Soulbeast - Sic 'Em Roamer
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Designed for: WvW Roaming
A Soulbeast power build for WvW roaming which takes adventage of 's synergy with Beastmode to pump out damage and deny Stealth access.
Skill Bar Variants
For the optional slot or even instead of "Sic 'Em!" (if more sustain is needed):
- - great option against any type of pressure, especially CC.
- - a defensive choice that's useful in any situation.
- - strong damage mitigation and another stun break.
- - a more defensive elite that still offers a damage boost.
- - if you either want to trade sustain for damage, or can't afford Durability runes just yet.
- - highest burst potential.
Sigil of Severance and Bloodlust can be replaced by:
- - more cleansing in case you're having trouble dealing with conditions.
- - 100% crit chance on your entire burst.
- - strong mix of sustain and damage.
- - more evasion uptime and synergy.
- Budget version:
- or .
Elite specialization basics
- Soulbeast allows Rangers to meld with their pet, becoming one. This is done through which has a 10s CD.
- Pet swapping is disabled while in combat. Use Smokescale as your combat pet. Consider swapping to gazelle once you're downed (you can swap pets while downed) to interrupt stomp attemps in case there is a chance for you to get revived.
- Traits related to swapping pets now activate upon entering/leaving .
- Pet related traits and skills such as continue to function even while merged, but this time you'll be the one who benefits from them, not the pet (although sometimes the effects are lessened).
- IMPORTANT: skills that affect your pet like have to be used after merging if you wish to benefit from them, already active skill effects will be lost just like when swapping pets.
- If taken used while in Beastmode will grant you Might on each hit you land. -especially against multiple targets- can quickly build up 25 stacks of Might which is best used on (Longbow), (Greatsword), or (Beastmode).
- Merging with the pet is usually kept for delivering burst damage but has a few other applications as well, like the instant evasion through Smokescale's Smoke Assault. You can also meld with dead pets and then exit the form to instantly revive them.
- Dodging applies Protection, which also heals thanks to the trait . reduces the condition damage you take by 20% while affected by this boon.
- Survival skills cure 2 conditions and grant Fury. Your healing, cleanses 4 because it procs .
- Beastmode grants a flat 30% movement speed boost.
- has many uses.
- It can be used offensively for the Quickness, most notably to boost , , or Greatsword autos for downed cleave.
- Defensively by keeping your ready in case you need to cleanse 2 conditions.
- Alternatively the Superspeed can help you escape damage or chase down targets while on Greatsword.
- Try to be on Greatsword when you kill players and NPCs alike in order to build up stacks.
- passively maintains a high uptime of healing reduction on your target.
- will grant Attack of Opportunity to you while melded, this is best used for boosting 's damage.
- Smoke Assault can be used as an instant source of evasion in case you run out of dodges. The damage it does isn't bad either, but not that significant unless all attacks land on the same target.
- The optimal burst combo is fairly straightforward:
- Make sure you have Fury by the time you'll unload your Longbow skills.
- Pop before the burst.
- Get Quickness from either or (if taken).
- for some extra stats.
- Optional, if taken
- which boosts the Soulbeast's own damage if used in Beastmode.
- to increase the chance of landing your burst and to proc .
- for damage.
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade