Ranger - Power Survival
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Designed for: PvP Conquest
A PvP Power Ranger build designed to win smaller skirmishes. Can be used by F2P players as well.
- - worse healing and cleansing, more Swiftness access and better boon uptime in general.
- over - trades sustain for a signet that's useful against any build that relies on blocking or projectile reflection for survival. Consider taking on Marksmanship.
If you do not own any of the expansions, take the following pets:
- Wolf for the first pet.
- Krytan Drakehound for the second.
- Take if you want to focus more on Longbow bursts.
- over - the build already has a fairly high critical hit chance and plenty of trait synergy that pushes it to 100% from time to time, but if that's not enough for you and want to make sure that your opening burst always crits then feel free to pick Intelligence.
- should be used just before leaving spawn to grant AoE Swiftness to the team through . In combat, to get the most out of the fact that it can grant you extra boons, try to use it if your pet has Protection and Quickness. Swapping pets in the middle of channeling your healing skill is something you should aim for.
- Dodging applies Protection, which also heals thanks to the trait .
- Survival skills cure 2 conditions and grant Fury. (if taken) can cleanse 4, because it triggers another Survival skill from .
- Use for mobility.
- has many uses.
- It can be used offensively for the Quickness, most notably to boost , , or Greatsword autos for downed cleave.
- Defensively by keeping your pet swap ready in case you need to cleanse 2 conditions.
- Alternatively the Superspeed can help you escape damage or chase down targets while on Greatsword.
- Pet swapping acts as a Blast finisher thanks to . Being instant, you can have Smokescale place a under you (even while you're stunned), and swap pets for AoE stealth.
- is the easiest way to gain stealth in this build, but if the projectile misses then it won't be applied. To reduce the chance of that happening (and considering how the damage of this skill is horrible) you should fire it at pets, mesmer clones, and other AI whenever possible. Alternatively, use it to quickly get rid of Blind or Aegis because it's the fastest projectile on this weapon.
- Smokescale's F2 is a useful combo field:
- Using before a burst makes it less likely to get interrupted whilst also increasing your damage.
- Most of the build revolves around burst combos and just surviving / using fillers inbetween.
The Longbow burst combo is rather simple:
Greatsword burst combo:
- Twitch: Boyce
- Twitch ROM
- Soulbeast - Sic 'Em Sniper - PvP Soulbeast elite spec version.
- Core LB Roamer - the WvW Roaming version of the build.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium