Herald - Hybrid Mallyx Roamer
Welcome to the Builds Archive. See the ones that gathered dust, were orphaned by their original writers, or became obsolete by balance patches. We keep the orphan builds together and salute the veteran builds that held a position in the good, great, or meta categories. Click here to view current builds.
Designed for: WvW Roaming
A Hybrid Herald build designed for WvW Roaming.
You can swap out the sword/shield combo for a staff when taking havoc-size fights, where is very powerful against downed enemies.
- can be taken for a more tanky option.
Every Grandmaster tier trait is viable depending on the situation:
- adds some AoE pressure, you're free to take it if you're not afraid of incoming condition pressure.
- works best against builds with heavy condition pressure but no boon removal.
- is somewhere inbetween the other two traits, mixing both defense and offense. Best option when facing condition builds with heavy boon removal, such as Necromancers and other Mallyx players.
- Take if conditions are a bigger problem for you than CC.
- can be considered when taking staff to provide more group might uptime.
- - better defense against conditions and some general sustain.
- - pure damage.
- If you can get the Ascended version of this, use this instead.
- - extra sustain without losing too much pressure.
- Invoking a legend resets energy to 50, procs various traits such as or , and could even trigger the sigils of your active weapon set (if they are not on CD) among other things. Swapping legends is basically the main resource management tool in the build - swap whenever you're out of CDs or low on energy. That's not all however, on Mallyx builds legend swapping may also be used to do AoE burst damage or manage conditions on yourself.
- Start on Dragon stance (Glint) and while still in the base activate the following 4 upkeep skills for party buffing:
- (use its active when your energy is about to hit 0)
- In combat is used for dealing with conditions. On Mallyx transfers conditions to nearby enemies, while on Glint it extends the duration of boons on nearby allies, which is best used when you have Resistance.
- Swapping legends deactivates the upkeep skills of that legend without sending them on full CD.
- The build is designed to passively maintain 25 stacks of Might for most of the fight. This is primarily done through and maintaining .
- can be used to knock downed opponents away from their rezzing teammates, or to knock them off of capture points - this allows you to take the cap while bleeding them out, delaying their respawn.
- Most of the damage coems from Mace and Mallyx.
- Chain ⇒ in order to stack Might. Use these two weapon skills on CD.
- is great for setting up this combo, making sure both skills hit your target.
- is a strong and cheap offensive ability, not only removing boons but also pressuring targets via procs. Spamming this could set up a kill for your allies as you're getting rid of all the target's boons, while in mirror matchups this gets rid of Resistance on your opponents while also occasionally giving you Resistance through .
- is the best CC skill in the build, capable of balling up an entire team or pulling enemies off the highground. While it doesn't do much damage on its own, if you have enough allies around you may consider abusing this skill as much as possible to harass the enemy team and set up kills.
- is a great followup for CoA. While generally viewed as a single target ability, it's capable of hitting multiple foes if they are close enough to each other.
- won't be used much, your energy is generally better used for other Mallyx skills. There are a few exceptions, like running low on energy and wanting to proc (or , if taken) for Resistance, or not having energy for anything else and you're about to switch legends in a matter of seconds so might as well throw it into your burst rotation.
Self Sustain & Disengaging
- Every Mallyx skill has a chance to proc Resistance on a 5s ICD. Other sources of Resistance include swapping legends with equipped or using an elite skill to proc 's 6th bonus (if taken).
- is basically your third healing skill. It heals for a fair amount, blocks attacks and cleanses conditions.
- aimed at your character heals for a small amount and grants Protection.
- is the most reliable skill to use if you want quick access to Resistance. It's also a great support skill in general, removing conditions from allies and granting them Resistance.
- will be your best mobility tool and on some maps can be used to leap to places where enemies can't follow (or at least, not easily).
- 's chain effect is your jail free card - makes you immortal for the duration by converting all incoming damage into healing. Some players may stop pressuring you once Face of Light's been activated, in this case you should just wait a couple of seconds before using Infuse Light. Make sure you get at least 10k healing out of this skill, try to predict when burst is coming and use Facet of Light in advance - FoL has a cast time thus cannot be used while stunned, while Infuse is instant.
- Twitch: sim_souls
- Condition Mallyx Roamer - a tanky, purely condition focused version.
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade