Soulbeast - Sic 'Em Roamer
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Designed for: WvW Roaming
A Soulbeast power build for WvW roaming which takes adventage of 's synergy with Beastmode to pump out damage and deny Stealth access.
For the optional slot or even instead of "Sic 'Em!" (if more sustain is needed):
- - great option against any type of pressure, especially CC.
- - a defensive choice that's useful in any situation.
- - strong damage mitigation and another stun break.
- - a more defensive elite that still offers a damage boost.
- Siamoth over Owl - trades mobility and healing for a CC, a brief immunity against direct damage, and a skill which lets you gamble for an item that grants boons or stealth.
- - if you either want to trade sustain for damage, or can't afford Durability runes just yet.
- - highest burst potential.
Sigil of Severance and Bloodlust can be replaced by:
- - more cleansing in case you're having trouble dealing with conditions.
- - 100% crit chance on your entire burst.
- - strong mix of sustain and damage.
- - more evasion uptime and synergy.
- Budget version:
- - cheap option with a nice crit chance boost and frequent, armor ignoring damage procs that also heal you.
- or .
Elite specialization basics
- Soulbeast allows Rangers to meld/merge with their pet, becoming one. This is done through which has a 10s CD.
- Traits related to swapping pets now activate upon entering/leaving .
- Pet related traits and skills such as continue to function even while merged, but this time you'll be the one who benefits from them, not the pet (although sometimes the effects are lessened).
- IMPORTANT: skills that affect your pet like have to be used after merging if you wish to benefit from them, already active skill effects will be lost just like when swapping pets.
- Dodging applies Protection, which also heals thanks to the trait . reduces the condition damage you take by 20% while affected by this boon.
- Survival skills cure 2 conditions and grant Fury. Your healing, cleanses 4 because it procs .
- Beastmode grants a flat 30% movement speed boost.
- has many uses.
- It can be used offensively for the Quickness, most notably to boost , , or Greatsword autos for downed cleave.
- Defensively by keeping your ready in case you need to cleanse 2 conditions.
- Alternatively the Superspeed can help you escape damage or chase down targets while on Greatsword.
- Try to be on Greatsword when you kill players and NPCs alike in order to build up stacks.
- passively maintains a high uptime of healing reduction on your target.
- Owl is for sustain/mobility while Smokescale's mainly for damage, offering you great offensive stats as well as new damaging and CC skills.
- Smokescale's could be used both offensively (delivering damage while making it impossible to kite you) and defensively (it's an instant cast evade frame).
- is a great setup for or .
- Owl adds some extra mobility for chasing people or disengaging from fights via .
- Owl's F3 is your second healing skill and also a potent support tool when roaming in a group.
- Don't forget to unmerge once beast skills are on CD or you're done with your burst combo, as you have greater DPS while you let your pets attack your enemies.
- If taken used while in Beastmode will grant you Might on each hit you land. -especially against multiple targets- can quickly build up 25 stacks of Might which is best used on (Longbow), (Greatsword), or (Beastmode).
- will grant Attack of Opportunity to you while melded, this is best used for boosting 's damage.
- The optimal burst combo is fairly straightforward:
- Make sure you have Fury by the time you'll unload your Longbow skills.
- Pop before the burst.
- Get Quickness from either or (if taken).
- for some extra stats.
- Optional, if taken
- which boosts the Soulbeast's own damage if used in Beastmode.
- to increase the chance of landing your burst and to proc .
- for damage.
- Sic 'Em Sniper - the Conquest PvP version of the build.
- Core Longbow Roamer - core, F2P roaming version.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium