Spellbreaker - Magebane Roamer
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Designed for: WvW Roaming
A highly mobile power WvW Spellbreaker roaming build with a strong mix of CC, damage and sustain.
Skill Bar Variants
- Off-hand Sword over Shield - more damage in exchange for less CC and a worse block (but on lower CD).
- could make the build more tanky, but losing the Immobilize makes it harder to burst targets.
- Take if you want to have a bit more sustain.
- - it's like Reaper but a bit less tanky in exchange for offering higher boon duration.
- - higher damage.
- - better sustain without sacrificing much damage.
- - could replace either one of the Greatsword sigils for guaranteed crit on your opening burst each time you swap to GS. Has a bit of anti-synergy with Relic of the Daredevil however.
- - higher burst potential.
- - passive damage mitigation and great stats.
- - a very strong defensive option which improves your endurance regen and adds a bit more damage. Even has synergy with dodge related traits.
- Budget version:
- or .
Elite specialization basics
- (FC) recharges your Burst skills and . Always try to use it when you can refresh their duration, except if you're under heavy pressure in which case you can use FC purely for defensive means.
- Always try to make sure Full Counter goes off: briefly move into hostile AoE spells, tank Mesmer clones or Ranger pets, etc.
- FC is both the best defensive and offensive skill in the build as it blocks, evades, grants Stability and performs an unblockable AoE damage/CC attack when triggered.
- Both burst skills and Full Counter cost adrenaline. If you only need a little more till you can use them then can get you there.
- Settings: disable auto targeting, otherwise it'd be impossible to use skills like for disengaging.
- Playstyle: this build is all about weaving hard hitting skills into chains of block and evade frames while tethering yourself to the target with as often as possible. The combos aren't set in stone, rather you'll need to adapt based on what CDs are available. Minimize melee contact, dodge/block/evade as many things as possible, and spike targets when an opening shows.
- Any burst skill can proc , including .
- The goal is to maintain the tether as long as possible for the damage boost and synergy.
- , , and are your main damaging skills, everything else is basically a filler or something that's used to set up burst / survive enemy burst.
- reduces the CD of weapon swapping to 5 seconds, which keeps gameplay rather fast paced with minimal downtime. As a result you won't be auto attacking much unless you're cleaving a downed enemy.
- CCing a target removes a boon and deals damage/grants adrenaline via .
- Thanks to whenever you Daze or Stun a target you also Immobilize them. This is especially useful with which dazes targets and then recharges your burst skills, perfectly setting up your followup.
- All movement skills remove the Immobilized condition - list of movement skills in the build:
- Greatsword: and . These two skills also provide excellent mobility both in and out of combat.
- Dagger/Shield: , , and the burst skill . The Dagger skills are also excellent gap closers.
- Rampage: , , and .
Conditon cleansing & general survival
- and will be used to manage condition levels before resorting to mass cleanses.
- (SIO) is the only stun break in the build, and one that comes with AoE condition removal. This skill has 2 charges: if you're under heavy condition pressure and the aforementioned 2 traits aren't enough, you're free to use one of the charges.
- Kite, a LOT. You want to run out of harm's way using mobility skills as much as possible before resorting to major defensive CDs.
- Your best defense is a good offense - landing burst skills cleanses conditions and heals you over time via and .
- counts for these too.
- is great if you want to run away from pressure as it can build quite the gap while providing an evade frame.
- is what you use when you quickly want to burst/CC a target, or desperately need mobility to either chase down someone, or run away from a fight. Bonus points if you manage to attach just before using your elite.
- CC skills barely do any damage anymore, most of the damage in this form comes from autoattacks and .
- is a popular opener, allowing you to CC targets from range and then either follow up with for burst damage or to keep the CC chain rolling.
Strength Dagger (sPvP) - the Conquest PvP version of this WvW Spellbreaker Roaming build.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium