Mechanist - Power Mechanist
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Focused on: Strike damage
Power Mechanist is a power build with great damage and is very easy to play. Even with low access to boons, this build will delete most enemies with the combined force of the Mechanist rifle and their Mech's cannons. The build also has a lot of CC.
The suggested skills are optimized for dps, but feel free to use other utilities such as:
- - AoE damage in melee and some utility.
- - quickness, combine with and for good quickness uptime.
- - for a full signet build.
- - mobility.
- - personal quickness, great pick when you're comfortable pressing all your buttons. Whereas J-Drive works best with a simpler playstyle.
- - DPS increase for group bosses if other players are providing fury.
Ascended gear is not required.
- Knight - defensive gear at the expense of dps
- Marauder and/or Dragon_stats - Luxury defensive open world stats that provide extra health at the cost of some damage
- Note that these stats change your critical chance so be aware of crit cap.
- Also be aware of the effects of stat choices on the mech's critical chance (75% without fury is ideal as the mech does not inherit flat critical chance from traits)
- - slightly better than Scholar because of how Mech scaling works, but then this gear set wouldn't work too well for power holosmith or scrapper.
- budget DPS
- , - defense at the expense of dps
- - great when soloing, replaces Air
- - General defensive sigil
- - good quickness uptime when combined with and
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions. Budget versions of these foods exist and are acceptable.
- - farming
- , - DPS
- - defense
- (and variants) - farming
- , - dps
- Spam and off cooldown. The auto attack, , is also great and fires which is an Explosion.
- Spam your Mech skills off cooldown. Remember using your third weapon skill causes the Mech to fire , this doesn't interrupt any action the Mech is doing.
- You can put the Mech's F1 ability on auto-cast if you want by pressing control+mouse 2 on the skill. Don't use autocast on F2 and F3 because these skills inflict crowd control, and you want to be able to decide when and when not to use crowd control.
- only fires the rocket if the projectile strikes the enemy. This means that when using AoE projectiles like or , you must hit the enemy with the projectile and not just the explosion in order to fire an Aim-Assisted Rocket.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium