Ranger - Power Survival
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A PvP Power Ranger burst build. Can be used by F2P players as well, albeit with somewhat weaker pets.
- - if more cleansing is needed as it has synergy with .
For the optional slot:
- - a decent and versatile skill which offers excellent defense, and the CC can be used to set up burst.
- - if you want a panic button that helps you live through any amount of direct damage.
- Juvenile Tiger can replace Juvenile Rock Gazelle, especially if you own Heart of Thorns but not Path of Fire. If you have both of these expansions, then it's just a matter of personal preference.
If you do not own any of the expansions take the following pets:
- Juvenile Wolf for the first pet.
- Juvenile Krytan Drakehound (CC) or Juvenile Eagle (damage) for the second.
- Take if you want to focus more on Longbow bursts, or just don't want to work with .
- - better boon duration and some extra cleansing.
- - increased combat mobility.
- should be used just before leaving spawn to grant AoE Swiftness to the team through . In combat, to get the most out of the fact that it can grant you extra boons, try to use it if your pet has Protection and Quickness. Swapping pets in the middle of channeling your healing skill is something you should aim for.
- Dodging applies Protection, which also heals thanks to the trait .
- Survival skills cure 2 conditions and grant Fury. (if taken) can cleanse 4, because it triggers another Survival skill from .
- Use for mobility.
- has many uses.
- It can be used offensively for the Quickness, most notably to boost , , or Greatsword autos for downed cleave.
- Defensively by keeping your pet swap ready in case you need to cleanse 2 conditions.
- Alternatively the Superspeed can help you escape damage or chase down targets while on Greatsword.
- Pet swapping acts as a Blast finisher thanks to . Being instant, you can have Smokescale place a under you (even while you're stunned), and swap pets for AoE stealth.
- is the easiest way to gain stealth in this build, but if the projectile misses then it won't be applied. To reduce the chance of that happening (and considering how the damage of this skill is horrible) you should fire it at pets, mesmer clones, and other AI whenever possible. Alternatively, use it to quickly get rid of Blind or Aegis because it's the fastest projectile on this weapon.
- is extremely useful against direct damage spikes, but you have to use it proactively and sometimes even predict when the burst is coming. Use it too late and it's wasted, too soon and your opponent can just delay its plan until the signet runs out.
- The trait passively maintains a high uptime of healing reduction on your target via Poison.
- Using before a burst makes it less likely to get interrupted whilst also increasing your damage.
- Most of the build revolves around burst combos and just surviving / using fillers inbetween.
The Longbow burst combo is rather simple:
Greatsword burst combo:
- Already in combat, pet swap to Rock Gazelle or Tiger (depending on which one you chose), this is going to trigger which grants Fury and Quickness. Fury gives you for increased damage.
- Use and your pet F2 attack about the same time. Maul will give your pet for its next attack. Your pet should hit a split second after you've landed Maul.
- your target for CC, hopefully a proc, and to refresh Maul.