Virtuoso - Celestial Virtuoso Roamer
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Designed for: WvW Roaming
A WvW Cele Virtuoso roaming build focusing on hybrid damage and high passive sustain.
Shield requires the Secrets of the Obscure expansion, if you don't have it then your options are:
- Torch - defensive weapon with condi cleanse, stealth and a delayed AoE CC.
- Pistol - better damage and a quick stun that could be used to set up burst.
- could also be considered (especially when roaming in a group) as this is quite a strong rez trait, and giving up a bit of cleansing for it shouldn't be a problem on this build. It's useless in 1v1s though.
- - trades healing for more cleansing.
- - better endurance regen equals more dodging. Dodging is a crucial part of your gameplay flow due to its synergy with various Virtuoso traits and of course it could help you avoid incoming damage too.
- - passive damage mitigation and great stats.
- Optimal: or , whichever is cheaper (the difference beween them is negligible, a grand total of 2 condition damage stat in favor of Tuning Icicle).
- Budget: either from Canned Food Crates found in WvW s or purchased from the Permanent Portable Provisioner.
Elite specialization basics
- Shatters are replaced by Bladesongs (we're still going to refer to these as shatters).
- Instead of generating clones in combat you now stack Blades and Blades persist even after combat. The maximum count is 5 instead of 3.
- Bladesongs are a bit more clunky than regular shatters. They require you to face the target to activate and have a cast time, therefore cannot be used defensively while stunned.
- is a very simple yet versatile skill allowing you to chase enemies, retreat to the safety of the highghround, break stuns, or get around the map faster.
- 's more about securing a kill on an already pressured target rather than setting it up. The Moa doesn't last long and the Moa'd player has access to a few defensive/mobility skills to avoid your followup attacks if played well. This however is still great for denying low HP enemies access to their heals and cleanses inbetween two bursts.
- For Virtuoso the best defense is a good offense. Bladesongs/Shatters are crucial for sustain.
- Shatter skills grant Aegis from while blocking an attack procs and , applying boons and generating 3 Blades.
- also heals you whenever you block an attack, be it from Aegis or any skill you have.
- Stocking a Blade heals you from the passive of , while using a shatter skills heals you via and even removes a condition.
- Try not to use the active of unless you're in serious trouble as the passive is way too valuable.
- Every Signet skill grants . is your panic button: break stuns, applies Stealth + and cleanses 5 conditions thanks to . SoM is the only mass condition cleanse in the build, keep that in mind when facing condition specs. Correcting mistakes or recovering from bursts becomes harder while this is on CD.
- acts as an instant cleanse and source of Aegis, plus the multiple hits could rip Aegis from enemies and get rid of Blind in you so that your more important skills can connect. Aside from that it doesn't do much, it's by far your weakest shatter.
- The build has plenty of ways to deal with conditions:
- Weapon swapping removes 3 conditions via .
- is your mass cleanse, removing a total of 5 conditions with .
- removes another one when you use your healing skill.
- Last but not least, is another source of cleansing when running Torch.
- can be used even while stunned, blinding nearby enemies and giving you a chance to gain Protection whens struck.
- Same goes for , you could use it to get out of harm's way even while stunned.
- needs to block an attack otherwise its chain skill (a copy of this skill) won't become available. Make sure that this happens even if your opponent is trying to play around it by briefly moving into hostile AoE fields or using the Echo of Memory right in the middle of an enemy's attack animation so they can't cancel in time.
- Every shatter inflicts Torment via .
- Try to use shatetrs with 4-5 Blades stocked if possible for maximum effect.
- is your main burst skill.
- is burst skill #2 but also more of a filler for dumping your Blades.
- As for weapon skills Scepter/Torch is the primary damaging set in the build. is a block with Blade generation that has nice synergy with all the other block related traits, you can always follow up here with a shatter.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium