Ranger - Power Survival
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A PvP Power Ranger burst build. Can be used by F2P players as well, albeit with somewhat weaker pets.
- - if more cleansing is needed as it has synergy with.
- Juvenile Tiger can replace Juvenile Rock Gazelle, especially if you own Heart of Thorns but not Path of Fire. If you have both of these expansions, then it's just a matter of personal preference.
If you do not have any of the expansions take the following pets:
- Juvenile Wolf for the first pet.
- Juvenile Krytan Drakehound (CC) or Juvenile Eagle (damage) for the second.
- Take if you want to focus more on Longbow bursts, or just don't want to bother with.
can be replaced by:
- should be used just before leaving spawn to grant AoE Swiftness to the team via. In combat, to get the most out of the fact that it can grant you extra boons, try to use it if your pet has Protection and Quickness. Swapping pets in the middle of channeling your healing skill is something you should aim for.
- Dodging applies Protection, which also heals thanks to the trait .
- Survival skills cure 2 conditions and grant Fury. (if taken) can cleanse 4, because it triggers another Survival skill from.
- Use for mobility.
- , the last skill of the Greatsword auto attack chain grants evasion. Under heavy pressure you can stow your weapon just before the skill ends, and use it again 2 more times the same way for more evasion. After a total of 3 uses the chain will restart.
- has many uses.
- It can be used offensively for the Quickness, most notably to boost ,, or Greatsword autos for downed cleave.
- Defensively by keeping your pet swap ready in case you need to cleanse 2 conditions.
- Alternatively the Superspeed can help you escape damage or chase down targets while on Greatsword.
- It can be used offensively for the Quickness, most notably to boost
- Pet swapping also acts as a Blast Finisher thanks to . Being instant, you can have Smokescale place aunder you (even while you're stunned), and swap pets for AoE stealth.
- is the easiest way to gain stealth in this build, but if the projectile misses then it won't be applied. To reduce the chance of that happening (and considering how the damage of this skill is horrible) you should fire it at pets, mesmer clones, and other AI whenever possible. Alternatively, use it to quickly get rid of Blind or Aegis because it's the fastest projectile on this weapon.
- is extremely useful against direct damage spikes, but you have to use it proactively and sometimes even predict when the burst is coming. Use it too late and it's wasted, too soon and your opponent can just delay its plan until the signet runs out.
- The Longbow burst combo is rather simple, just CC people with intowhile you have Fury and preferably some Quickness.
- Greatsword (GS) can get a bit more complicated. Optimal burst combo:
- Already in combat, Pet swap to Rock Gazelle or Tiger (depending on which one you took), this is going to trigger which grants Fury and Quickness. Fury has synergy with Marksmanship and makes you havefor increased damage.
- Use and your pet F2 attack about the same time. Maul will give your petfor its next hit. Your pet should hit a split second after you've landed Maul.
- your target for CC, hopefully aproc, and to refresh Maul.