Renegade - Shortbow Shiro Roamer
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Focused on: Hybrid damage and Sustain
Designed for: WvW Roaming
A Renegade build with heavy ranged burst damage and great survivability made for WvW Roaming.
Retribution over Salvation also works, both are defensive specializations. Salvation offers better condition cleansing, damage mitigation and passive healing (via barrier) while Retribution has an anti-projectile dome, better Weakness access and higher endurance regeneration (plus a bit more damage).
There are several ways to make the build work. The first we'd like to highlight is Celestial, this variant has a really strong mix of sustain and hybrid damage:
The second, alternate gear would be a Power based one centered around Berserker / Marauder stats. Sustain's going to be lower, but the burst will be higher and this gear should be cheaper / easier to obtain:
has great synergy with if you're playing with Salvation but loses some value with Retribution. If you don't feel like you need the extra cleansing, other viable options include:
- - very tanky choice with extra boon duration.
- - improves Might uptime when playing with Retribution.
- - nice hybrid stats and a 6th bonus which acts as an Energy sigil proc.
- - higher mobility to help you build (or close) the gap between you and the enemy, decent defensive stats.
Short bow (Celestial variant):
- - improves cleansing and potentially increases your condition variety.
- - could replace Vision with it, serves as an instant trigger for Doom sigil for immediate condition burst.
- - great all around stat boost and damage mitigation.
- and other similar Oyster consumables are fairly cheap on the Trading post if you don't have ascended cooking.
- - better endurance regen, more access to dodging (and thus better condition cleansing too with Salvation).
- Budget version:
- - slightly worse endurance regen than that of the Orrian Truffle food, but the constant healing ensures effortless uptime.
- or - cheap precision bump and armor ignoring damage procs that also heals you.
- if you're running Celestial.
- or if you're running the Power gear.
- Invoking a legend resets energy to 50 (ideally 75, more on that later), removes 1 condition, and could even trigger the sigils of your active weapon set (if they are not on CD) among other things. Swapping legends is basically the main resource management tool in the build - swap whenever you're out of CDs, low on energy, or need to cleanse.
- Because of you should always aim to deplete your energy before switching legends in order to start at 75 energy instead of 50.
- Renegade comes with its own 3 specialization skills:
- will hardly ever be used, but it's okay for pushing your energy below 10 before switching legends.
- could be a strong burst skill if you need to cleave and the targets are either stunned or immobile (for example when they are rezing a downed) but it's hard to land on moving targets.
- is a bit expensive but quite strong, provides lots of Alacrity. Being instant cast makes it an attractive choice for depleting energy quickly even when you're stunned before swapping legends.
- allows for permanent Swiftness uptime. The easiest way to trigger this is to turn either (if you chose Shiro) or (if you chose Jalis) on/off every 5 seconds.
- Dodging removes 1 condition via (2 with Antitoxin runes}}. This is your primary line of defense against conditions.
- provides damage mitigation for a short while after you're healed. Ideally you should have permanent uptime, which isn't hard to achieve as and regular dodging should do the trick. and the Holo cake consumables could also help.
- is a skill with life steal, which means the damage it deals bypasses any damage mitigation including Protection or even . That being said it still can't go through evasion or invulnerabilities such as .
- can augment any skill and increase your damage output significantly while active. It's quite expensive though, so don't maintain it for more than a few seconds at a time, use it only for bursts. Note that it's only single target damage, doesn't cleave.
- Always stop maintaining this skill if you're about to hit 0 energy - turning it off sends it on a 1 second CD while running out of energy results in a 4 second CD.
- With this skill could also boost your sustain, making it that much more of a versatile tool.
- is great for initiating fights from range and immediately starting off with Quickness coupled with unblockable attacks. Quickness can be used to do burst damage or cleave downed targets better through auto attacking, while the unblockable attacks could seal the fate of enemies relying on blocking as their last resource option for sustain. Either follow up with hard hitting attacks or a / if you wish to interrupt them (and to cancel their blocking skill).
- won't be used often because it exhausts most of your energy pool, leaving you defenseless and with barely anything to capitalize on the CC. This should only be used to set up kills for your teammates, or to interrupt very important channels like a rez or a stomp.
- Most of the damage comes from a combination of Shiro and Shortbow skills.
- and are your primary burst CDs. Use them as often as possible.
- and work really well with these skills as multiple hits can mean multiple procs, and stacking several sources of damage at the same time is a big part of Revenant bursts in general.
- Retribution-only: The dome created by is a combo field. Using after has a chance to proc leeching bolts for additional life steal.
- Use these two skills right after procs to make the most of this sigil.
- is an excellent AoE that could easily cover a capture point on most maps. Using it before unleashing your other bow skills adds to your burst damage.
- is a strong ranged CC, use it to root enemies into your burst combos.
- If you're out of CDs, spam with Impossible Odds can still do a lot of damage.
- While Shortbow attack pierces and hit multiple targets thanks to , you should still consider using Staff auto attacks over Shortbow's for things such as downed cleave.
- is great for mitigating damage for both yourself and your team.
- provides excellent defense vs CC for every ally affected, whilst also mitigating direct damage through the Weakness.
- is yet another form of damage mitigation, and it's instant. adds to the base healing of this upkeep.
- is one of the strongest skills you've got in the build, and also the only stunbreak on this legend. It's rather costly though, keep it for saving your allies or breaking out of stuns that could result in your death.
- Being a stun break with a cast time, that means if you get interrupted while channeling it you'll lose the entire energy cost of this skill without getting anything other than a stun break out of it. Consider using it while standing on whenever possible.
- also deserves a mention. You've guessed, another skill for mitigating damage but this is a bit more situational as it doesn't work on targets that are immune to CC. It's also just in general a great AoE CC that could either set up kills for your team, or take pressure off of them.
- Staff is the defensive weapon in the build.
- The 3 main defensive skills include a block, a condition cleanse, and an evade frame. These skills are not only strong but also cheaper than Jalis skills in case you need to survive but you're running low on energy.
- other than being a much needed condition cleanse is also a Blast Finisher - your combo fields are not that great, but you could combo this with whatever fields your allies are using for stronger benefits like Stealth.
- is an instant evade frame which already makes it valuable. Perhaps the best thing about this skill though is the fact that it CC's multiple times in a row, which makes it great at burning through Stability stacks of your opponent and interrupting casts they thought were safe.
Shortbow Shiro (PvP) - Conquest PvP version.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium