Vindicator - Greatsword Shiro
A PvP Vindicator power build with high damage and sustain/group utility.
- Staff over Sword/Sword - makes you more tanky and better at holding your own in 1v1s as a sidenoder.
- over - both legends are perfectly fine and offer a good mix of pressure and sustain, with Dwarf (Jalis) being more on the defensive side. Jalis is also more beginner friendly in general as there's 1 less legend to worry about.
- is also a viable option, especially when playing with as both if your legends will have an easily accessible upkeep skill to toggle on and off whenever you want.
- Take when playing with .
- is also a viable option.
Salvation over Retribution also works. Both lines provide plenty of sustain, but Salvation focuses a bit more on supporting allies in teamfights:
- Invoking a legend resets energy to 50 (ideally 60, more on that later), removes 1 condition, and procs . Swapping legends is basically the main resource management tool in the build - swap whenever you're out of CDs, low on energy, or need to cleanse. As the CD on legend swap is 10 seconds you want to plan ahead with your energy pool accordingly.
- Vindicators have access to 3 legends in a way, but swapping between the Kurzick legend Saint Viktor and the Luxon legend Archemorus does not proc legend swap related traits and class mechanics.
- You can swap between the two with (F3 by default).
- allows for permanent Swiftness uptime. The easiest way to trigger this is to turn either or (if you chose Jalis) on and off every 5 seconds.
- The build works just fine from 1v1s to teamfights, although you can make certain tweaks to specialize in a given role.
Damage, mobility, CC, minor sustain through evasion and condition cleansing
- is a skill with life steal, which means the damage it deals bypasses any damage mitigation including Protection or even . That being said it still can't go through evasion or invulnerabilities such as . It's not a great healing skill, so most of the time it'll be used to boost your burst damage.
- can augment any skill and increase your damage output significantly while active. It's quite expensive though, so don't maintain it for more than a few seconds at a time, use it only for bursts. Note that it's only single target damage, doesn't cleave.
- Always stop maintaining this skill if you're about to hit 0 energy - turning it off sends it on a 1 second CD while running out of energy results in a 4 second CD.
- is great for initiating fights from range and immediately starting off with Quickness coupled with unblockable attacks. Quickness can be used to do burst damage or cleave downed targets better through auto attacking, while the unblockable attacks could seal the fate of enemies relying on blocking as their last resource option for sustain.
- won't be used often because it exhausts most of your energy pool, leaving you defenseless and with barely anything to capitalize on the CC. This should only be used to set up kills for your teammates, or to interrupt very important channels like a rez or a stomp.
Weapons and damage
- The Sword/Sword set offers great burst damage (especially single target), while Greatsword is a bit more defensive with good AoE damage options.
- is great for blocking attacks under pressure and could be used not only as a gap closer but also a gap builder (just make sure you don't have an enemy targeted). These are not purely defensive skills though, their damage shouldn't be underestimated either.
- and will serve as the primary burst skills in the build, they are quick and deal high damage.
- works best in 1v1s, where the damage isn't split. In teamfights it's mainly used for the evasion.
- and are great AoE skills, but the latter deals more damage against single targets.
- Archemorus adds a bit of reach to an otherwise very melee focused build with and . Use these to poke from a safe distance if you don't want to go melee for some reason. The Spear has a huge delay so you could even precast it in a fight and line it up with other damage sources for burst damage.
- Swapping legends doesn't cancel .
Ranged burst combo example:
- While Archemorus is an offensive legend with plenty of damage, most of the time you'll be swapping to because either you or an ally is under pressure and you need Saint Viktor's help. In teamfights you're more than just a damage dealer, keep an eye on allies too as you have some tools for helping them.
- is an excellent source of AoE condition cleansing, something the build otherwise desperately lacks. Your best way of dealing with conditions is not getting hit by them, luckily the build has plenty of block/evade frames.
- Tip: if you need to cleanse a lot of conditions and you're on Shiro, try to use first. This way you'll potentially get rid of a few non-damaging conditions, increasing the chance of cleansing the damaging ones.
- Both Shiro and Saint Viktor have tools for evading attacks, these are and . With only 1 dodge bar these will come in handy, along with the block from .
- transforms your dodge into a source of AoE healing/barrier application, try to land on top of as many allies as possible to share it with them.
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade