Weaver - D/F Lightning Rod
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Designed for: PvP Conquest
A Power Weaver build for PvP which uses the trait to turn CC into burst, while also mitigating direct damage through the Weakness it applies. The low sustain and reliance on melee range allows for few mistakes on the Weaver's part, but its CC chains and high burst can punish mistakes made by enemies just as easily.
Viable choices for the optional slot include:
- - several strong defensive skills and even some CC all rolled into one conjure.
- - great defensive skill in general, works against any form of pressure.
- - stun break + evade frame right after. Long CD but it's an ammo skill which means it has multiple charges. Could also replace .
- - resets the CD on attunements and allows for double attuning immediately for its duration. This is great for accessing your defensive weapon skills on Earth and Air in case of an emergency, or proccing .
- - stability and general sustain.
- - decent damage boost when used on Air.
- - more sustain.
- - more burst.
- - if you can afford to trade a significant chunk of your HP for more damage. A high risk, high reward option for more experienced players.
- - a more defensive and beginner friendly choice. Consider taking on Arcane and definitely pick on Weaver.
Elite specialization basics
- Weaver allows the Elementalist to attune to 2 elements at the same time, and skills 1-5 are decided based on both. Let's call them primary and secondary attunements.
- If you swap to then fire becomes your primary attunement and weapon skills 1-2 will be fire skills. Afterwards if you switch to for example then water is now your primary attunement and fire's moved to secondary - now skills 1-2 are water and 4-5 are fire. Skill 3 is a dual skill influenced by both active attunements ⇒ fire + water for example is .
- The order of the attunements doesn't matter here, water primary with fire secondary has the same dual attack as fire primary and water secondary. Attuning to the same element twice has its own dual skill.
- should seldom be touched, as the passive is extremely valuable. Note that several trait procs also count as skill activations and will benefit from the passive of this signet.
- Unless you either have a high amount of Confusion on you, or you're already at maximum health, you should always be casting something (autoattacks will do too). This is to get the most out of this signet's passive.
- Cycle fire ⇒ air ⇒ fire ⇒ air to maintain Swiftness while roaming between capture points.
- If taken can be cancelled by stowing your weapon in rare cases when the full evasion isn't needed (let's say you have to cleave a downed target and must keep the pressure up, but had to break stun).
- is the bread and butter of this build, causing every CC effect in the build to add to your damage. The general playstyle revolves around weaving together hard hitting skills such as with CC for burst damage.
- If taken Attuning to the same element twice grants , which is a decent damage increase. makes obtaining this buff easier. Best attunements to double attune to are Air and Fire.
- is the most important one in the build and should be attuned to often, both for damage and sustain. alone could provide a ~50% AoE Weakness uptime and it does really good damage, while is the go-to cleave skill in the build.
- plays a major part here as well, constantly mitigating damage trough Weakness spam.
- Sustain's low in general, especially when it comes to handling conditions. Cleansing is limited to your sigil, dodging on , and . Perhaps your best tool against conditions is , which makes you immune to incoming conditions and causes you not to take damage from the ones already on you for its duration.
- Earth #4-5 in general are some of your strongest defensive tools. Due to their placement on the skill bar however, as a Weaver you may not gain access to these skills immediately when swapping to . This can be solved by using in case of emergency. Unravel's also great for grabbing on .
- lets you kite melee opponents should you need some breathing room.
- Twitch: Grimjack
- Twitch: Phantaram
- Twitch: Blamthrax
- Twitch: Boyce
- LR Roamer - WvW roaming version.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium