Soulbeast - Sic 'Em Roamer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
For the optional slot or even instead of "Sic 'Em!" (if more sustain is needed):
- - a defensive choice that's useful in any situation.
- - great option against CC and even helpful against conditions.
- - strong damage mitigation and another stun break, but keep in mind that you won't receive the barrier in Beastmode!
- - if you either want to trade sustain for damage, or can't afford Durability runes just yet.
- - highest burst potential.
Sigil of Severance and Bloodlust can be replaced by:
- - 100% crit chance on your entire burst.
- Budget version:
- Budget version:
Elite specialization basics
- Soulbeast allows Rangers to meld with their pet, becoming one. This is done through which has a 10s CD.
- Pet swapping is disabled while in combat. Choosing which pet you want to keep in combat depends on personal preference, both Smokescale and Gazelle are viable options. Smokescale is a bit more defensive while Gazelle offers better burst.
- Traits related to swapping pets now activate upon entering/leaving .
- Pet related traits and skills such as continue to function even while merged, but this time you'll be the one who benefits from them, not the pet (although sometimes the effects are lessened).
- IMPORTANT: skills that affect your pet like have to be used after merging if you wish to benefit from them, already active skill effects will be lost just like when swapping pets.
- used while in Beastmode will grant you Might on each hit you land. -especially against multiple targets- can quickly build up 25 stacks of Might which is best used on (Longbow), (Greatsword), or (Beastmode).
- Merging with the pet is usually kept for delivering burst damage but has a few other applications as well, like mobility from Gazelle or instant evasion through Smokescale's Smoke Assault. You can also meld with dead pets and then exit the form to instantly revive them.
- If you don't have a mount, should be used on CD while out of combat for the Swiftness from . In combat, to get the most out of the fact that it can grant you extra boons, try to use it if your pet has Protection and Quickness. In Beastmode, this grants you your boons again.
- Dodging applies Protection, which also heals thanks to the trait . reduces the condition damage you take by 20% while affected by this boon.
- Survival skills cure 2 conditions and grant Fury. Your healing skill is a shout, but will still cleanse 2 conditions because it procs .
- Greatsword and Owl's beast mode allow for great mobility and disengaging/kiting. Beastmode in general grants a flat 30% movement speed boost on its own.
- If taken is extremely useful against direct damage spikes, but you have to use it proactively and sometimes even predict when the burst is coming. Use it too late and it's wasted, too soon and your opponent can just delay its plan until the signet runs out.
- has many uses.
- It can be used offensively for the Quickness, most notably to boost , , or Greatsword autos for downed cleave.
- Defensively by keeping your Can't find such skill "Beast Mode"! Please refer to our skill index. ready in case you need to cleanse 2 conditions.
- Alternatively the Superspeed can help you escape damage or chase down targets while on Greatsword.
- Try to be on Greatsword when you kill players and NPCs alike in order to build up stacks.
- will grant Attack of Opportunity to you while melded, this is best used for boosting 's damage.
- Smoke Assault can be used as an instant source of evasion in case you run out of dodges. The damage it does isn't bad either, but not that significant unless all attacks land on the same target.
- The optimal burst combo is fairly straightforward:
- Make sure you have Fury by the time you'll unload your Longbow skills.
- Get Quickness from either or (if taken).
- for some extra stats and unblockable attacks for a short while.
- which boosts the Soulbeast's own damage if used in Beastmode.
- to increase the chance of landing your burst and to proc .
- for damage.