Thief - Core Power Thief
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Focused on: Strike damage
A solid core thief build that can be used in most areas of open world. This build is ideal for playing by yourself or with a small group but thanks to its high mobility and the nature of it can perform very well in zergs.
- Pistol (offhand) provides more mobility with .
- pistol + pistol provides ranged damage with .
- - instant heal + evade
- - stealth
- - if condi cleanse is needed.
- - delayed AoE damage and CC.
- - alternative stun break + condi cleanse.
- - reliable stun break
- - cc
- - to escape from enemies or stealth past them.
- - high burst on a long cooldown
- - strong crowd control if there are allies nearby.
- is a massive damage boost but at the cost of most of your sustain.
This variant provides additional defense in the form of extra dodges through and sustain from . But all the other traits are very situational, so pick whatever you want.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
This set uses gear similar to Build:Daredevil_-_Power_DPS, making it an excellent option for general PVE.
- and are interchangeable.
- Other relics include , , , , and .
- For defense, equip the highest tier Jade Core you can afford. Use defensive food, traits, or skills if required. If necessary, use Knight trinkets.
Budget consumables are acceptable for use in open world.
- Prioritize Steak Ascended food.
- Prioritize Steak Ascended food.
- (and variants)
- This build is very easy to play. Open with to get close to your target, then , and . Then just auto attack until Revealed wears off.
- When the enemy is below 50% hp, and more so below 25% hp, you can start using , but don't use all your initiative on that because is still better.
- Against groups of trash mobs, use from range.
- Use to destroy projectiles and blind enemies.
- Use for CC, especially when near other players so they can also gain its benefits.
- Shortbow gives you excellent ranged tagging potential, mobility, and even some CC.
- Use to get around quickly. This skill can take some effort to use, but having your abilities set to Ground Target with Range Indicator (quickcast) can be a good help.
Main article: Guide:What are Combo Fields
A lot of new thieves are unaware how potent their Combo Blast potential is.
is a blast finisher and is a leap finisher. Both of them can be used inside to gain Stealth. Cluster Bomb inside a smoke field will provide nearby allies with Stealth, the fastest and most reliable way to do it is to click the skill icon on the UI, which fires the bomb directly at your feet completely eliminating all travel time.
By using this combo, you can stealth up to five people, including yourself. This stealth has a maximum duration, so it's a good idea to stack it and then move, finding a spot to stack again before the existing stealth runs off.
In a good party, the thief will only need to use a few blasts; the party will contribute some of their own. Five blasts is sufficient for max stealth, so a common tactic is to use with a few blasts from the thief and a few blasts from the party to very rapidly stealth before moving to a new area and repeating the process. Note that you must have Autotarget turned off in the settings to do this efficiently.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium