Weaver - Condi Weaver
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Focused on: Condition damage
A very powerful condition-based weaver build for open world. This build offers very high DPS and defense with an active, skill-based playstyle. Condition Weaver can be very difficult to master, but is one of the strongest options for solo play.
- - burst healing
Replace or .
- - very high DPS that also provides additional defense and functions well at range; this is a strong replacement for if playing purely at range.
- - stability and huge barrier.
- - stunbreak with 2 charges and extra evasion.
- - AoE burst damage from or pulsing blind with and a replacement for if playing purely at range.
- - summons elementals, use for DPS or for tanks. These die when you mount up, and are best used against strong bossses.
- - mobility.
- - condition cleanse
- - sacrifices the very large burst damage increase from Weave Self in exchange for a pet. The Flame elemental provides high DPS (be sure to use the command skill on CD where possible) while Water and Earth give you a reliable front line.
Ascended gear is not required for Open world, Exotic is fine
This option uses gear similar to that of Build:Weaver_-_Condi_DPS. This makes it a great option for general PVE.
This set is incredibly cheap and provides very high HP, but is lower DPS. If using this variant, place much heavier priority on
There are many good relics for general play in open world and others that may be specific to this build. Swap based on preference.
- Relic of the Cavalier - dps/defense; use with Skyscale's Fire Field for stacking boons.
- Relic of Speed - mobility
- Relic of the Adventurer - defense
- Invest in a Jade Core for additional HP and access to Jade Protocols.
- Trailblazer - luxury set: very large boost to defense at a relatively small damage loss.
- Celestial - luxury set / booster gear: very large boost to defense at a relatively small damage loss - pairs well with as a budget option.
- - additional evades
- Carrion - this build has a budget carrion variant, see above.
- - budget replacement for ; this sigil requires stacking, and it must be included on all of your underwater weapons to prevent losing stacks when entering the water.
Budget consumables are acceptable for use in open world.
- Prioritize Flatbread Ascended food.
- Prioritize Flatbread Ascended food.
- (and variants)
This build primarily relies on and . It is not particularly difficult to play, but has a lot of options to respond to different situations and requires a bit of game knowledge to take advantage of.
- Generally for DPS you should be rotating through the following Attunement loop:
- Spam all of your fire and earth skills as they are available.
- You can combine , , and with for a large burst of damage while you are invulnerable.
- For a more detailed rotation breakdown, see the similar endgame build guide: Build:Weaver_-_Condi_DPS
Primordial Stance and Glyph of Elemental Power change drastically depending on your current attunement, and its important to consider what attunement is best to use them in
- considers the element on your mainhand and the element on your offhand to determine what condition to pulse, and updates every second. As such, for the highest damage, use it right before double attuning to Earth for high Bleeding damage, or in Air for Vulnerability.
- changes its effect depending on your mainhand attunement, and is best used in Air for Vulnerability or in Fire for high Burning damage.
- is your highest damage skill, spam it off cooldown, even when not using .
- , - projectile hate.
- - invulnerability.
- Using a Dual Attack gives Vigor, and dodging gives barrier, thanks to .
- (Sword only) and both make you evade for 1 second.
- heals you for every single skill you cast.
- (Sword only) creates a water field where you can use your combo finishers to heal, such as , , , .
- Video guide by renowned elementalist player Roul: Gw2: Elementalist Build Guide for Open World, Fractals and Dungeons
The following examples were provided courtesy of Hardcore Casual on Youtube. Videos are listed with permission.
- Fire Weaver vs Champion Forged Lieutenant Bounty
- This is a great example of how powerful can be, and demonstrates the full kit of condi weaver.
- Fire Weaver vs Champion Avatar of Balthazar
- This is one of the hardest hero points in the game due to the insane incoming damage and one-shot mechanic. In this video, they use a variant similar to the heal variant listed above along with to reach 100% burn duration.
- Fire Weaver Positioning
- A good example of how to abuse weaver's many evades and positioning for proper blast and field usage.
- Fire Weaver vs VB Boss Trio
- Super impressive clip that demonstrates how much of a difference a few trait and skill swaps can make. This variant uses the power of weaver stances to avoid damage and CC.
- Condi Weaver vs Champion Avatar of Balthazer 2: No dodges!
- This is a super impressive example of the type of DPS that condi weaver can output.
- Bounty Solo: Cele Weaver vs Forged Maverick
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium