Soulbeast - Sic 'Em Roamer
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Designed for: WvW Roaming
An iconic Soulbeast Power build for WvW roaming which takes advantage of 's synergy with Beastmode to pump out massive burst damage and deny Stealth access for enemies.
For the optional slot or even instead of "Sic 'Em!" (if more sustain is needed):
- - a defensive choice that's useful in any situation.
- - strong damage mitigation and another stunbreak.
- - unblockable burst combos.
- - defensive skill with more evasion.
- - a more defensive elite that still offers a damage boost.
Owl is taken for its ehanced mobility and healing, allowing you to chase and disengage more effectively or stay survive for longer in general. Other viable options include:
- Siamoth - trades mobility and healing for a CC, a brief immunity against direct damage, and a skill which lets you gamble for an item that grants boons or stealth.
- Boar - similar to Siamoth but it's purely an offensive pet. In it has an AoE pull that also roots enemies, perfectly setting up its rather hard hitting .
- could increase your damage if you feel like you'll have enough Fury uptime even without . Spotter's real strength is that it procs when you enter combat, so you'll always have Fury to cover your opener. During combat it's less important, you can get Fury from several other sources.
- sacrifices flexibility and healing for higher burst damage.
- is worth taking when playing with Boar, the extra Quickness works really well with the pet's Beastmode burst combo.
- Knight stat weapons are taken to make the build a bit less squishy. You can go full Marauder too for slightly higher damage at the expense of survivability.
- Full Marauder with could achieve similar results to the current setup.
- - makes the build more durable without sacrificing too much damage.
- - almost the same damage as Scholar, if you're low on gold just buy whichever's cheaper.
- over Cleansing on Longbow - increased damage for less defense against conditions.
- - a damage boost that's easy to maintain in combat, but can be hard to get value out of if you're chasing down a low health enemy for example.
- - on-demand damage boost whenever you use a stance skill. Could give you slightly higher burst damage than Fireworks in exchange for lower uptime on the damage boost.
- - strong mix of sustain and damage.
- - more evasion uptime and synergy.
- Budget version:
- - cheap option with a nice crit chance boost and frequent, armor ignoring damage procs that also heal you.
- or .
Elite specialization basics
- Soulbeast allows Rangers to meld/merge with their pet, becoming one. This is done through which has a 10s CD.
- Traits related to swapping pets now activate upon entering/leaving .
- Pet related traits and skills such as continue to function even while merged, but this time you'll be the one who benefits from them, not the pet (although sometimes the effects are lessened).
- IMPORTANT: skills that affect your pet like have to be used after merging if you wish to benefit from them, already active skill effects will be lost just like when swapping pets.
- Don't trust the wording of , some Beastmode F1-3 skills can also proc the damage bonus not just weapon skills.
- Beastmode grants a flat 30% movement speed boost.
- allows you to be more flexible with your Beastmode usage by letting you swap pets while merged. With this you can adapt to situations much better.
- Pet swapping with can be used offensively for the Quickness, most notably to boost , , or Greatsword autos for downed cleave. The Superspeed could also help you escape damage or chase down targets while on Greatsword.
- With you can activate this trait even while swapping pets in Beastmode, provided that it isn't on CD.
- Sometimes you might want to get greedy with . While this is your last resort option against condition bursts, it's also great at keeping things like Weakness, Chill and Blind off of you. If you're chasing a low HP target and you want to secure a kill, Bear Stance could ensure that you get to deal damage without any hinderance. You could even combine it with to make yourself immune to hard CC too.
- Of course this is a bit of a gamble, if the target survives your burst you'll be left without your strongest defensive CDs so the plan might backfire.
- Weapon swapping with is your first line of defense against conditions. Consider using or beforehand to get rid of non-damaging conditions, increasing the chance of Cleansing sigil removing damaging ones.
- is there to bail you out when conditions are beginning to overwhelm you. In condition matchups if you need to heal but don't want to waste your only mass cleanse consider using Owl's first while keeping Bear Stance for emergencies.
- Owl is for sustain/mobility while Smokescale's mainly for damage, offering you great offensive stats as well as new damaging and CC skills.
- Smokescale's could be used both offensively (delivering damage while making it impossible to kite you) and defensively (it's an instant cast evade frame).
- is a great setup for or .
- Owl adds some extra mobility for chasing people or disengaging from fights via .
- Owl's F3 is your second healing skill and also a potent support tool when roaming in a group. This is quite handy when playing against some Power-based specs as it can make up for the lost healing when there are no conditions on your for to consume.
- Don't forget to unmerge once beast skills are on CD or you're done with your burst combo, as you have greater DPS while you let your pets attack your enemies.
- When playing with Boar, its Beatmode ability will be on of your primary burst skills. Hits hard, has a short cast time and a very subtle animation most people won't even notice.
- If taken used while in Beastmode will grant you Might on each hit you land. -especially against multiple targets - can quickly build up 25 stacks of Might which is best used on (Longbow), (Greatsword), or (Beastmode).
- will grant Attack of Opportunity to you while melded, this is best used for boosting 's damage.
- should always be used in . It's a really strong burst CD that also denies stealth access for enemies.
- is your other burst CD, adding extra damage to every hit you score on a target. This is best used with and which deliver multiple attacks in rapid succession. Smokescale's also has great synergy with this.
- and are your main burst skills, every other weapon skill can be considered filler compared to these.
Greatsword burst combo example:
- while merged with Smokescale.
- to refresh Maul and CC the target
- , this also gives you a damage boost for your next attack in Beastmode
Longbow burst combo example:
- Sic 'Em Sniper - the Conquest PvP version of the build.
- Core Longbow Roamer - core, F2P roaming version.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium