Herald - Celestial Herald Roamer
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Designed for: WvW Roaming
A Celestial Mallyx Herald build designed for WvW Roaming, bringing excepptional survivability and high sustained damage to the table.
- can be taken for a more sustain.
- over Hydromancy - take Cleansing if you need more condition removal.
- - great all around stat boost and damage mitigation.
- and other similar Oyster consumables are fairly cheap on the Trading post if you don't have ascended cooking.
- - better endurance regen, more access to dodging (and thus better condition cleansing too with Salvation).
- - slightly worse endurance regen than that of the Orrian Truffle food, but the constant healing ensures effortless uptime.
- Optimal: or , whichever is cheaper (the difference beween them is negligible, a grand total of 2 condition damage stat in favor of Tuning Icicle).
- Budget: either from Canned Food Crates found in WvW s or purchased from the Permanent Portable Provisioner.
- Invoking a legend resets energy to 50, procs various traits such as or , and could even trigger the sigils of your active weapon set (if they are not on CD) among other things. Swapping legends is basically the main resource management tool in the build - swap whenever you're out of CDs or low on energy. That's not all however, on Mallyx builds legend swapping may also be used to do AoE burst damage or manage conditions on yourself.
- Start on Dragon stance (Glint) and while still in the base activate the following 4 upkeep skills for party buffing:
- (use its active when your energy is about to hit 0)
- In combat is used for dealing with conditions. On Mallyx transfers conditions to nearby enemies which is the main purpose of the skill in this build.
- Swapping legends deactivates the upkeep skills of that legend without sending them on full CD.
- can be used to knock downed opponents away from their rezzing teammates.
- Most of the damage coems from Mace and Mallyx.
- Chain ⇒ in order to stack Might. Use these two weapon skills on CD.
- is great for setting up this combo, making sure both skills hit your target.
- is a strong and cheap offensive ability, not only removing boons but also pressuring targets via procs.
- is the best CC skill in the build, capable of balling up an entire team or pulling enemies off the highground. While it doesn't do much damage on its own, if you have enough allies around you may consider abusing this skill as much as possible to harass the enemy team and set up kills.
- is a great followup for CoA. While generally viewed as a single target ability, it's capable of hitting multiple foes if they are close enough to each other.
- should be activated before unloading weapon skills whenever your energy allows it.
- serves as a gapcloser in the build, but the second part can deal decent damage.
Self Sustain & Disengaging
- Every Mallyx skill has a chance to proc Resistance on a 5s ICD. Other sources of Resistance include swapping legends with equipped.
- is basically your third healing skill. It heals for a fair amount, blocks attacks and cleanses conditions.
- aimed at your character heals for a small amount and grants Protection.
- Dodge rolling removes conditions.
- is the most reliable skill to use if you want quick access to Resistance. It's also a great support skill in general, removing conditions from allies and granting them Resistance.
- will be your best mobility tool and on some maps can be used to leap to places where enemies can't follow (or at least, not easily).
- 's chain effect is your jail free card - makes you immortal for the duration by converting all incoming damage into healing. Some players may stop pressuring you once Face of Light's been activated, in this case you should just wait a couple of seconds before using Infuse Light. Make sure you get at least 10k healing out of this skill, try to predict when burst is coming and use Facet of Light in advance - FoL has a cast time thus cannot be used while stunned, while Infuse is instant.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium