Deadeye - Rifle Deadeye
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Focused on: Strike damage
A power deadeye build focusing on the rifle weapon. This build has amazing damage from 1500 range, with amazing boon uptime, and decent mobility. Its main weaknesses are the lack of AoE damage, being very reliant on projectiles to deal damage, and safely using the rifle skill that cripples you but in turn greatly increases your damage.
The build revolves around quickly building 7 malice to trigger to regain initiative and get lots of boons, including permanent 25 Might and Fury, and then consume that malice to fire a powerful sniper shot .
- Mainhand dagger can be substituted for sword. The goal is merely to have a melee weapon set for the rare cases where you cannot safely use rifle.
- Keep a shortbow in your inventory and equip it when you need to tag enemies in group events.
and are quite important for this build. Assassin's Signet, however, can be replaced as needed.
- amazing CC and boon removal.
- - very situational. Extremely good for pulling the bomb in Battle in Tarir south lane meta event.
- - amazing mobility plus stunbreak and condi cleanse.
- - AoE damage and teleport.
- - long duration of stealth for channeling Hero Challenges.
- - if conditions are a problem.
- - little bit of sustain at the cost of damage, not that great after the hard nerf with End of Dragons.
Trickery can be considered when soloing to replace Deadly Arts. It deals slightly less damage than Deadly Arts, dropping even lower in long fights and/or group fights. In exchange, it gives a little more room for error thanks to the extra initiative, and utility from the boon steal+daze on Deadeye's Mark.
Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
This set uses gear similar to Daredevil - Power DPS, making it excellent for general PVE.
- Marauder trades some damage for higher health and crit chance.
- - good alternative to Impact sigil
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions. Budget versions of these foods exist and are acceptable.
- - farming
- , - DPS
- - defense
- (and variants) - farming
- , - dps
Deadeye's Mark and Malice
The most important part of the build is correct usage of . Make sure to mark your target before you start firing. Deadeye's Mark increases your damage against that target by 15% and reduces the damage you take from that target by 15% due to ; gives you 1 initiative when marking or hitting that target with a stealth attack because of ; and makes your weapon attacks against that target build 1 initiative, or 2 if the attack deals critical damage thanks to .
Thus, the goal is to build 7 malice as fast as possible, fire an empowered , and repeat. This will give you permanent 25 Might (also thanks to ), permanent fury, permanent regeneration, permanent swiftness, and permanent vigor.
The rotation is extremely simple to learn. As simple as it is, it is important to follow this rotation exactly, otherwise you will run out of initiative and you won't do damage.
Sources of stealth
Mastery of this build requires management of your sources of Stealth, which are the only way to fire your Stealth Attack to reset your initiative. You have several sources of stealth, you will need to learn which is the best one to use at that time:
- dodging while wielding a rifle stealths you for 3 seconds. As it has no cooldown, this is only limited by your endurance, and this build has permanent Vigor. Nevertheless, remember to save at least one bar of endurance to dodge incoming attacks.
- - as it has 2 charges, this is the first stealth skill you want to use. The first charge will recharge as you still have access to a second charge should you need it.
- Stolen skill - casting your stolen skill while at 5 malice or above will stealth you for 3 seconds. In long fights, make sure to use the stolen skill before Deadeye's Mark becomes available again, as stolen skills do not stack.
- - 3 seconds of stealth. Low priority as you might need to use this for CC. Requires valid path to target to cast.
- - 3 seconds of stealth. Lowest priority as it is your only stunbreak.
is a key part of rifle deadeye. While kneeling, your attack range increases from 1200 to 1500 ( is an exception and always has 1500 range), the speed of your bullets is increased by 50% so they don't take too long to hit your target from max range, and you gain 1 initiative each 3 seconds.
Generally speaking, in the open world it is safe to kneel all the time especially if you make use of your range, often killing durable enemies like hydras before they can even come in range of you. Just be ready to dodge should an attack come your way.
- Death's Judgment inflicts Revealed when cast, so it will always make use of .
- Try to stay above 90% health to benefit from , , and .
- When fighting bosses in a group, try to attack from behind to benefit from .
- If using Action Camera, they keybind "Look Behind" can be used while casting to quickly and seemlessly jump forward.
- if you don't use action camera, you will have to stop running, turn your character, cast the skill, turn the character again, and resume runing. The keybind "About Face" can help with that.
- With a distance of 600 units, can teleport you up/down slopes or stairs.
- You can combo with to disengage by teleporting backwards and entering stealth by blasting the smoke field.
- Use to destroy dangerous projectile attacks like the volley of arrows from the Tengu Hero Point in Auric Basin.
- deals damage before teleporting. If you are in stealth, it will reveal you.
- and all other stealth attacks will only deal their bonus damage from malice against the marked target. Marking target A and building 7 malice but then firing on target B will not consume malice nor deal bonus damage.
- lasts 30 seconds, but you are never letting it run out as casting this gives you access to a stolen skill which are a necessary source of stealth.
The best defense is to kill your enemy before it can kill you. This build is very aggressive and has little defense.
- Dodge dangerous attacks, even while kneeling.
- Teleport backwards with .
- Disengage with stealth.
- Against trash mobs, you can always use to impair their movement. Or you can kite enemies with . Both skills pierce. Or knock them back with .
This build has little crowd control.
- - launch or knockback.
- If you need crowd control, slot .
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade