Chronomancer - Boon Support Power DPS
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Designed for: Raids
Power Quickness chronomancer provides 100% Quickness uptime to its subgroup while dealing decent DPS.
This build can also easily tank. If the aggro is toughness based, simply equip some toughness. The amount needed will depend on the encounter and you and your squad's performance and skill.
As with all mesmer builds, it has access to plentiful utility should it be required, such as , , or .
Quickness chronomancer was in the past rarely used as an offhealer, but nowadays that is a very bad option that simply cannot compete with the boons provided by reliable quickness healers.
Note that chronomancer used to be able to provide both quickness and alacrity at the same time, this is no longer possible. This build provides quickness. It is possible for chronomancers to provide Alacrity through , but currently we greatly discourage anyone from playing alacrity chronomancer because of how bad it is.
Greatsword is mandatory but offhand Sword can be replaced by a Focus if you need to pull adds into the boss. These variants use different gear, so check the gear section.
Utility You can replace Mantra of Pain if needed, and Well of Calamity if absolutely needed.
- provides a long-duration reflect.
- provides aegis to your subgroup, useful for fights like Deimos CM.
- provides Stability to your group.
- for encounters that require heavy CC.
- offers more CC than but on a longer cooldown, which may be more suitable for some encounters.
- if you need a portal.
- allows you to get a second use out of a key skill if you'll need it more often than the cooldown. Often used together with .
Elite is not required to maintain quickness, but it provides an easy way to start fights with quickness and can be used to cover up any mistakes in the rotation.
- should be used if an encounter requires heavy CC.
- bigger and faster CC than but on a longer cooldown, which may be more suitable for some encounters.
- - very minor dps gain if you don't need the extra CC from Delayed Reactions.
Sometimes, utility is more important than damage. The inspiration traitline can be very powerful on encounters where you specifically need Aegis, such as Deimos, or the distortion from can be used to cheese certain mechanics, such as Slothasor's shake. Replaces Dueling.
- If the feedback from might cause problems (such as as Cairn), then you can swap it out for or depending on whether healing or condition cleansing is more useful.
- If using a focus, then is very nice, assuming the reflects won't be an issue.
- When running Inspiration, is very powerful and its short cooldown makes it convenient for dealing with mechanics. If you are struggling with the timing, then is instant-cast and still has a relatively low cooldown.
- Ths gear set provides 15,4% boon duration so you can comfortably upkeep perma Quickness. You have 75% critical chance with food, reaching 100% with Fury.
- If you want to maximise your damage, swap the Sigil of Concentration for a Sigil of Airfor 5,4% boon duration, but your quickness will drop if you can't maintain a perfect rotation.
If you absolutely require the utility of , replace shield with focus and use this gear set because you will need a lot more boon duration.
- This set provides 38,33% boon duration will lets you comfortably upkeep permanent Quickness. And 99,05% critical chance with food and Fury.
This build provides Quickness through . It generates so many clones that it uses off cooldown and for spare clones when in the greatsword set.
Start on Sword/Shield
- (while engaging the boss, but if the fight starts inmediately then use Time Warp first and cast one greatsword auto before Phantasmal Berserker)
- ⇒ Weapon swap to cancel the aftercast animation.
- ⇒ with 3 clones at the end of the casting time. Cast both charges of Mantra of Pain.
- ⇒ ⇒ so Mind Stab cancels the long aftercast of Well of Calamity.
- Continuum Split ends during Mind Stab.
- and start spamming Mantra of Pain anytime it gets a charge.
- ⇒ so Signet of Ether cancels the long aftercast of Well of Calamity.
- Weapon Swap
- The loop is very simple. In the greatsword set, you will use 3 times thanks to . You use once per weapon set.
- If you need a full breakdown, this is the full loop:
- Fill the gaps with auto attacks. Use off cooldown.
- When is almost off cooldown, prepare 3 clones to use it on greatsword. You want to use and twice thanks to , , and .
- Shield is the default weapon because it allows you to run lower boon duration, in turn doing more damage. But focus is still very good with ⇒ to pull adds onto the boss, just remember that you need higher boon duration if you are going to use focus, check the gear section.
- is not necessary to maintain quickness. Once it comes off cooldown after the first use, just use it when your allies might not have quickness, for example when coming back from doing cannons on Sabetha, or when coming back from the demon realm on Deimos.
- and can be used to avoid incoming damage with less of a DPS loss than dodging.
The following skills summons clones
- summons a clone on your target.
- summons a clone on your target if you succesfully block.
- summons a clone on your target when the projectile hits.
The following skills summon phantasms than later become clones
- summons 2 phantasms that latter become 2 clones.
- summons a phantasm that latter becomes a clone.
- sumons a phantasm that latter becomes a clone.
- If you block an attack with Echo of Memory, you can use , which sumons a phantasm that latter becomes a clone.
- is your primary shatter and does by far the most damage. As you practice this build, you will always have 3 clones ready for it, so you're going to be using if off cooldown.
- should only be cast in the greatsword set shortly after , because the greatsword loop rotation generates enough clones to have 3 ready for Split Second.
- should be saved for emergencies to provide CC or cover quickness gaps.
- Neither of your shatters line up perfectly in your loop, so they will drift, but you should be using at least once on each weapon set.
- - daze.
- - stun (shield only)
- ⇒ - pull
- - Knockback.
If you need more CC remember you can take , or , or , or .
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade