Soulbeast - Sic 'Em Roamer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
For the optional slot:
- Lightning Reflexes - a defensive choice that's useful in any situation. Can also replace "Sic 'Em!" if you need sustain more than damage.
- Quickening Zephyr - an offensive pick which can help you burst with Quickness and boosts your mobility.
- - if you either want to trade sustain for damage, or can't afford Durability runes just yet.
- - highest burst potential.
Sigil of Severance can be replaced by:
- - 100% crit chance on your entire burst.
- Budget version:
- Budget version:
Elite specialization basics
- Soulbeast allows Rangers to meld with their pet, becoming one. This is done through 24px Beastmode which has a 10s CD.
- Entering 24px Beastmode breaks stun and makes your attacks unblockable for a few seconds via 24px Unstoppable Union, while granting extra stats and skills based on pet type.
- Pet related traits and skills such as Pet's Prowess will continue to function even while merged, but this time you'll be the one who benefits from them, not the pet (although sometimes the effects are lessened).
- IMPORTANT: skills that affect your pet like "Sic 'Em!" have to be used after merging if you wish to benefit from them, already active skill effects will be lost just like when swapping pets.
- "Strength of the Pack!" used while in Beastmode will grant you Might on each hit you land. Barrage -especially against multiple targets- can quickly build up 25 stacks of Might which is best used on Rapid Fire (Longbow), 24px Maul (Greatsword), or 24px Worldly Impact (Beastmode, both pets).
- Merging with the pet is usually kept for delivering burst damage but has a few other applications as well, like mobility from Owl or instant evasion through Smokescale's Smoke Assault. You can also meld with dead pets and then exit the form to instantly revive them.
- "We Heal As One!" should be used on CD while out of combat for the Swiftness from Resounding Timbre. In combat, to get the most out of the fact that it can grant you extra boons, try to use it if your pet has Protection and Quickness. In Beastmode, this grant you your boons again.
- Dodging applies Protection, which also heals thanks to the trait 24px Rugged Growth. Second Skin reduces the condition damage you take by 33% while affected by this boon.
- Survival skills cure 2 conditions and grant Fury. Your healing skill is a shout, but will still cleanse 2 conditions because it procs Soften the Fall.
- Greatsword and Owl's beast mode allow for great mobility and disengaging/kiting. Beastmode in general grants a flat 25% movement speed boost on its own.
- Signet of Stone is extremely useful against direct damage spikes, but you have to use it proactively and sometimes even predict when the burst is coming. Use it too late and it's wasted, too soon and your opponent can just delay its plan until the signet runs out.
- Power Stab, the last skill of the Greatsword auto attack chain grants evasion. Under heavy pressure you can stow your weapon just before the skill ends, and use it again 2 more times the same way for more evasion. After a total of 3 uses the chain will restart.
- Zephyr's Speed has many uses.
- It can be used offensively for the Quickness, most notably to boost Rapid Fire, 24px Maul, or Greatsword autos for downed cleave.
- Defensively by keeping your pet swap ready in case you need to cleanse 2 conditions.
- Alternatively the Superspeed can help you escape damage or chase down targets while on Greatsword.
- Try to be on Greatsword when you kill players and NPCs alike in order to build up stacks.
- 24px Unstoppable Union allows you to reliably burst specs with a lot of blocking/anti-projectile skills such as Firebrands. Unloading your burst right after entering Beastmode is preferable for this reason, but can make you more predictable.
- 24px Maul will grant Attack of Opportunity to you while melded, this is best used for boosting 24px Worldly Impact's damage.
- Smoke Assault can be used as an instant source of evasion in case you run out of dodges. The damage it does isn't bad either, but not that significant unless all attacks land on the same target.
- The optimal burst combo is fairly straightforward:
- Make sure you have Fury by the time you'll unload your Longbow skills.
- Get Quickness from either Zephyr's Speed or Quickening Zephyr (if taken).
- 24px Beastmode for some extra stats and unblockable attacks for a short while.
- Optional "Strength of the Pack!"
- "Sic 'Em!" which boosts the Soulbeast's own damage if used in Beastmode.
- Point Blank Shot to increase the chance of landing your burst and to proc 24px Twice as Vicious.
- Rapid Fire for damage.