Mirage - Axe Mirage
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Focused on: Condition damage
A condition based Mirage open world build that focuses on Confusion and Torment. Although staff-staff mirage is undoubtedly the best mirage build for open world, axe mirage can potentially do more damage when played in groups providing essential boons.
Axe mirage is very elusive, perhaps even disorienting, and complex, requiring a great deal of learning before it can start to shine.
- Focus - Utility offhand; allows you to group mobs.
- - additional mirage cloaks
and provide the highest damage through their passive effects (you almost never activate them). But they're quite boring and other options can be considered at the expense of damage. Crystal Sands is great for damage but can also be changed if desired.
- - easier to use than Crystal Sands, but less damage overall. It also retargets your clones, although this generally isn't that useful as this build has high clone generation.
- - defensive alternative to Crystal Sands
- - if conditions are a problem.
- - to reflect projectiles.
- - can be useful with coordinated groups.
- When fighting bosses or other though enemies where you don't need to be spamming clones so often, you can change your Duelling traits to + for more damage.
This set uses the same gear as Build:Mirage - Condi DPS, making it a good option for general PVE.
- With 13 expertise infusions and condition damage food, this build reches 99,87% condition duration.
- Infusions are not required for open world. Simply use expertise food like to reach 97,53% condition duration
- Note that you also need Regeneration for , but this build has permanent regeneration thanks to .
It is never recommended to replace either of your sigils.
- Trailblazer - trades some damage for a massive amount of defense
- Celestial - trades damage for defense, retains some strike-base burst compared to Trailblazer
- - use 5 of these + 1 Black Diamond as a budget replacement for Nightmare
Budget consumables are acceptable for use in open world.
- Prioritize Flatbread Ascended food.
- Prioritize Flatbread Ascended food.
- (and variants)
is the profession mechanic of the mirage. Whenever you dodge or pick up a , you enter Mirage Cloak for 0,75 seconds, dodging incoming attacks. You also gain access to Ambush skills for 1,5 seconds, which replace your first weapon skill. Mirage Cloak does not have a cast time, allowing mirages to dodge at any time, such as when casting a skill, when reviving someone, but cannot be used while under the effects of hard crowd control.
- Phantasms become clones after attacking, so and will each summon 1 clone.
- summons 1 clone when used in melee range, but be mindful of the forced movement, don't charge into enemy AoEs.
- Dodging while in combat will summon 1 clone at your location that attacks the nearest target due to , and it will immediately use its Ambush skill due to .
- Since your clones are very important in this build, you can time your dodges to make your clones dodge dangerous attacks thanks to . This trait also stunbreaks your clones when you dodge.
This build deals damage mainly through Torment, with some Confusion and Bleeding as well. A significant percentage of its damage comes from having clones alive not only because their auto attacks apply conditions just like the mirage's, but also because thanks to they will use their Ambush skills whenever the mirage does, with axe that would be . Strive to having 3 clones up during fights. is the main source of clones, but and phantasms (which become clones after attacking) also help. Use your phantasms off cooldown.
After creating 3 clones, start weaving the ambush attack in between the other skills. It will not interrupt the auto attack chain unless used inside the enemy's hitbox, as this ancient bug yet remains to be fixed. Ideally, you will use Imaginary Axes after every full auto attack chain. Ambush attacks can only be cast inside Mirage Cloak, which is gained when dodging or walking into a Mirage Mirror. Weaponswap whenever your endurance is below 50% to trigger .
Use your shatter to inflict large amounts of damage through Confusion, but quickly rebuild your 3 clones afterwards. can also be used for damage, particularly if the enemy is about to die. As for and , save them for whenever you need their effects. Alternatively, if you don't need their utility, you can greed damage by using them after your F2 or F1 to trigger and some boons through .
Notes and tips
- Note that the additional axe from is also triggered with your final auto attack , which also inflicts a large duration of Bleeding and Torment. That's why it's so important to try to not interrupt your auto attack chain.
- Be careful with . Due to , if you dodge while the strike of Axes of Symmetry is happening, you will interrupt your clones who will be forced to cast the ambush skill, and they will not inflict confusion from Axes of Symmetry.
- is a whirl finisher. It can be used inside ethereal fields (such as from should you use that trait) to inflict a little bit more confusion.
- You can dodge and enter Mirage Cloak whenever you want. Even while attacking, or while gathering, or reviving an enemy, but not while under the effects of hard crowd control. can be used at any time.
- and are taken for their passive effects. You should only use their active effects on emergencies.
- Use to cleanse conditions.
- Abuse your or for frequent dodges.
- - can provide a strong stunbreak.
- You dodge often so use that to your advantage. Your dodges are: , , , going through your , and of course your default evade skill.
- A good alternative to evade attacks is to teleport out of it by using or .
- (as a last resort)
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium