Ranger - Power Survival
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A PvP Power Ranger burst build. Can be used by F2P players as well, albeit with somewhat weaker pets.
- Juvenile Tiger can replace Juvenile Rock Gazelle, especially if you own Heart of Thorns but not Path of Fire. If you have both of these expansions, then it's just a matter of personal preference.
If you do not have any of the expansions take the following pets:
- Juvenile Wolf for the first pet.
- Juvenile Krytan Drakehound (CC) or Juvenile Eagle (damage) for the second.
- Take 24px Farsighted if you want to focus more on Longbow bursts, or just don't want to work with Moment of Clarity.
- - a tanky alternative.
- "We Heal As One!" should be used just before leaving spawn to grant AoE Swiftness to the team through Resounding Timbre. In combat, to get the most out of the fact that it can grant you extra boons, try to use it if your pet has Protection and Quickness. Swapping pets in the middle of channeling your healing skill is something you should aim for.
- Dodging applies Protection, which also heals thanks to the trait 24px Rugged Growth.
- Survival skills cure 2 conditions and grant Fury. Troll Unguent (if taken) can cleanse 4, because it triggers another Survival skill from Soften the Fall.
- Use Swoop for mobility.
- Power Stab, the last skill of the Greatsword auto attack chain grants evasion. Under heavy pressure you can stow your weapon just before the skill ends, and use it again 2 more times the same way for more evasion. After a total of 3 uses the chain will restart.
- 24px Zephyr's Speed has many uses.
- It can be used offensively for the Quickness, most notably to boost Rapid Fire, 24px Maul, or Greatsword autos for downed cleave.
- Defensively by keeping your pet swap ready in case you need to cleanse 2 conditions.
- Alternatively the Superspeed can help you escape damage or chase down targets while on Greatsword.
- Pet swapping acts as a Blast finisher thanks to Clarion Bond. Being instant, you can have Smokescale place a Smoke Cloud under you (even while you're stunned), and swap pets for AoE stealth.
- Hunter's Shot is the easiest way to gain stealth in this build, but if the projectile misses then it won't be applied. To reduce the chance of that happening (and considering how the damage of this skill is horrible) you should fire it at pets, mesmer clones, and other AI whenever possible. Alternatively, use it to quickly get rid of Blind or Aegis because it's the fastest projectile on this weapon.
- Signet of Stone is extremely useful against direct damage spikes, but you have to use it proactively and sometimes even predict when the burst is coming. Use it too late and it's wasted, too soon and your opponent can just delay its plan until the signet runs out.
- The trait Refined Toxins passively maintains a high uptime of healing reduction on your target via Poison.
- Using "Strength of the Pack!" before a burst makes it less likely to get interrupted whilst also increasing your damage.
- Most of the build revolves around burst combos and just surviving / using fillers inbetween.
The Longbow burst combo is rather simple:
- CC people with Point Blank Shot
- Optional - get Quickness from either 24px Zephyr's Speed, Quickening Zephyr, or your weapon swap sigil (obviously the last one would happen sooner in the rotation but the point is to have the boon for Rapid Fire)
- Immediately follow up with Rapid Fire while you have Fury and preferably some Quickness
Greatsword burst combo:
- Already in combat, pet swap to Rock Gazelle or Tiger (depending on which one you chose), this is going to trigger 24px Zephyr's Speed which grants Fury and Quickness. Fury gives you Opening Strike for increased damage.
- Use 24px Maul and your pet F2 attack about the same time. Maul will give your pet Moment of Clarity for its next attack. Your pet should hit a split second after you've landed Maul.
- Hilt Bash your target for CC, hopefully a Moment of Clarity proc, and to refresh Maul.
- 24px Maul again.