Ranger - Core Longbow Roamer
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Focused on: Strike damage
Designed for: WvW Roaming
A Power Ranger burst build for WvW roaming with decent sustain provided by Wilderness Survival. Can be used by F2P players as well.
Skill Bar Variants
For the optional slot:
- - a stun break on a short CD which also grants a significant amount of barrier.
- - the signet's useful against any build that relies on blocking or projectile reflection for survival. Consider taking on Marksmanship.
- - if you want a panic button that helps you live through any amount of direct damage.
- Tiger can replace Rock Gazelle if you own Heart of Thorns but not Path of Fire. If you have both of these expansions then it's just a matter of personal preference, Tiger works great with the GS burst combo.
If you're F2P and do not own any of the expansions, take the following pets (these pets are also viable if you do own them):
- Wolf for the first pet.
- Owl for the second.
- Take if you want to focus more on Longbow bursts, or just don't want to work with .
- - if you either want to trade sustain for damage, or can't afford Durability runes just yet.
- - highest burst potential.
- - 100% crit chance on your entire burst, works on both sets.
- - consistent damage boost.
- - passive damage mitigation and great stats.
- - defensive food with Wilderness Survival synergy.
- Budget version:
- or .
- Dodging applies Protection, which also heals thanks to the trait .
- Survival skills cure 2 conditions and grant Fury. can cleanse 4, because it triggers another Survival skill from .
- Use for mobility.
- has many uses.
- It can be used offensively for the Quickness, most notably to boost , , or Greatsword autos for downed cleave.
- Defensively by keeping your pet swap ready in case you need to cleanse 2 conditions.
- Alternatively the Superspeed can help you escape damage or chase down targets while on Greatsword.
- Pet swapping acts as a Blast finisher thanks to . Being instant, you can have Smokescale place a under you (even while you're stunned), and swap pets for AoE stealth.
- is the easiest way to gain stealth in this build, but if the projectile misses then it won't be applied. To reduce the chance of that happening (and considering how the damage of this skill is horrible) you should fire it at pets, mesmer clones, and other AI whenever possible. Alternatively, use it to quickly get rid of Blind or Aegis because it's the fastest projectile on this weapon.
- is extremely useful against direct damage spikes, but you have to use it proactively and sometimes even predict when the burst is coming. Use it too late and it's wasted, too soon and your opponent can just delay its plan until the signet runs out.
- Using before a burst makes it less likely to get interrupted whilst also increasing your damage.
- Most of the build revolves around burst combos and just surviving / using fillers inbetween.
The Longbow burst combo is rather simple:
Greatsword burst combo:
- Already in combat, pet swap to Rock Gazelle or Tiger (depending on which one you chose), this is going to trigger which grants Fury and Quickness. Fury gives you for increased damage.
- Use and your pet F2 attack about the same time. Maul will give your pet for its next attack. Your pet should hit a split second after you've landed Maul.
- your target for CC, hopefully a proc, and to refresh Maul.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium