Untamed - Power Longbow Roamer
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Designed for: WvW Roaming
An Untamed power build for WvW roaming. Sticks to the staple Lb/GS setup of Ranger and slaps some modifiers on top of it, along with some shiny new tools such as a long range teleport. The more complex pet management makes it somewhat harder to play than other similar power builds.
- - if you either want to trade sustain for damage, or can't afford Durability runes just yet.
Sigil of Severance and Bloodlust can be replaced by:
- - more cleansing in case you're having trouble dealing with conditions.
- - 100% crit chance on your entire burst.
- - strong mix of sustain and damage.
- - more evasion uptime and synergy.
- Budget version:
- or .
Elite specialization basics
- Untamed Rangers have more control over their pets than regular Rangers, allowing them to manually control their pet's 3 special attacks.
- Unleash is the central mechanic of Untamed. At any given time either you or your pet is in the Unleashed state, and you get to flip back and forth on a 1s CD.
- When you're unleashed, your first autoattack is empowered. Greatsword's turns into while Longbow's becomes . Unleashing yourself makes you deal more damage.
- Unleashing the pet grants your pet a damage reduction while their pet skills flip over to new ones:
- F1 becomes
- F2 becomes
- F3 becomes
- Use for mobility.
- has several uses:
- It can be used offensively for the Quickness, most notably to boost , , or Greatsword autos for downed cleave.
- Alternatively the Superspeed can help you escape damage or chase down targets while on Greatsword.
- Pet swapping acts as a Blast finisher thanks to . Being instant, you can have Smokescale place a under you (even while you're stunned), and swap pets for AoE stealth.
- is the easiest way to gain stealth in this build, but if the projectile misses then it won't be applied. To reduce the chance of that happening (and considering how the damage of this skill is insignificant) you should try to fire it at pets, mesmer clones, and other AI whenever possible. Alternatively, use it to quickly get rid of Blind or Aegis because it's the fastest projectile on this weapon.
- Smokescale's F2 is a useful combo field:
- Projectile finishers like and could Blind your target, increasing your sustain.
- While your pet is Unleashed, Smoke Cloud is replaced by which is a Blast finisher. Dropping the field, unleashing the pet and pressing the skill again could make your pet combo Stealth for you on his own. Such a good boy.
- or the trait proc from could be used to stack Stealth as well.
- is one of your ebst survival tools but also one that has good synergy with your more offensive skills. Try to use and while this is active to reduce the CD of your elite, but anything works as long as you're trying to hit as many targets as often as possible.
- makes your Unleash ability remove 2 conditions every 10 seconds, which is your first line of defense against conditions.
- is for emergencies in case condition damage is starting to overwhelm you. Consider disengaging/repositioning right after or following up with Stealth so you have some time to recover. It's also a stun break.
- is both a stun break and an excellent skill for damage mitigation. Hold onto it in case you get stunned if Mutate Conditions is on CD, otherwise you get to use it a bit more freely.
- Most of the build revolves around burst combos and just surviving / using fillers inbetween.
- is a combo piece best used with and . It's an instant teleport that allows you to do burst from range using a melee weapon.
The Longbow burst combo is rather simple:
Greatsword burst combo example (extended):
- Swap to River Drake to trigger which grants Fury and Quickness. Fury gives you for increased damage.
- Make sure you're on
- Precast the pet's Tail Swipe, this should land right after Maul lands
- Optional - teleport in with if you were out of range before Mauls lands
- Your pet should now have Attack of Opportunity as well as Opening Strike for maximum Tail Swipe damage. Tail Swipe should connect after Maul.
- your target for CC, hopefully a proc, and to refresh Maul.
Greatsword burst combo (short)
- to refresh Maul
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade