Herald - Power Shiro
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Focused on: Direct damage, Mobility and Utility
Designed for: PvP Conquest
This build was last updated on March 02, 2023 and is up to date for the May 02, 2023 game patch.
A high skill cap PvP Power Revenant burst build, created primarily to +1 fights and teamfight. Works best with a support by its side which makes up for the build's relative lack of sustain (especially condition cleansing).
- - while this trait lowers your burst damage, it does add more armor ignoring procs and healing.
- - trades sustain/armor ignoring procs for higher burst damage, makes you better at finishing off low HP targets.
- If you want more defense against conditions, replace with on Sword and replace Cleansing on Staff with .
- Invoking a legend resets energy to 50 and removes 1 condition. Swapping legends is basically the main resource management tool in the build - swap whenever you're out of CDs, low on energy, or need to cleanse.
- Begin on (Glint) and immediately activate the following 3 upkeep skills for party buffing:
- Optional: add to the mix just before leaving from spawn, especially if a teammate wants to stack boons (a ranger using for example)
- In combat don't try to maintain your Glint upkeeps for too long, in most cases they shouldn't stay up for more than 3 seconds. Activating Facet of Elements and Strength only to immediately follow up with using and is a perfectly fine thing to do -* these are also some of your best AoE skills.
- can be used to knock downed opponents away from their teammates who are trying to revive them, or to knock them off of capture points - the latter allows you to take the cap while bleeding them out, delaying their respawn.
- Both elite skills have obvious tells and are easy to dodge, stow weapons to cancel casting if they're about to be evaded/blinded - this will save all the energy cost and only send the skill on a cd of 5 seconds. The same qualities make these skills perfect for fake casting by stowing weapons immediately after beginning the cast, baiting enemy dodges/blocks.
- is one of the most versatile and strongest skills in the build:
- is a cheap stun breaker and one of the few skills in the game that can reveal stealthed targets.
- The Blind from Gaze can be used to avoid powerful attacks without wasting dodges, and can help you stomp warriors / revenants / engineers / rangers by blinding their downed CC. Even mesmers can be stomped with a little luck because of the AoE reveal.
- If you're Blinded while channeling you can use at the last moment before the skill finishes its animation - in this case Gaze of Darkness will miss instead of your elite.
- Movement speed is capped at 33% while out of combat, making Swiftness just as strong as . During combat however can be used for boosting your mobility, which is also useful for disengaging.
- 's active chain skill is best used while on Shiro as a source of ranged poking/AoE cleave.
- Herald no longer has the sustain it once had, and staying in melee range without active blocks or evasion could quickly overwhelm it. Although generally perceived as a melee build, there are quite a few ranged skills that will play an important part. The build's geared towards massive burst damage and utilizes hit-and-run tactics.
- Use skills like , , Shiro's or to poke from a safe distance if going into melee would be too dangerous (bunch of hostile AoEs on point for example).
- Create openings where you can pressure targets uninterrupted by utilizing your CC skills such as or . Make every moment count by capitalizing on the setup with tools like Quickness, and to further increase the damage of your followup burst.
- and will serve as the primary burst skills in the build.
- works best in 1v1s, where the damage isn't split. In teamfights it's mainly used for the evasion.
- is great for initiating fights from range and immediately starting off with Quickness coupled with unblockable attacks. Quickness can be used to do burst damage or cleave downed targets better through auto attacking, while the unblockable attacks could seal the fate of enemies relying on blocking as their last resource option for sustain. Either follow up with hard hitting attacks or a if you wish to interrupt them (and to cancel their blocking skill).
- won't be used much because it blows pretty much your entire energy pool, leaving you defenseless and with barely anything to capitalize on the CC. This should only be used to set up kills for your teammates, or to interrupt very important channels like a rez or a stomp.
Stacking Damage Sources
- There are plenty of extra sources of damage that could be stacked before doing your burst rotation.
- is a skill with life steal, which means the damage it deals bypasses any damage mitigation including Protection or even . That being said it still can't go through evasion or invulnerabilities such as .
- can augment any skill and increase your damage output significantly while active. It's quite expensive though, so don't maintain it for more than a few seconds at a time, use it only for bursts. Note that it's only single target damage, doesn't cleave.
- Always stop maintaining this skill if you're about to hit 0 energy - turning it off sends it on a 1 second CD while running out of energy results in a 4 second CD.
- Consuming Shiro's causes the passive to persist for several seconds via .
Ranged Burst Combo Example
- Any of your other skills on the weapon set, or swap to staff for a CC (skill 5).
- Optional step - swap legends and use
Self Sustain & Conditions
- 's chain effect is your jail free card - makes you immortal for the duration by converting all incoming damage into healing. It's also by far your best tool for dealing with condition spikes. Some players may stop pressuring you once Face of Light's been activated, in this case you should just wait a couple of seconds before using Infuse Light. Make sure you get at least 10k healing out of this skill, try to predict when burst is coming and use Facet of Light in advance - FoL has a cast time thus cannot be used while stunned, but Infuse is instant.
- Revenant doesn't have any mass cleanses, instead it's the proper chaining of smaller removals that's going to do the trick:
- The highest possible number of conditions that can be removed in one combo is 8 (9 if we count Blindness, which you should attempt to remove before starting the chain).
- Ideally start with to get rid of all snares and hard-CC such as Fear and Taunt. This skill alone could remove 4 different non-damaging conditions thus increasing the chance of cleansing the more important, damaging ones with other skills. The evade frame of the skills also ensures that you won't be inflicted with new conditions.
- Swapping to staff removes a condition thanks to (if taken) and swapping legends can remove another one via the trait , bringing the total count to 6. If you were already on Staff it's still possible to proc the Cleansing sigil with a legend swap, as explained earlier.
- Finish the chain with .
- After this you should be safe, but you've also exhausted your kit so play defensively for a while in order to avoid getting hit with new conditions by chaining blocks/evasions, or just staying at a safe distance for a couple of seconds.
- The combination of Staff and Shiro gives the revenant amazing tools for disengaging/stalling. gives 15 endurance whilst also evading and removing every hard-CC / snare from the player. In addition to that Staff has a short CD block/evasion in form of and .
- Safest way to benefit from when you need it for the healing is to use skills with evasion/blocking that also deal damage, such as Warding Rift, Surge of the Mists, or Unrelenting Assault.
- Heavy condition pressure
- Shiro Roamer - WvW roaming version.
- Twitch: Drazeh
- Twitch: Belzedr
Threather gave this build 4 stars • March 2023
Struggles in this meta as isn't best +1er. All enemy needs to do is force you to swap to staff+shiro by immobilizing, change targets and you will be uselessly shiro dodging around for 10 seconds. Great damage and snowballer tho. Just never fight on point?
Goon gave this build 4 stars • February 2023
A very high skill cap build that has unfortunately been power crept by EoD specs. The lack of condi cleanse and stability means that this build is harder to play then builds of a similar role such as devastation vindicator or power willbender. With similar damage to these two builds power herald is no longer your best choice though is still viable against some matchups.
Hanz gave this build 5 stars • August 2022
It was already one of the strongest roamers but yeah, Willbender and Vindicator nerfs helped it get back on top. Insane burst damage, good mobility, even sustain's not bad once you get used to it.
Necro master gave this build 5 stars • July 2022
since wb nerf more time i chooise herald more . cause too much dmg and survive still good
Kindness gave this build 3 stars • April 2022
All in spec, high damage and easy to put but poor sustain
Trîkuna gave this build 5 stars • April 2021
glint heal nerfed, but still a insane heal. shiro port also nerfed, so it's less spammy, basically you can't teleport in and expect to teleport out instantly anymore. damage still the same. still meta as of 2021! don't worry guys, we aren't going anywhere anytime soon. ;)
Pottsdie gave this build 4 stars • May 2020
Power shiro is alright but the meta has shifted towards condi rev.
Guirssane gave this build 3 stars • February 2020
Power shiro is outshined by condi rev at the moment. Damage at too low and sustain is now pretty meh as you don't have that much condi removal.
Shiroshiro gave this build 3 stars • August 2019
Only good for duo queue or if you are lucky enough to run into perfect teamcomp every single time. Everything that makes Power Shiro great is still there, but the lack of superspeed from Impossible Odd has striked hard and made this build less reliability. Don't get me wrong, you can still retk people in 1v1 or even in teamfight, but you would run out of gas really fast without proper support from teamate. Recommended for rev players, but not for newer players. Edit: Take demolisher amulet + hardening persistence for better sustain in sticky situation. You lose out the ability to max out 25 stacks of might, but the trade off is worth it imo.
MurkWan gave this build 5 stars • August 2019
I don't see why this isn't listed with the meta. While remaining as one of the most complex builds in the game, it is very rewarding once you learn it well and deploy your skills with good timing. Highly versatile and still crazy good burst damage. Use staff 5 to break through crowds and sword 3 to sap the life out of your enemy. Better than thief for +1s and the gap closers make this build really mobile too. All in all this is the definition of a meta-build.
Blogg gave this build 5 stars • March 2019
If you have a support, this build can easily carry entire teams. If you don't, you risk getting farmed all game without putting in any valuable input. Rev is a very high damage, high mobility class. It is technically very survivable, but you can't sustain while doing damage as rev. Whereas rifle holo can put up wall and keep pressuring, rev has to evade and block, which means it can't deal damage while playing defensively. That's why having a support with it is key; supports let rev freecast, just like necro.
Meragon gave this build 5 stars • September 2018
Super high direct damage, great cleave, one of the best mobility, good duelist, best +1 imo. Usefull if well played, but I do not recommend it for new players, it's in my opinion one of the hardest class to master in gw2. DO NOT USE JADE WINDS
Screaming gave this build 5 stars • August 2018
Revenant in general has quite the reputation, which causes people to severely underestimate what this can be capable of. This puts out an insane - massively unbalanced I'd dare say - amount of burst damage, with really oppressive mobility between Phase Traversal and Deathstrike to boot. Fortunately it's weak to heavy pressure, but even with Infuse Light that can often not be a problem at all. And depending on the upcoming changes, this build is either going to be gutted or even more broken...
ShaoAZ gave this build 5 stars • May 2018
Underrated, this build has the potential to deal with any types of build if played right. The only problem with this template is that it features a terrible choice of rune, Rune of Lyssa is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better as it compliments everything about the Rev, condition duration for a majority of the skills including Sword 5, the condition cleanse after recovering health with infuse light from facet of chaos which shares the exact same cooldown as the rune after being fully used and making your critical chance up to 100%, also the passive boon on heal skill is really useful, even if you don't fully use the facet, you still gain the boon which is often Aegis, protection or retaliation and those last for quite a while. If you die using this build in 1v1's you most likely made a mistake while fighting, the only very weakness of this build comes from the thief ability to either spam boon rip unblockable S/D, condi spam evade steal or headshot spam from D/P. Yet they aren't impossible to kill if you are clever enough, since the rev damage spike is massive.
Utrex gave this build 5 stars • April 2018
It's mobile, very strong, and most importantly fun to play. Unlike Scourge, this build has a hard time eating up heals because of how often you need to be moving around, so practicing self-sustain is key. I agree that the treatment of Rev by ANet isn't really making sense.
Derpster gave this build 5 stars • February 2018
The nerfs to certain condi builds and boon removal have made this slightly more viable, but you still need to know what you are doing. This build is good, but Revenant as a class remains not recommended for beginners as it is very punishing for mistakes.
Tusk gave this build 5 stars • January 2018
I like the power damage it can do, it is a bit glassy, especially against Necros/Deadeyes but which class isn't. Otherwise it can withheld 4 enemy easily until reinforcements arrive or just obliterate other 1v1.
Bob0 gave this build 5 stars • December 2017
Extremely brutal. Delete enemy firebrand, faceroll, win. The incredible burst power damage is perfect to counter anti condi support builds.
Forgotmypasswordlulz gave this build 5 stars • December 2017
Can't make it work? Then stop crying on every media you find and start getting good instead. Herald always had its weaknesses and is a generally hard build to play well no shit don't expect to faceroll it as if you were a scourge. Some builds weren't made for monkeys, if that's a problem then find something else.
Nathanel gave this build 5 stars • December 2017
yeah the following ratings are clear exagerations, sorry but this is nonsensical. Revenants are definately not top dog now, but to call it bad is nothing more then nonsense. Power shiro always suffered weak condi cleanse, And always was used by veteran(not even pro players btw) players who had a tad bit of understanding of the game. I will admit tought that A-net constantly nerfing a class that is broken in the most litteral sense of the word is infuriating even with the latest patch but we gotta be real. It's bassically like berserker now. U can still with skill win a fair amount of matchups, it's really the condis that are going to be a bummer to deal with, But druid,scrapper, holosmith,core war,weaver,core fresh air are all possible matchsup to be won. the build is still quite mobile and still does a poor mans thief job at picking up targets. Bieng weak against one aspect of the game doesn't make it a terrible build. it makes one of those builds not to be picked up by newer players.
Issei Kun gave this build 5 stars • March 2017
Fun and super active build with steep learning curve. High risk medium reward in this meta. Also, I suggest adding twitch.tv/xkratosz to the list of streamer list. As Kratos and RarNark are the only two good active revs left. Phantaram and Toker already quit the game so linking their channel is kinda irrelevant.
Mithblue91 gave this build 5 stars • March 2017
I've been playing this build for a couple of weeks now and I have no doubt I'm playing it wrong but I can't help but feel insanely squishy. I get popped by other classes using bursty builds. Fighting thieves and Necros is a total nightmare too.
ItsJake gave this build 5 stars • June 2016
Unmatched power dps. Great sustain, pretty hard to play perfectly. Obviously weak to conditions (Personaly i like to swap sigil of blood for generosity for a little bit more condi resistance. As said, the best defence against condis is just not to get hit. Staff and shield offer a lot of blocks and overall great mobility.
Wrekonize gave this build 5 stars • April 2016
Very good Duelist or DPS depending on how you play, Staff really boosts the utility and sustain. Suggest always running Invocation with Leadership with the amount of Necros and Mesmers playing in ranked. Never has it not been in a Pro Team Composition.
Unii gave this build 5 stars • March 2016
Good mobility, sustain, damage, CC and team support via boons. I personally prefer the invocation-marauder combo with a hoelbrak rune. The only downside I can think of the build in general is that the current meta is loaded with unblockable stuff that can make the shield a bit weak but even that is remedied by timing it well. A staple build of the current sPvP experience.
Billaboong gave this build 5 stars • February 2016
Great sustain, great damage, only struggles with condition. The best DPS build in this meta
Thor gave this build 5 stars • February 2016
good CC, good sustain, good dmg.. what are even the bad things of this build? I like playing it from time to time and it is really strong especially when played properly.
Soob gave this build 5 stars • February 2016
IMO Soothing Bastion in Herald isn't worth taking due to the nerf. It also gets you in trouble a lot of times when you are about to cast say an evade or a teleport and then you automatically shield. Also classes like necros will mark you when you shield, which is a death trap when it triggers. IMO the stability is a good choice to run instead if you run retribution. But Elder's Force is awesome since you are rocking a paladin amulet and you have 5-6 boons on you constantly. Running sigil of force on your sword is also a decent alternative. Because sword autos are used alot in conjunction with quickness, the damage racks up pretty rapidly and is great for cleaving. I personally run the Invocation variant, the Paladin gives you all the tankiness you need, but Retribution is also very good. Invocation gives you a lot more damage through fury and damage modifiers, and also the stun break and the removal of a condition isn't too bad although by far that isn't the crux of running Invocation.
Sunnypsyop gave this build 5 stars • January 2016
Absolutely incredible sustain for the damage output — though as some other posters have mentioned, Revenant skill bugs will occasionally bring you down on this build. Unrelenting Assault, Phase Traversal, and Riposting Shadows all have glitches associated with them. That being said, if you learn to juggle your damage mitigation, set up your bursts intelligently, and make use of quickness stomps you can easily come out on top in many 1vX situations with this build. I'm running Devastation + Retribution + Herald on the Durability Runes variant. The only other change I made was taking Hardening Persistence over Radiant Revival for more casual (AKA selfish) play.
Steroids gave this build 5 stars • December 2015
Using this build running Rune of Durability and Hammer instead of staff provides great ranged burst.
Arstus gave this build 5 stars • November 2015
Possibly the best stratagem and build for use in PVP with the Revenant. Even with the addition of a cooldown on Shiro's shadowstep skill, the build remains solid and reliable. Though the skill cap for the class is extremely high, in the right hands, this build can be a top competitor.
TwitchtvKamientv gave this build 5 stars • October 2015
Only 100% working build so far, require great skills as a player to be able to handle and score well but it works ( Alots of glitch ruins you're DPS during 3 on sword skill and phase traversal ). Everything else tried on Revenant doesn't have any place in high level plays.. can't wait for Anet to actually provide us alternatives worth playing.
Girafales gave this build 5 stars • October 2015
I played 20 matchs on PvP with this build since the HoT launch and it's a solid build. I won most of 1v1 situations and go range when medium fights to avoid high damage. Played with marauder and berserker amulet, marauder helped me to stay alive longer on medium fights with 3+ enemys. IMO the marauder amulet works better. I'm missing heal skills on Assassin Stance. The Enchanted Daggers didn't work for me, but the Assassin's utilitys compensates for the loss. Just need to be more cautios and precise on Assassin Stance. The Herald heal is amazing, so on this stance we can take some risks. The sigils are great, maybe change the Sigil of Battle, but this work too. Everything is working weel for me with this build: the weapons, traits, stances. My vote: Great!
Get MetaBattle Premium
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium