Scourge - Condi Scourge
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Focused on: Condition damage
Although it has low burst damage, condi scourge is a great build for open world due to its simplicity, tankiness, and amazing damage over time, making it great for solo or group play.
This build has access to barriers to absorb damage, passive defense from , can remove boons from enemies with and Punishment skills such as , and can remove conditions from allies and itself with .
If you don't have access to Weaponmaster Training with Secrets of the Obscure, you will not be able to wield a pistol. Instead, use only scepter.
- Your choice of second offhand weapon doesn't matter much. You can use warhorn for extra CC, focus if you need extra boon removal, or only use torch for easier access to its good damage skills.
provides a good mix of healing and barrier. You can consider other options:
- provides slightly higher raw healing.
- is great vs. enemies that inflict conditions (though beware the self-inflicted Blind from ).
is taken for damage and boon generation and should never be replaced. is amazing for AoE damage by spreading the conditions on your enemy to other nearby enemies, but useless in single target fights. is a good stunbreak and provides Stability. You can consider other alternatives:
- - destroys projectiles.
- - boonstrip and damage.
- - amazing condi transfer but beware of its passive when playing in groups.
- - single target damage.
- provides good life force generation in long fights and can be used to revive an ally
- - if you need Aegis to block a predictable but dangerous attack.
- - can replace Trail of Anguish to give up the Stability for life force generation.
- - great CC or pull to cleave trash mobs.
deals massive damage if you can keep the enemy inside for its duration.
- - tanky CC buddy.
Minions provide extra bodies for defense but will drastically lower DPS. Never use all minions, always keep .
This still provides 3 minions, one of which has extremely high health and is good for CC.
- - trades a large amount of damage for some sustain.
- - when you need more condition cleanse.
- Don't use because it requires a lot of boon duration to be useful, which you do not have as a dps build.
Death Magic can be taken if using the minion variant to trade a large amount of damage for an increase to minion health and personal defense. Replaces Soul Reaping.
- If you ever need a lot of defense, use Death Magic with + + for permanent Protection and large increase to your toughness. This is normally not needed as scourge is already relatively tanky.
Blood Magic can be used when playing in groups and doing very hard content. This massively lowers your damage, but makes you great at reviving downed players. Replaces Soul Reaping. Do not use this specialization when playing solo.
- When doing this, change your healing skill to .
Ascended gear is not required. Infusions are not required. You can use Exotic gear with the same stats.
This set uses gear that is similar to Build:Scourge - Condi DPS, which makes it a great option for general PVE
- If you don't have access to Weaponmaster Training with Secrets of the Obscure, you will not be able to wield a pistol. Instead, use only scepter.
- is by far the best option. You can trigger it easily with , , or .
- Trailblazer can be used in open world to trade 10-15% DPS for a massive increase to health and defense. But this set is not useful for most content outisde of open world.
- Celestial provides lower damage than Viper's and Trailblazer's, less defense than Trailblazer's, but in exchange the healing power makes your barriers bigger. Generally not recommended as the points into ferocity are completely wasted, and the points into boon duration won't be doing much either since this build has very little access to boons, only a bit of fury and might. This set is also not useful for most content outside of open world.
- + budget options while you work on acquiring the very expensive but very strong Superior Sigil of Torment and Superior Sigil of Bursting.
- If you haven't yet unlocked , you can use while you work on acquiring Akeem.
- If you don't have access to expansion relics, you will have to resort to much weaker options such as , , or .
Budget consumables are acceptable for use in open world.
- Prioritize , but Ascended Flatbread food is also good for open world.
- Prioritize Flatbread Ascended food.
- (and variants)
This build is extremely easy to deal damage with. Simply follow this priority list.
- Always have at least one Sand Shade manifested. This is extremely important because you gain concentration and expertise from and defense from , and inflict damage from . Using any Shade skill causes existing Sand Shades and yourself to strike nearby enemies with Manifest Sand Shade for free. Manifest Sand Shade doesn't reset your auto attack chain.
- Trigger (10 seconds internal cooldown).
- Use which deals great damage thanks to .
- Use anytime you can transfer the self-inflicted conditions. The easiest way to do this is to cast Blood is Power and at the same time to trigger , but any condi transfer will work.
- Use and off cooldown; try to use them together as they have the same cooldown. Interrupt your auto attack chain to cast them. The same applies to and .
- Cast and any time they're off CD. Preferably, use Harrowing Wave when not at full life force for more value. If you're near your target, Oppressive Collapse will also give you Might.
- Cast off-cooldown. This is your highest damage skill, so position it carefully.
- Note that requires to enemy to aready be suffering from conditions to inflict Torment. If that is not the case, this skill does nothing and should be delayed.
- weapon swap
- will cleanse the self-inflicted Poison of (comes from ), while the Bleeding remains and gets added to . Then, triggers to transfer the self-inflicted 3 Bleeding and the 2 Torment.
- In this opener, is the skill that activates .
Sustain and defense
- You're a fully ranged build, so always stay on the move while attacking. Run or dodge away from attacks.
- converts your conditions into boons, and can be used to transfer them in emergencies.
- If you have trouble surviving, you can trait .
- If you are downed, don't give up. might keep you alive while your conditions finish the enemy. is also quite strong.
- - 1 second of stun.
- - 1 second of fear
- - 2 seconds of knockdown
- - 1 second of knockdown, but hits multiple times against big enemies. (if using
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium