Dragonhunter - Meditrapper
Welcome to the Builds Archive. See the ones that gathered dust, were orphaned by their original writers, or became obsolete by balance patches. We keep the orphan builds together and salute the veteran builds that held a position in the good, great, or meta categories. Click here to view current builds.
Designed for: PvP Conquest
A Dragonhunter build for PvP focusing on burst, CC, and minor team support utilizing Traps, , and Symbols.
Archival note: got replaced by the Trapper rune version.
- over - if you think you're not going to need the mass cleanse or the decently low cooldown stunbreak from CoP (which should rarely be the case). It is quite strong against Mirage though as the cleansing is needed more frequently and clones die to its AoE damage.
- You can replace with both of the other traits depending on what you (dont) need in certain matchups. When you do that you should use on Virtues.
- The ring created by a triggered deals more damage than the initial trigger, and a significant portion of your burst damage comes from pulling/pushing foes through it.
- Drop the trap preferably at your target's feet so that they spring it immediately and not after you already blew a CC. Consider jumping in with if they were far away.
- Push them outside the ring with either or .
- Pull them back in with (secondary skill of ).
- If possible, swap weapons and use the other knockback skill too that you didn't 2 steps before.
- can also be used defensively as it's an instant cast skill that's also usable while stunned and grants Protection. If you're not going to combo it for some reason and don't need it defensively either, try to drop it at the edge of the capture point - this should limit your opponents' movement and make it harder not to cross it, potentially baiting out dodges.
- is unblockable and can be used to interrupt blocking skills thanks to .
- removes a total of 5 conditions and gives a substantial heal to you and your teammates, use it often. It's also an excellent mobility tool in combat.
- breaks stun and blocks all attacks in front of you, use it to relive pressure from you and your team - for example, you can stand facing foes attempting to cleave downed teammates while you or your team is reviving them. If you are not getting focused hard you should try to keep it for situations where your team need to rez or stomp.
- The reason is so good on Longbow is that the boon removal happens before the damage is calculated, which means on an enemy with Protection can rip Protection and do full damage. The same is true for hitting an enemy with , the boon strip can allow you to CC targets who have Stability.
- Try to burn through all of your virtues before resorting to . RF is a great skill to use if you're being focues by the enemy team and you don't have any CDs left. Just keep in mind that this skill makes you lose capture point contribution for its duration.
- This is the defensive set of the build, but still has some hard hitting skills.
- The main source of burst damage here comes from . Note that the projectiles can be very unreliable in anything but melee range. Always try to use it after swapping weapons to get the most out of (except if you need to cleave a downed body, then use the quickness to auto attack).
- has many uses: vertical mobility via teleportation, symbol for cleaving, or a combo field which can be used for AoE cleansing by executing a blast finisher in it.
- Use when you or an ally is about to be focused by the enemy, or if you're already pressured. It also applies boons in a cone, try to aim it at as many allies as possible.
- As mentioned above, is mainly a combo tool, but you can also use it for general CC (even neutralizing enemy points) or to defend against some ranged attacks. It forms a dome around you for a couple of seconds, blocking projectiles. You can choose to detonate the dome with its chain skill, which will cause a bit of AoE healing.
- High sustain builds such as Mender Druids will outlast it in 1v1s.
- Stealth Trapper - the WvW Roaming version of the build.
- Meditrapper Roamer - another WvW build, but this one doesn't focus on traps.
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade