Deadeye - Malicious Oneshot Roamer
Welcome to the Builds Archive. See the ones that gathered dust, were orphaned by their original writers, or became obsolete by balance patches. We keep the orphan builds together and salute the veteran builds that held a position in the good, great, or meta categories. Click here to view current builds.
Focused on: Direct damage
Designed for: WvW Roaming
A permastealth WvW roaming build that preys on squishies, and oneshots them with before vanishing again.
Can also be used for scouting undetected or hiding inside objectives lost to the enemy, waiting for the opportunity to Shadow Portal a Mesmer inside.
Archival note: maybe unplayable by the introduction of mounts and nerfs to its damage.
- over - trades the initiative regen for bigger reach when hunting down targets, but you'll need to aim it properly to get to the target instead of just pressing the signet. Shadowstep is also a better defensive skill in general, should you need it.
- - this introduces a whole new role to the build. Using permatsealth, it's possible to hide inside towers and keeps just before the enemy takes control of them. Wait until your server arrives to siege it, taxi a Mesmer in with Shadow Portal, and let the Mesmer take the rest of the group in with . Now your server can take the objective without a siege.
- - if the target survived or their allies are near, this elite can finish the kill without risk. Under pressure this is a stronger defensive skill than , but obviously stealth is better for disengaging and SM can get rid of Revealed too.
- You should carry 2 Pistols with you. One with , another with . The build is best used at night time when you can make use of the 10% modifier from Sigil of the Night. During the day, you should switch out your Pistol for one that has a Sigil of Air.
- Because of Berserker armor is somewhat better than Template:Valkyrie, eventhough you don't need the crit chance it provides. Going full Template:Berserker makes the build a lot less forgiving to play, but increases your Backstab damage a tiny bit. Although the gain from Berserker is marginal at best, it's still something that more experienced players could go for.
- Let's start by establishing that you won't be able to oneshot everyone you come across - more tanky players with high HP may survive. Don't worry though, with access to permanent Stealth you're able to pick and choose which fights you're going to take, or vanish if you failed the burst.
- The build is best used for defending objectives owned by a guild with stat bonuses.
- D/P is the main weapon set of this build, rifle mainly fills a utility role.
- Rifle can be used to solo camps by spamming , picking off NPCs one by one. It can also finish targets who survived your burst and are trying to escape. Alternatively, use it to snipe targets from range if you're roaming in a group.
- Always try to be on rifle when you're finishing downed targets in order to build stacks.
- The Shadow Arts specialization greatly enchances stealth, making it last longer while regenerating health and initiative over its duration. In combat it also provides 50% movement speed increase, but it's capped at the usual 33% while out of combat.
- Rifle's is the cheapest way for you to enter Stealth, endurance being the only limiting factor. Dodge on rifle every time your endurance is about to hit maximum.
- and are both last resort options in case the circumstances don't allow for other methods, or you need to heal. Shadow Meld is extremely valuable as it counters Revealed which would prevent you from gaining stealth.
Optimal stealth stacking rotation:
- Drop in front of you, which is a smoke field
- Swap to dagger
- x4 through Sniper's Cover
- Dodge while holding a rifle to proc
Less optimal, but much more convenient way (it costs more initiative and you will only be able to use 3 Heartseekers):
- x3 in Black Powder
- Swap to rifle, dodge
Once you've found your target, it's time to act:
- Start with to apply the damage modifiers from and . You'll also get 4 seconds of Quickness, which means there's a 4 second window to land your burst while your stats are increased by the trait .
- Unload your utilities in the following order:
- (extra Power)
- (gap closer, this one can be skipped if you're already close enough to the target)
- (extra damage from Vulnerability)
- from behind. ensures that this is always a critical hit.
- If your target survived, follow up with a quick .
- Drop a at the downed body and finish. Enter stealth if others are around.
- SA Rifle Roamer - a proper Rifle build that makes use of Shadow Arts.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium