cone attack so it's best used in point-blank range where all 3 arrows are going to hit the target.
- Swapping to bow procs and . The Geomancy proc itself strikes foes around you, which is an instant trigger for the Doom sigil, meaning that a weapon swap (even in the middle of your dodge) is an instant source of 3 Bleeding and 3 Poison procs. Following up with a in point-blank range adds 3 Burning to the mix. This is a great way of putting pressure on a target in no time.
- Consider throwing in a or even an for even more condition pressure and variety before swapping to longbow.
- is mostly a defensive skill because of the Blind, but it's also a guaranteed projectile finisher which means using it inside a fire field applies Burning.
- does great damage but also works as a setup skill for other key skills because of the Immob. For example Pin Down into weapon swap for and procs with an followup can put quite a few conditions on your target.
- It has a rather obvious animation, sometimes you can use that to bait out dodges by stowing your weapon before the attack goes off. Weapon stowing in general is encouraged because of the skill's high CD, if you see that it's going to be dodged or blocked then there's no point in wasting it.
- always has value as a blast finisher and can do decent damage with Celestial stats.
- Dagger/Sword is a bit more utility-based than Longbow. Instead of a heavy focus on condition pressure here you'll find boon removal, CC, leap finishers and a block.
- has tremendous value as an unblockable boon rip even if its damage isn't that high. Going Breaching Strike ⇒ Full Counter ⇒ Breaching Strike can remove up to 7 boons (6 from the 2 dagger attacks and 1 from , all of it unblockable).
- isn't the most dangerous skill in the build but it's still a good interrupt for key skills like heals, and also removes a boon via Dispelling Force synergy.
- is one of the best skills on D/S. The pulsing Cripple and Torment are difficult to cleanse, making this skill excellent at applying cover conditions to enemies while keeping them snared.
- The chain skill can be difficult to connect, but it's still worth going for right before Impale's about to fall off.
- applies a ton of Bleeding when used offensively. This and Impale are the strongest skills on this set in terms of raw damage output, but quite often it's used more as a defensive skills while kiting.
- should almost always be used whenever it's available as long as you're missing a large enough chunk of health, but if you're facing a condition build and all of your cleanses are on CD then you might want to hold onto it for a bit so you don't get caught offguard with a condi burst. The 5 cleanses make this your best skill against conditions.
- (SIO) is the second best cleanse in the build and also a stun break. This skill affects nearby allies too and can be used to support them if you can afford it.
- is an excellent defensive skill that can block way more than just one attack as long as you're not facing the target or you're outside melee range.
- and make it easier to manage incoming conditions so you can save your bigger CDs for later. Cleansing Ire works best with Longbow's - while other burst skills only cleanse if they hit an enemy target, CS only needs to hit the ground for the trait to proc. However if the projectile is destroyed by something like a then the trait won't proc.
- This interaction makes Longbow great at dealing with conditions even while you're kiting and nobody's near you.
- is a Burst skills and therefore also works with Cleansing Ire.
- You can never go wrong with while under pressure. It blocks attacks, CCs enemies to prevent followup bursts, cleanses conditions, grants useful boons like Protection and Stability (the Stability could even secure a cast).
- should be used as often as possible while under pressure. Even at or near max HP the barrier and Aegis can be useful. Its range is quite large so try to support nearby allies with it too. For a few seconds the banner also works as a light field for your finishers. Using for example removes 1 condition from you and nearby allies when used in the field.
- Spellbreaker - Duelist Condibreaker - sPvP version of the build.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium