Firebrand - Condi DPS
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Skillbar
- 3 Traits
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Consumables
- 6 Usage
- 7 Encounter Specific Tips
A condition DPS build for Firebrand in fractals and raids. This build can inflict massive AoE Burning bursts with , which resets on killing (most) enemies. This makes it one of the burstiest condition damage builds and very strong if it can consistently reset .
- or can be swapped out for more utility. In general should be swapped out, but it will deal more damage than on encounters that have phases below 25 seconds as well as split phases long enough to regain all three charges.
- With virtues, your tome comes off cooldown quickly enough that barely offers a dps increase, thus you could bring for better Fury and Quickness uptime, or for Stability and a group stunbreak.
- You could run for more support and personal sustain.
- can be taken for more DPS, with some caveats:
- It has slower burst, so phases need to be 20+ seconds long.
- The rotation may not line up on encounters where you get tome resets via (e.g. some bosses in wings 1-2, most fractals).
- If you have three or more firebrands in the same subgroup, you may not be able to expend
- or ascended variants
- or for a cheaper alternative
The basic idea is to maintain high symbol uptime while spamming Burning with , and . When is not available, axe skills are used to fill the downtime.
Your default state will be to autoattack in axe and using and as filler. Use your and off cooldown. You should be able to use three times between each Tome Burst.
Immediately after using your 2 casts of , you may perform a Tome Burst if it is available.
- If you have available, you may do another tome burst (below). If it is unavailable, use and another before returning to axe.
Archivist of Whispers Tome Burst
- Wait for
- Wait for
- While waiting, continue to use utility skills such as as they come off cooldown.
- If you have available, you may do another tome burst (below). If it is unavailable, use before returning to axe.
Renewed Focus Tome Burst
- during the channel of
- x2 (second throw assumes triggered)
- Repeat Tome Burst
- if is still on cooldown
- Return to axe
- Try to always place a immediately before entering as well as immediately before swapping back to axe.
- All mantras are instant cast and should be used while performing the rest of the rotation.
- and should be used in place of autoattacks when up. You should throw the free you get from as well.
- is not affected by Alacrity, but is. This means they have approximately the same cooldown so if you activate when it comes off cooldown and wait until triggers, you can throw both in quick succession.
- Make sure to always complete your auto attack chain while on Axe
Encounter Specific Tips
- Use on Scepter to Immobilize Seekers that are getting too close.
- Make sure not to face Seekers when using to ensure you don't pull them into the group.
- You can bring to provide some Quickness in the split phase, if you will not have any other source.
- can be used to invuln the damage if you are skipping greens.
- can block the blue teleports (if you are not standing in multiple AoEs).
- If you don't trust your healers, you can bring to heal up after a skipped green.
- can be used to quickly recover after a skipped green, or at the end of the split phase.
- The split phase guardian will reset your when they die, so you don't need to save it for the main phase.
For more information, see our Vale Guardian Guide.
For more information, see our Spirit Woods Guide.
- can be used to Gorseval's slams. Make sure you're standing a little behind your group to share the Aegis with them too.
- can be used to pull the little spirits into Gorseval to they can be cleaved down.
- During the split phase, use on the big spirits to prevent them moving into Gorseval.
- During the later parts of the encounter it may be worth dropping your on the Orbs to prevent them expanding into the group.
For more information, see our Gorseval the Multifarious Guide.
- Bandit Sappers will reset your when they die. They spawn opposite the cannons every 30 seconds, and you can use after you finish your tome burst to pull them into the group. Make sure the sapper has thrown its bomb before doing this however if you don't want to skip the cannon.
- Keep an eye on bandits during the flamewall attack and use to provide Aegis to your subgroup to prevent getting kicked into the flamewall.
For more information, see our Sabetha the Saboteur Guide.
- Use to pull slublings (NOT the friendly slubling) into the stack.
- Slublings reset your when they die, so be on the lookout for stray ones to pull in.
- can block the Fear after the defiance bar is broken.
- If you are the only firebrand in the squad, you might want to bring to provide 10-target stability for the Fear.
- can be used while jumping in Slothasor's hitbox to block the spores from the shake attack.
- can be used to quickly cleanse conditions if people are hit by the shake attack}}
- If slubling pressure is too high, then
For more information, see our Slothasor Guide.
- is worth taking to reduce general annoyance from the various bandit CCs.
For more information, see our Bandit Trio Guide.
- You can be the group's primary reflect if you bring . Note that you must place the wall inside Matthias' hitbox, or the targeted person will need to remain still in order to ensure all the shards are reflected correctly.
- if you are not the main reflect, you can be a backup by using
- can block the hadouken attack. Note that this attack multihits, so try to move towards it as it launches.
- If your group's CC is bad, take to easily break the sacrifice. Matthias will no longer try to sacrifice players in the abomination phase, so you can use it to block the Shards of Rage attack instead (make sure not the block the bubble attack).
- Matthias will Fear the whole squad when transitioning into the abomination phase. If it's available, enter and apply as much Stability and Resolution to your group as possible to protect against this.
For more information, see our Matthias Gabrel Guide.
Stronghold of the Faithful
- is worth taking to reduce general annoyance from the various White Mantle CCs.
For more information, see our Escort Guide.
- can block the damage and knockdown from the jump attack.
- can be used to pull the orb into a rift.
- Slightly delay after the orb collecting phase and drop it on the group and KC when it starts using phantasmal blades to cleanse the Confusion and Torment from your subgroup.
For more information, see our Keep Construct Guide.
- is worth taking to reduce general annoyance from the various White Mantle CCs.
For more information, see our Twisted Castle Guide.
- Use to pull adds into the stack.
- Use during the split phase and on the "puzzle islands" to clear condis, provide Swiftness, and keep everyone alive.
- You can help clear shards with without having to run into the AoEs.
For more information, see our Xera Guide.
Bastion of the Penitent
- can block the teleports (if you are not standing in multiple AoEs).
- If you have no other source of Stability, you can bring to help your group to skip greens.
- If you are skipping greens and is not off cooldown, you can use to provide some Stability to your subgroup instead.
For more information, see our Cairn the Indomitable Guide.
For more information, see our Mursaat Overseer Guide.
- can be used to block Samarog's sweep attack if people are unable to get out of the way of it. Note that this attack hits twice so you may need to expend a second charge after the first sweep.
- If your group's CC is lacking, you can bring . Try to drop it on the target of Brutalize to provide some incidental healing as well as CC.
For more information, see our Samarog Guide.
- can block the pizza attack, as well as Mind Crush in an emergency (or CM).
- When blocking Mind Crush rather than hiding in the dome, you will take ticking damage for 10 seconds afterwards, so will be useful to keep people alive.
- If you are responsible for Aegis but struggling with timing or positioning, then you may need to take as the duration and AoE are much larger.
- can be used to Immobilize Prides to keep them away from Saul.
For more information, see our Deimos Guide.
Hall of Chains
- Make sure not to pull the Tormented Dead into the group with .
- After the Tormented Dead has been knocked, you can use to keep it Immobilized at range.
- Most attacks at Soulless Horror can be blocked with . In particular look out for Vortex Slash and Death Bloom.
- can be useful in dealing with conditions if people are hit by scythes or the Tormented Dead AoE.
- If CC is severely lacking, you could take to help.
For more information, see our Soulless Horror Guide.
- You could bring as an emergency heal.
For more information, see our River of Souls Guide.
- Do not run on the eyes, as the Daze will overwrite the orb stun.
For more information, see our Statues of Grenth Guide.
- You can use
For more information, see our Dhuum Guide.
- can be used to block the arm slams.
- Use to pull in swords and CC shields.
For more information, see our Conjured Amalgamate Guide.
For more information, see our Sorting and Appraisal Guide.
- Most attacks can be blocked with , though be careful of standing on multiple AoEs (e.g. bubbles and Geyser) or attacks that multihit (e.g. shockwave and charge).
- As it's hard to maintain DPS during Nikare's charge, use or to heal and clear condis, or provide extra toughness and Protection.
- The breakbar attack fires out projectiles than can be blocked with
- The Largos are Exposed for eight seconds after being broken, so it may be beneficial to try your burst to coincide with this - if you enter your tome as the breakbar appears this should be approximately the correct timing.
For more information, see our Largos Assassins Guide.
- can be used to pull Magma Elementals (either into the group or away, depending on strategy).
- If the squad is really struggling to prevent the Lava Elementals from reaching Qadim, you could consider bringing as this will prevent them from being able to enter his hitbox for five seconds. Be aware that this will also push Magma Elementals out, so be very careful when you use it.
For more information, see our Qadim Guide.
The Key of Ahdashim
- is a good choice here as Sabir cannot be damaged during one of his defiance bars, so breaking it quickly is a group DPS increase.
- will allow you to invuln through some shockwaves and hold on to the damage buff.
For more information, see our Cardinal Sabir Guide.
For more information, see our Cardinal Adina Guide.