Tempest - Staff Support
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A capable (but relatively squishy) PvP Tempest meant to support allies in team fights.
For the optional slot you should pick an aura of your choice:
- - counters ranged pressure and can be detonated on Earth, also applies AoE Protection.
- - an excellent choice against direct damage on a relatively short cooldown.
- - the weakest shout on this list, but also the most spammable and the only one that can be used while stunned as it's instant. This is mainly for trait synergy, not the aura itself.
- Under General Options / User Interface enable "Thick party health bars" and "Always show health bars". These will make it much easier to keep track of who needs your support.
- is your main panic button, only to be used if you'd die otherwise.is panic button #2 but can be used more freely, even as a mobility skill between capture points.
- Avoid getting locked into 1v1s, always be in team fights. You depend on your allies just as much as they depend on you! Tempest's job is to keep party members alive through support, and these allies must peel for you in return (if the enemy team gets to focus you without allies counterpressuring them you'll probably end up dead).
- It's possible to steal a capture point by knocking enemies off with then keeping them out with some of your area denial skills such asor. The same skills are also good for creating some breathing room when you're being focused by the enemy team.
- Being a support build doesn't mean you don't have any pressure - ,, andall do decent damage which could be useful in situations where there's nothing to support or you have to contribute some cleave damage (for example vs downed targets).
- These skills become available after spending at least 6 consecutive seconds in one attunement. Switching to another attunement while overloading will interrupt the skill, yet still puts the attunement on the increased CD of 20 seconds.
- is arguably the least important one in the build, even if you can't pull off an uninterrupted overload at least it can be used as a stun breaker without hesitation.
Support and sustain
- turns every source of Regeneration into a source of condition cleansing.
- The 2 most important sources of Protection are the following:
- - not only does it pulse this boon each second, it'll also leave behind an AoE that does the same thing after a successful overload.
- Attuning to . This is instant and applies AoE Protetion, so try to attune near allies whenever possible.
- Water Attunement is where most of your non-Tempest related support comes from:
- Swapping to Water in the middle of a dodge roll near an ally already pumps out a decent amount of healing via Water's share of and the trait. Don't idle in Water too much because you should fit as many Water swaps into a fight as possible.
- is an okay filler when you've got nothing better to do. Make sure that you do not have an enemy targeted (and that auto targeting is disabled in the options) when using this skill, as you should either aim this at your feet or at an ally.
- has value as a Blast finisher. Blastingapplies AoE, while blasting any of the Water fields on this weapon does AoE healing.
- is a decent AoE heal and a Water field. Read more about its other applications below.
- is yet another Water field and hands down the best source of AoE condition cleansing in the build.
- is a last resource option, only to be used if it singlehandedly saves a team fight and you're out of options because sending Water on a longer CD is going to negatively impact your healing output.
- Swapping to Water in the middle of a dodge roll near an ally already pumps out a decent amount of healing via Water's share of
- doesn't leave you defenseless either -is usable even if you're Immobilized and evades incoming attacks, on top of being a mobility skill!
- There's a lot of combo potential in this build:
- Is a very powerful AoE heal for both yourself and the team. Try to coordinate it with your allies so that they receive every pulse of the channel to maximize the healing. The first pulse heals the most but has the smallest radius, while the other two pulses have a lower healing value but larger radius.can be used to instantly move in and heal up teammates who are far away but need emergency healing.
- Save allies from death with .
- Important: Don't use any heals on teammates who are under the effect of Rebound, use them after it was consumed or expired. The only exception is when you are absolutely certain that they won't reach 1HP over its duration for some reason.
- turnsinto a rather potent rez skill, and even spawns its own Geyser when you begin to revive someone.
- The two Geysers (weapon and trait proc) stack in effectiveness!
- If you're about to die, dropping this AoE at your feet restores downed health for you, making it easier for allies to get the rez.
- turns the caster invulnerable, allowing you to rez without getting interrupted or killed.
- Note: Mist Form must be activated AFTER starting to revive an ally, otherwise it won't work.
- Stack Swiftness for your team before the game starts!
- For this you must begin on Earth Attunement. Drop on the exit gate - whilst channeling this skill, swap to Air Attunement and placeon top of Eruption.
- Finish the chain with .
- Twitch: Vallun