Warrior - Core Tactics Roamer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A vanilla Warrior WvW Roaming build with good damage, sustain, and mobility which can also be used by F2P players.
- is also a viable option if you can afford to give up some cleansing.
- The ratio of Marauder and Berserker's pieces can be changed based on personal preferences. Add a few more Marauder pieces if you're feeling too squishy, or replace them with Berserker if you're willing to take risks.
- - a solid rune with great offensive stats and a consistent damage modifier.
- - as bursty as it gets.
- - another great defensive rune. While we recommend Earth for this build, Durability also works fine in case you already have Berserker/Marauder gear with this rune.
- over - if you're having trouble dealing with conditions.
- - passive damage mitigation and great stats.
- - a very strong defensive option which improves your already great endurance regen. Even has synergy with Might related traits and the Strength line.
- Budget version: - much cheaper and more than fine.
- Playstyle: this build is all about weaving hard hitting skills into chains of block and evade frames. The combos aren't set in stone, rather you'll need to adapt based on what CDs are available. Minimize melee contact, dodge/block/evade as many things as possible, and spike targets when an opening shows. Examples:
- from outside melee range ⇒ dodge to your target ⇒ ⇒
- ⇒ weapon swap ⇒ ⇒
- and causes Might applications to heal you and grant a tiny bit of endurance.
- Add to the mix and basically turns into a healing skill with 2 charges.
- If possible, dodge into enemies to damage them with and generate Might. This is especially useful if you're Blinded as the damage of the dodge will miss, consuming the condition and allowing you to immediately follow up with something.
- Use and as often as possible while traveling between capture points. In combat these skills can also get you out of Immobilize because of the trait .
- Swapping weapons in the middle of a burst cancels them and retains the adrenaline. You can use this to your advantage by baiting dodges with or to keep your adrenaline if you know a burst won't land. can also be stowed instead of weapon swapped.
- Burst skills - and :
- These are vital skills for the build and you should do your best to land them. CC targets beforehand with or , time them to hit just after the target has dodged, etc.
- You gain 15 endurance via if the skill hits.
- Most of your adrenaline should be spent on Eviscerate, as its damage scales with adrenaline level. For Arcing Slice it doesn't matter, the damage is always the same - only the Fury duration scales.
- Try to land Eviscerate right (or shortly) after swapping to Axe to benefit from
- can be your make or break skill during duels or downing an opponent. Try to use it at the end of a player's dodge or stability to make it even harder to dodge, and make the most out of it. Alternatively, this can be used defensively for the evasion and mobility to avoid damage or disengage from a fight.
- is borderline useless except for 2 situations:
- Your target is trying to escape, in which case the snare can be useful. When playing with Tactics, this not only snares but also applies Immobilize.
- The target is below 25% health which increases the damage of this skill significantly, making it fairly powerful.
- and will be used to manage condition levels before resorting to mass cleanses.
- (SIO) is the only stun break in the build. This skill has 2 charges: if you're under heavy condition pressure and the aforementioned 2 traits aren't enough, you're free to use one of the charges. This skill also affects nearby allies and can be used to support them if you can afford it.
- is what you use when you want to burst a target or desperately need mobility to either chase down someone / run away from a fight.
- Example of a Rampage burst rotation: ⇒ ⇒ ⇒ ⇒