Necromancer - Core Condi Roamer
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Focused on: Condition damage
Designed for: WvW Roaming
A condition based core Necromancer build for WvW roaming with proper sustain and decent pressure.
For the optional slot:
- - on-demand boon removal, post-nerf this is mostly a tech-option against builds with Stability spam. You're not guaranteed to hit the right boon but it's your best bet at countering specs with high Stability uptime.
- - excellent sustain tool against both ranged and melee, it's even good at pressuring targets.
- - great AoE pressure against groups, and could scare off melee enemies for a few moments.
- - more mobility and a stun break with a bit of Life Force gain on the side.
- - stun break, defense against direct damage, and excellent LF building.
Geomancy can be replaced by:
- - if you're having trouble dealing with conditions.
- - if you're willing to lose a useful proc for a stacking damage boost.
- - passive damage mitigation and great stats.
- - more active damage mitigation via dodging.
- - budget version
- Budget: (found in Canned Food Crates looted from WvW Skirmish Chests)
- Use before you mount up so you don't have to cast this at the start of combat right after dismounting.
- Consider building up your Life Force on critters and hostile NPCs before setting out to fight players.
- Both weapon sets have access to unblockable CC skills: on Staff and on Scepter/Warhorn.
- All of your marks are unblockable and generate Life Force.
- Tip: enemy players who block Staff skills can work against themselves. Long duration blocks such as Shield Stance give you more than enough time to land important staff skills like with little to no risk of being avoided as blocking players normally don't dodge.
- Entering Shroud triggers which is an excellent defensive proc that can also be used while CC'd to apply Weakness to nearby enemies.
- Fear is the strongest damaging condition in the build thanks to .
- Scepter/Warhorn is a bit more bursty while Staff is more of a utility weapon used to snare targets, transfer conditions, and CC/build Life Force from range.
- is a strong burst skill but only when used on targets with at least 4-5 different conditions. It also corrupts a boon which means with a little luck this could add another source of Fear to the build.
- is taken for its synergy because this is the shortest CD core Necromancer elite skill. The Fear proc itself has a delay and should go off after the Golem's Charge, which means it won't override the knockdown.
- There are 5 sources of Fear in the build, try chaining them together when you're going for the kill on an already pressured target:
- - use your elite skill to proc this once every 30 seconds.
- - Shroud #3.
- - Warhorn #4.
- - Staff #5.
- - utility skill. The ring applies Fear whenever an enemy crosses it, and you could force them to cross by using other sources of Fear on them. The duration of Fear stacks.
- The Sceper autoattack chain is far superior to Staff's in terms of damage, it could even apply Poison for healing reduction.
- is a Blast finisher, you may combo this with for AoE Weakness or for AoE .
- with is a great filler while in Shroud.
Shroud burst rotation (in melee range this doubles as a defensive rotation):
- to proc
- just before Dark Path reaches the target
- The build has above average condition cleansing by Necromancer standards.
- Both entering and exiting shroud removes conditions thanks to and .
- (SW) is great for preventing condition pressure from ramping up on you. Activating its chain skill which "ends" Spectral Walk does not stop the cleansing. This skill has many uses, for example:
- Activate SW ⇒ jump off a cliff while being chased ⇒ when your enemies jump after you.
- Activate SW ⇒ (if using Flesh Wurm) ⇒ teleport back when they catch up to you. This works for stomping downed enemies as well, the channeling isn't interrupted by either of these teleports!
- Even at maximum health you may consider activating either Spectral skills before entering shroud. The added LF generation and sustain can prolong its duration significantly.
- is more of a last resort option that should only be used at or below ~50% HP and when other forms of cleansing/healing won't suffice.
- Core Condi Necro - the Conquest PvP version of this Necromancer roaming build.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium