Cosmic Observatory Strike Mission Strategy Guide
Through the barrier, Dagda awaits. She is a relatively simple boss with only a few key mechanics, but the punishment for repeated failure is quite high.
Dagda will only ever move as part of mechanics, and many of her attacks only hit players in melee range. A group that is really struggling to survive could stack a short distance away from the boss and range her, but this is quite an extreme approach.
Note that while Dagda becomes untargetable during split phases, she never becomes invulnerable, which means that condis will continue to do damage and may be more optimal here as they allow new phases to start at lower health.
Unlike most raid and strike encounters, this fight does not have a boon rip at the start, nor will it refill class-specific resources such as Life Force.
The fight starts as soon as someone attacks Dagda. Dagda will target the closest entity (including pets etc.) with her auto chain, so players taking a lot of damage can back away slightly to gain a respite.
Dagda's basic attack chain is Strike ⇒ Vengeful Strike ⇒ Starburst. The final attack of this chain fires a cosmic projectile that can be blocked, or reflected for a bit of damage.
Dagda starts with 10 stacks of Demonic Aura, each stack of which reduces the damage she takes by 10%. Throughout the fight, Purifying Light AoEs will spawn (see the Soul Feast mechanic in Phase 2) nearby, and using the Special Action Key on Dagda will remove five stacks. Once all her stacks are removed, she will gain an effect called Demonic Aura Timer that last for 20 seconds. After the buff expires, she will regain all 10 stacks.
Additionally, there is now a 10-minute Enrage Timer.
Finally, the encounter starts with Planet Crash (see Phase 3).
The Tormented that spawn during this attack appear near the stack and will often be cleaved down before people even notice them. The other two effects are more serious: Debilitated lowers the player's damage by 25% for 60 seconds, and Residual Anxiety can turn players against their allies if they reach 10 stacks (see below for more details).
Split Phase 1
At 75% health, Dagda becomes untargetable, repeats (maybe) and starts pushing players toward the edge of the arena while filling the middle with a large red AoE that ticks for 20% of a player's max health. The red AoE takes a long time to start dealing damage, and the split will frequently coincide with other mechanics so prioritize handling other mechanics correctly.
Groups with a lot of condi damage may wish to start moving towards the edge when Dagda hits 76%, to make mechanic overlaps easier to handle.
Two Tormented spawn near to each other at a random spot near the arena's edge. Kill them both to start the next phase.
Challenge Mode only: The Tormented that spawn in the split phases are now a mixture of Elites and Champions, and the Champions have the ability to summon additional Tormented.
Additionally, one player will be targeted by Soul Feast as the phase starts (see below).
Phase 2 is very similar to Phase 1, with the addition of one new mechanic:
The mechanic in this encounter applies stacks of Residual Anxiety, which last for three minutes. This debuff has no inherent effect, but if a player reaches 10 stacks they will switch sides and become hostile to the group. While hostile, players retain control of their movement but will be repeatedly Taunted onto other players. The hostility will end early if the player is downed or CC'd, and it appears that the effect can be condi-cleansed. Stunbreaking the Taunt will prevent the forced attacks, but the player will remain hostile and be Taunted again after a short duration.
s that have been hit by Purifying Light will remain visible until they expire, but no longer have any effect.
- Charging Constellation (Challenge Mode only): Five random players are marked with a roman numeral above their heads. After a short delay, Dagda will fire an attack at each player in order. Each hit applies Extreme Vulnerability in an AoE, killing the player instantly if they are hit more than once. The targeted players should spread out away from the stack until they have been hit.
- Meteor Crash (Challenge Mode only): Two random players are targeted with a green AoE. Three players need to be in each or the group will take extreme damage. Although the AoEs have visual indicators suggesting that too many people can be in the AoE, there seems to be no downside to stacking them together with everyone inside.
Unlike Phase 1, Dadga's attack patterns are fairly reliable in this phase:
- Auto Chain x2 ⇒ ⇒ Auto Chain x2 ⇒ Spinning Nebula ⇒ Soul Feast ⇒ Auto Chain ⇒ ⇒ Repeat
In Challenge Mode, the pattern is:
- Charging Constellation ⇒ Auto Chain x2 ⇒ ⇒ Meteor Crash ⇒ Auto Chain x2 ⇒ Spinning Nebula ⇒ Soul Feast ⇒ Auto Chain ⇒ ⇒ Repeat
Split Phase 2
At 50% health, Dagda becomes untargetable again and repeats the split phase as before, only this time four Tormented spawn. As they spawn across a large area, it may be worthwhile sending half the group to one side of the arena, and the other half to the opposite side.
Phase 3 begins much the same as Phase 2, though spawns at around 25 seconds.
In this phase, her attack pattern is:
- Auto Chain x2 ⇒ ⇒ Auto Chain ⇒ Spinning Nebula ⇒ Soul Feast ⇒ Auto Chain x2 ⇒ Rain of Comets ⇒ Auto Chain x2 ⇒ Planet Crash ⇒ (only if not stunned) ⇒ Auto Chain x3 ⇒ Spinning Nebula ⇒ Rain of Comets ⇒ ⇒ Repeat
In Challenge Mode, the pattern is:
- Auto Chain x2 ⇒ ⇒ Meteor Crash ⇒ Auto Chain x3 ⇒ Spinning Nebula ⇒ Soul Feast ⇒ Auto Chain x2 ⇒ Rain of Comets ⇒ Auto Chain x2 ⇒ Planet Crash ⇒ Charging Constellation ⇒ Repeat
Split Phase 3
At 25% health, Dagda becomes untargetable again and repeats the split phase as before, only this time six Tormented spawn. As they spawn across a large area, it may be worthwhile sending half the group to one side of the arena, and the other half to the opposite side.
The final phase is identical to Phase 3.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium